Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 22 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [zz]
 Post subject: Forgotten video game legends that you believe are better
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:22 pm 
[*]
I wanted to take this opportunity to see where we as members stand as far as our individualistic tastes. Me personally I only just started becoming a fan of Mario 4 months ago but he will never compete with the japanese classic

Google the hardcore gaming article for it as it goes way more in depht but Ganbare Goemon is a series that consistently was innovative and wasn't afraid to try new things, ideas and concepts. Shame most of the games arent translated but I recommend you all check out Goemon 1, 2, & 3 on the SNES and BOTH N64 titles. Way better than Super Mario

to this point, i recently saw some video where a stupid teenager blew both of his hands off with a pipe bomb. my only question is, why couldn't this have been zelma2chainz instead?

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Forgotten video game legends that you believe are better
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:45 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I played the N64 game Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon game once.

Really odd stuff in that game, but fun from what I remember.

User page at mfgg.net

[zw]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:53 pm 
[*]
[*]

this mother****er right here
he kicks ass

back when mario was too AFRAID to even do wall jumps, strider was climbing ceilings, sliding, back-flipping and all sorts of other crazy ****. and he was slicing b****es in half the whole time
i don't know who figured out cool ninja + laser sword = perfection but they deserve a medal

RIP hiryu

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:55 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

BlasterMaster wrote:
this mother****er right here

Woah! Hey there, buddy. Bad words aren't legal in the lands of MFGG.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:05 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Mr. Saltman wrote:

Yes they are. Most of them just happen to be censored, and evading the filter is against the rules. mother****er is fine though.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:16 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Willsaber wrote:
Mr. Saltman wrote:

Yes they are. Most of them just happen to be censored, and evading the filter is against the rules. mother****er is fine though.

Actually, we just haven't had someone use that one yet oddly haha. It is indeed censored now

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:23 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Here is my contribution to the thread.

These two make up the best duo in gaming imo.

Girl without a voice. Voice without a body. The awesomness writes itself! Most RPGs just use some cookie cutter JRPG combat system (sometimes with minor variations, like Undertale or Mother 3), but Transistor's combat is wholly unique and has these two's unique abilities be fundamentally integral to the combat. Plus the character designs are just awesome. You can see the tattered remains of Red's fancy dress she wears in flashbacks underneath of the coat, and the Transistor has three prongs like a real transistor. I love how you never even see his old body's face, because the game wants you to think of him as the iconic sword, not just some dude who lives inside.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:29 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:41 pm 
"I am one valuable card"
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
The one and only...Ristar, the Shooting Star!
So underatted...

NNID: SonicZetrex
User: SonicZetrx

Old Drawing Banners

Spoiler:

Things I support/others

Spoiler:

My favorite theme:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:27 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I second Ristar

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:38 am 
Great Time Champion
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
You plebeians. You absolute neanderthals. You all ignore the gaming legend that defined a generation, whether they knew it or not. The man, the legend, the southpaw reliever.

I speak of none other than Michael "The Man" Jones, main character of hit NES game StarTropics, which is literally and figuratively the greatest game Nintendo, nay, the entire gaming industry has ever created.

A being of majesty. I know, some of you may feel a bit weak at the knees gazing upon such a person, but you must keep looking. The character depicted above is the embodiment of everything the gaming industry should strive for, yet has ignored.

Accept Mike Jones into your life and joy will come your way.

Image | Image | Image | Image
Profiles
Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:17 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Dustinvgmaster wrote:
You plebeians. You absolute neanderthals. You all ignore the gaming legend that defined a generation, whether they knew it or not. The man, the legend, the southpaw reliever.

I speak of none other than Michael "The Man" Jones, main character of hit NES game StarTropics, which is literally and figuratively the greatest game Nintendo, nay, the entire gaming industry has ever created.

A being of majesty. I know, some of you may feel a bit weak at the knees gazing upon such a person, but you must keep looking. The character depicted above is the embodiment of everything the gaming industry should strive for, yet has ignored.

Accept Mike Jones into your life and joy will come your way.

OHHHH so that's why you're always saying Mike Jones

ok, I thought it was... the rapper... alright

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:24 am 
Watashi Wa
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I can't believe Dustin stole the thing that I was gonna post!

User page at mfgg.net

[zw]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:30 am 
[*]
[*]
mike jones is a great hero and a great man
not the best at jumping though, so i'd call him solidly inferior to mario

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:05 pm 
He has no file, He has no name!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Mike Jones is a horrid little grimlin man who deserves nothing but pain
Just look at him. I just wanna punch that smug, banana-eared mother****er right in the nose. What a ****ing pervert.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:24 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

MoneyMan wrote:
Mike Jones is a horrid little grimlin man who deserves nothing but pain
Just look at him. I just wanna punch that smug, banana-eared mother****er right in the nose. What a ****ing pervert.

I don't really know if you're either joking or being serious.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:37 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
You all forgetting this highly underrated mascot from the down under, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

I liked his games and were pretty fun and varied, with the 1 being the collectathon platformer and 2 being some sort of mission-based platformers. I haven't played the third and the fourth games as yet.

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:36 am 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
...Sonic.

Maybe not any more, heck, maybe not even since SM64 and Sonic Adventure, but if you were to compare the original Super Mario Bros. trilogy to the original Sonic the Hedgehog trilogy, Sonic just had so much...more. More speed. More complexity. More challenge. More stage gimmicks. More playable characters. More aesthetic variety. More organic level design. More of just about everything that you'd want out of a platformer.

And even if Sonic Adventure and 2 weren't necessarily more complex or solid than SM64 and Sunshine, they were just...I dunno...cooler. Bowser has dinky flying tubs with medieval cannons. Eggman has a huge futuristic metal battleship with laser cannons and fighter drones. Princess Peach has a parasol that she can use to gently float. Amy Rose has a giant mallet that she can use to vault twenty feet into the air and smash robots into pieces. Mario fights a grumpy turtle cow in a poisonous Jacuzzi above a volcano using a squirt gun. Sonic fights a LITERAL GOD OF DESTRUCTION IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MASSIVE CITY THAT IT COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DEMOLISHED AND IN ORDER TO FIGHT HE HAS TO USE THE POWER OF LOVE TO AWAKEN THE POSITIVE ENERGY IN SEVEN MYTHICAL ARTEFACTS AND THEN HE TURNS INTO AN INVINCIBLE GOLDEN SUPERHERO WHO EMBODIES EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT HUMAN NATURE AND THEN HE FLIES INTO A GIANT WATER DRAGON DEMON GOD SOMETHINGOROTHER MONSTER AND PUNCHES ITS BRAIN UNTIL IT EXPLODES. MY. TINY. CHILD. MIND. WAS. BLOWN.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:40 am 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Wow. You guys are all forgetting about this amazing game, but you've probably never played it because you're all losers.

This is Phantom 2040. Now I know what you're thinking. "Wait, isn't the Phantom that really old superhero who sucks?" NO. This is Phantom 2040, the futuristic reboot of the Phantom that was like Batman Beyond except it came out way before Batman Beyond was even a concept.

This video game right here is like a combination of Mega Man and Super Metroid rolled into one awesome package that's ready to blow your mind through the stratosphere. The Phantom has a grapple line. But unlike Samus Aran's dinky Grapple Beam that can only grab on to things that have a giant "GRAPPLE BEAM POINT" label on them because it sucks, the Phantom's grapple line can attach to anything it wants because it's a grapple line and you're gonna use it to grapple. You can swing from it, you can climb up walls with it, you can hang from a wall and shoot from where you're hanging, whilst also walking up and down the wall while shooting, you can shoot while swinging, and you can use it to stun enemies because hey maybe you gotta catch your breath or something, point is, that grapple line is awesome. You can even get upgrades to extend it to reach higher places because did I mention there's exploration in this game?!

You also have a gun. It uses weapon energy, though, so the Phantom also has his fists because the Phantom ain't got time for shootin' when robots get all up in his business, and he don't give a high-falootin' care if he's punching metal robots with human fists because he's awesome. You can punch, you can slide kick, you can dive kick, and if you're feelin' particularly cool today you can GRAB A ROBOT AND USE THEM AS A SHIELD WHILE YOU MOVE AND SHOOT because you're the Phantom, dammit. Fighting fair is for losers who can't punch robots into smithereens with their bare hands.

Now get yourselves ready for this. This game starts out with the Phantom, in his civilian identity Kit Walker, visiting a university professor about an artifact he found in the Ghost Jungle. He leaves, and then robots come and blow up the university 'cause that's what robots do, and Kit Walker becomes THE PHANTOM in order to investigate, and bam guess what you're playing a game with multiple paths, pal. You can either run into the university and find a keycard to make the next level easier, or you can follow the robots, blow them up, and get a new weapon you otherwise wouldn't get until maybe never 'cause you can't do both 'cause multiple choice paths, yo. There's even multiple endings based on the choices you make during the game, because this was back when games actually cared about giving you your money's worth.

Yeah this means you have to write down and enter in ridiculously long passwords, or you could do a smart and just use savestates after each chapter.

The graphics illustrate the cool cyberpunk noir style perfectly, and the music? Hot damn, that music.

But yeah, that all right there is why it's the coolest game ever played by cool people, and if you haven't played it, you're not a cool person.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:36 am 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I loved Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon for N64. I agree: better than Mario. Also Bomberman was too. Not the dumb multiplayer that everyone adores, the single player adventures for N64. They were genius absolutely. They were weird quirky and at times heartwarming a adorably cute. And my God did I love pommy in Bomberman the Second Attack. And no game will ever be as weird as Bomberman Hero. It was eerie in how magical it felt to jump around listening to the weird music and the weird list of levels. I loved Bomberman

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 22 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic