Post subject: I got a Wii!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:13 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

YES! YES! I DID IT!! First ever Nintendo console at last! Came bundled with NSMB Wii and I'm already having tons of fun with that game.

But to suit myself, I'll need *more than one stupid little Mario game. I need a nintendo first-party overdose of games here, as I have absolutely no idea of how being a nintendo nerd is like, myself.

Please recommend me some good first party Wii titles to get. Remember that the more Mario I get, the better!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: I got a Wii!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:20 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Depending on the model you got, it can run Gamecube games.

Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party 4-7, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Mario Party 8 and 9, Mario Kart Wii, etc.

Some of these games were received less well than others. (Hint: Mario Party 9 is one of them.)

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:21 am 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It's the white model. But Gamecube games are pretty rare around here, so I don't think I should care that much about them.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:22 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
They're good games though. If you can snag one for a good price, I would absolutely recommend it.

[fr]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:23 am 
спасибо
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves is a good pick. Probably the best of its series.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:47 am 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Mr. Saltman wrote:
It's the white model. But Gamecube games are pretty rare around here, so I don't think I should care that much about them.

You could probably find them on ebay for good prices, just make sure its from a reliable seller and check the item condition.

As for wii games, Smash Bros and Wario Ware are good ones. MP9 can be fun, but it's not the best of the series (though I think it is much better than 8, as I find the mini-games and boards in that one overall pretty atrocious). NSMB Wii and Mario Kart Wii can be fun with friends. You can also get Pikmin on the Wii, as well as Twilight Princess. And Skyward Sword is a great one, too. Donkey Kong Country Returns is fun too.
Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are probably some of the best Mario games on Wii, I think. Super Paper Mario is also really good.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:57 am 
[*]
[*]
Mario Kart Wii , Wario Ware : Smooth Moves , [OPTIONAL] Wii Sports (or Wii Sports Resort) , Super Mario Galaxy , Super Mario Galaxy 2 , Mario Strikers Charged Football.

[OPTIONAL] Check out : Mario Kart Wii CTGP Revolution

EDIT : Also Super Paper Mario

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:50 am 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Here's some of my favorite games you can get for the Wii, and some other recommendations

3D Platformers
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Vexx
  • Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
  • Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
2D Platformers
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Sonic Colors
Racing Games
  • F-Zero GX
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
  • Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
  • TrackMania Wii (only recommendable if you can't play TrackMania on a PC)
Other
  • Super Monkey Ball 2

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:58 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker yet. It's definitely one of my favorite GameCube games, even though I never played it until relatively recently. (I still need to finish it.)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:15 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Since I didn't mention GC games on my previous post, some GameCube games i recommend are:
Mario Sunshine,
Mario Kart Double Dash,
Wind Waker,
Twilight Princess (though it is also on the wii),
Smash Bros Melee,
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door,
Mario Party (4-6 are all on the GameCube, I only have 5 so I couldn't tell you my opinion on the others)
Mario Strikers
Mario Power Tennis
Metroid Prime 2

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:51 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

They are absurdly rare, but if you can somehow get your hands on a copy of either Metroid Prime: Trilogy or Xenoblade, they're absolutely worth it.

I would also recommend, Wii games-wise, Donkey Kong Country Returns (play it with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk together - everybody complains about the motion controls but that's because they play with it Wii Remote sideways like chumps), Disney Epic Mickey (skip the second one, but the first one's pretty good if you're willing to look past its flaws and appreciate Disney history even a little bit), Punch-Out!!, GoldenEye (it's a pretty good remake, aside from the garbage story, it's got genuinely good FPS gameplay), Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (like a lot of other people, I agree this is absolutely the best game in the Wario Ware series), both Mario Galaxies (they're just excellent), and Zelda: Skyward Sword.

For GameCube games, hoo boy, where to start? Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Luigi's Mansion, Kirby Air Ride, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Smash Bros. Melee, Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Animal Crossing, Crazy Taxi, Baten Kaitos Origins, Pikmin, F-Zero GX, Soul Calibur II, Spider-Man 2, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Wario World, Simpsons: Hit and Run, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes... it's safe to say you've got quite a library of excellence to choose from!

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:01 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Cool stuff, cool stuff.

What about WiiWare? Anything good regarding that?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:22 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Megaman 9 and 10

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 pm 
[*]
Kirby's Adventure wrote:
Depending on the model you got, it can run Gamecube games.

Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party 4-7, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Mario Party 8 and 9, Mario Kart Wii, etc.

Some of these games were received less well than others. (Hint: Mario Party 9 is one of them.)
Mine can run Gamecube games. If there's holes for a Gamecube Controller then you know it can run Gamecube games usually on the top. Kirby's Adventure how dare you not mention Wind Waker!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:36 pm 
Is that a jojoke?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Interestingly, the new Wiis without GameCube ports can run GameCube games natively, through hacking (Nintendont). I would assume the Wii Mini could also run GameCube games if it were possible to hack it.
It makes you wonder why they removed them in the first place.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:15 am 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
No one mentioned Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Metroid Prime 3 or Metroid Prime Trilogy... so I guess I will. Amazing games, all three. Also yes this was mentioned: Super Paper Mario. The game has a great story and aesthetic and charm. It's beautiful really. One of the few RPGs I've cared to Play all the way to the end.

User page at mfgg.net

[ie]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:18 am 
thanks, neweegee!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
noone mentioned the games NOT to go to, so, mario party 8.

my youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Pu2NplrfCUbTxE_zyHITQ

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:44 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
IMO it's better off hacking Wii with a computer and a SD card than buying new games and looking for hard to find games

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 18 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic