[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Just played the Global Testpunch of this and it's WAY more fun than I expected, really enjoyed it and I'm surprisingly good at it. Only lost one match out of the lot that I played including wiping the floor with a perfect KO of one or two people. Volleyball is actually pretty fun too. Not sure if I have a favourite fighter yet, but Spring Man or Ribbon Girl seem easy enough to get started with. I'm more of a fan of the fast movers than the heavy hitters though.

Played a couple of two player matches and they're super hectic but really good fun online and local, can't wait to try more of it. The motion control works really well and once you're used to it it's almost natural, it really couldn't be played without it.

Also aside from one player with lag so bad they got booted, I didn't notice any lag issues in the time I played.

Anyone else played it yet? Got any favourite fighters or ARMS?

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: ARMS
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:37 pm 
Great Time Champion
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I gotta say, the Global Test Punch was a load of fun and I can't wait for the final game.

So far, I think my favorite fighter is Min Min, with Mechanica and Master Mummy as honorable mentions.

Image | Image | Image | Image
Profiles
Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:44 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Those three are the ones I like the least, though with the final game that could easily change with being able to buy and equip different ARMS. In a 2v2 though it's hard to go up against a duo of heavy hitters like Mechanica.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:18 pm 
Watashi Wa
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Min Min is the cutest and best girl.

Eat at her ramen shop!

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:25 pm 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I loved what I played of it yesterday, but today I had really bad wifi issues.
My Switch in general has really poor reception in my room, so I ordered a LAN adapter on amazon and I'll see how it goes next weekend.
If the LAN adapter doesn't fix the internet, I'll have to pass and maybe boycott Nintendo's intentions to charge money for their service...

But the reports of many people having no issue at all with the connection makes me think it's really just the wifi.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:03 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Guinea wrote:
If the LAN adapter doesn't fix the internet, I'll have to pass and maybe boycott Nintendo's intentions to charge money for their service...
Nintendo's still using P2P and I'm pretty sure the paid service will use dedicated servers. Charging money for the internet as is would be an audacity, as I can barely play MK8DX without getting disconnected.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:37 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Nintendo's still using P2P and I'm pretty sure the paid service will use dedicated servers.

What makes you so sure about this?
Nintendo has clearly stated that "you can try the new online service for free" which implies this is what we're gonna get when we have to pay.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:47 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Are you sure? Charging for P2P is audacious, especially given how it's barely functional.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:37 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Are you sure? Charging for P2P is audacious, especially given how it's barely functional.

Charging for online is audacious. Period. PC games don't do it, and if they do it's on a per-game basis or you can buy your own servers or whatever. Imagine the meltdown if Steam decided to charge a yearly fee for online services. Nintendo does it only because people are already known to pay for it on consoles and they want a piece of it. Thanks Microsoft.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:08 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Didn't get much of a chance to try it again but I'll be having another go in June.

One quirk that probably won't bother many of you is how the game handles co-op online play. Basically you don't always get to play with your split-screen partner. Sometimes you get matched with a random stranger in 2v2 or end up in a 1v1 match due to how the matchmaking works and the other player who's with you basically has to sit out the match and watch. It's kind of frustrating, ended up in around 4 separate matches the other night before we finally got to play a couple of split screen 2v2 matches.

It should put priority over your co-op buddy if you're playing 2 player online I think. I'd rather wait a little while and play split screen than have one of us forced to sit and watch.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:29 am 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Guinea wrote:
DJ Coco wrote:

Charging for online is audacious. Period. PC games don't do it, and if they do it's on a per-game basis or you can buy your own servers or whatever. Imagine the meltdown if Steam decided to charge a yearly fee for online services. Nintendo does it only because people are already known to pay for it on consoles and they want a piece of it. Thanks Microsoft.
I do understand charging for dedicated servers. They also cost money. Plus, 30 bucks a year isn't much if the online experience is much more stable than on the Wii U - however, if this is how it's gonna be, then yeah. The online is actually worse than it was on the Wii U, and there is absolutely no reason to charge for P2P ever. Now I'm sad ):

Anywho, should probably get back on topic (I don't think I've been on topic since I came into this thread to begin with so oops): I missed every testpunch so far, but there's still some in June I saw, so I'm gonna check those out. I heard GX also posted an exploit on how to play singleplayer anytime, so that'll come in handy in case I miss the times again.

So far I gotta say I don't really care about what I saw, but neither did I care about Splatoon before I tried it.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:13 pm 
Great Time Champion
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
So, it's out now. Who here ended up getting it?

I like it pretty well, though I'm a bit sad to see that it's a bit paltry on content.

Image | Image | Image | Image
Profiles
Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:17 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I've got it coming in the mail in a few days hopefully. I don't mind the lack of content because I think like Splatoon they're going to support it a fair way. There's a new fighter and a spectator mode coming in June/July I believe.

I think it's going to be like Mario Kart for me, a game I bust out for a few rounds in between other things.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:27 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I honestly just couldn't get into the Testpunch at all.
It's really just not my genre. That's what I thought when I saw Splatoon at first too, but I'm really not feeling it with this game.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:36 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I love my the graphics and designs in this game, but it's not really my type so I doubt I will get it
It's a really cool concept though

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 15 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic