Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 163 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [at]
 Post subject: Re: Mario + Rabbids RPG Game
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:42 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Interesting.
Too bad I'm not interested in this kind of genre. The visual style looks pretty nice, though not as good as Odyssey.
I'm glad it's not just NSMB again, though.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:45 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It looks as good as I had hoped! I'm really glad it's not some boring or just downright really bad game. I still don't like the peach rabbid though... but the characters all look alive and expressive. I'm pretty sure that's the most expression we've seen from princess peach in a game that uses 3D character models.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:53 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Evil Yoshi Toes wrote:
It looks as good as I had hoped! I'm really glad it's not some boring or just downright really bad game. I still don't like the peach rabbid though... but the characters all look alive and expressive. I'm pretty sure that's the most expression we've seen from princess peach in a game that uses 3D character models.

i agree, the animations are really expressive and fun. i hope to see these kinds of animations in odyssey honestly

[au]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:22 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Those figures that were leaked, turns out they're NOT amiibo figures.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/06/12/check-out-16-photos-of-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-figures

Quote:
Ubisoft is releasing figurines for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, but they aren't amiibo.

The four figures are based on the Rabbid characters in the Nintendo Switch exclusive who dress up like Mario, Luigi, Peach and Yoshi. Each one costs $40 on the Ubisoft Store and is set to release in September.

Seems like a mistake to me. I guess they want to get the money for them rather than Nintendo getting a cut but I personally would never buy one fo these, let alone for $40US. It would be another story if they were a set of amiibo for the RPG game that did something unique or interesting within the game itself, but as it is I wouldn't want one of these on my shelf for no reason.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:14 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Link to Mario + Rabbids trailer

It looks pretty good I guess. I might get it, we'll see.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:00 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
There's a behind the scenes video HERE that shows off a bit more of the game and gives a bit more thought into why it exists and all that.

I must admit it's growing on me a lot despite the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the Xcom type of gameplay. It looks super charming and quirky and the video shows off a lot more of the actual non-battle elements of the game.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:33 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
I'm pretty surprised at this, as I've expected it to be of poor quality and riddled with ear rape sounds of "BAWWWHHS". The rabbids seem to be much more tamer than any previous incarnations , which is pretty good as I wasn't quite fond of their craziness.

The gameplay looks pretty fun and seems to have good amount of depth, nothing from what I expected. The gameplay looks similar to Xcom as like others have said, mixed with pseudo platforming elements, which sounds pretty interesting and fun. Likewise, I really like the animations in this game, they seem to be pretty quite expressive compared to other Mario games. I'm hoping that this will be the new animation style for the future games and Odyssey.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:38 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

New artwork of Rabbid Peach and Non-Rabbid Peach for "Selfie Day," which apparently exists Spoiler:

Peach seems to have more expression in this game than in what we have seen of odyssey, which is disappointing for odyssey, but hopefully that will change

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:00 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
To be fair, we haven't seen many situations with Peach in Odyssey in which she'd be showing any emotions aside from fear or worry.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:05 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Reviews are up.

And it's good!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/mario-+-rabbids-kingdom-battle?ref=hp

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:06 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Wow.

Looks like Gamerguy was right again.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:43 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Reading the beginning of this topic is a riot. People either flat out denying it exists or refusing to accept it, saying it's a really stupid idea.

Not only did it end up existing, but it's pretty fantastic and a blast to play.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:16 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Kritter wrote:
Reading the beginning of this topic is a riot. People either flat out denying it exists or refusing to accept it, saying it's a really stupid idea.

Have you gotten it? I'm wanting to buy it, but I also wanna save up for a new PC, so I'm probably going to wait for the holidays to get this (unless Odyssey is out by then, i don't remember the release date. Then I'd probably get Odyssey first)

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:08 pm 
I'll see you all at 3:15!
[*]
[*]
[*]
I dunno, the humor still kinda smacks me the wrong way (e.g. Peach Rabbid's selfie stuff and Luigi dabbing). Like the game's trying desperately to be "hip".

Evil Yoshi Toes wrote:
Have you gotten it? I'm wanting to buy it, but I also wanna save up for a new PC, so I'm probably going to wait for the holidays to get this (unless Odyssey is out by then, i don't remember the release date. Then I'd probably get Odyssey first)

Odyssey comes out Oct. 27th.

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:29 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

BullockDS wrote:
I dunno, the humor still kinda smacks me the wrong way (e.g. Peach Rabbid's selfie stuff and Luigi dabbing). Like the game's trying desperately to be "hip".

Odyssey comes out Oct. 27th.

Alright, thanks! :)
Also yeah, I do agree with you there. I think the game looks fun gameplay-wise but the humor doesn't really do much for me.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:56 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Evil Yoshi Toes wrote:
Kritter wrote:

Yeah I've been playing the first world and enjoying it a lot so far. I'm not that great at tactics games but so far there's a good learning curve.

BullockDS wrote:

The humour doesn't really bother me either, there's not really much of those kinds of things from what I can see. Those things are almost not noticeable since they happen mainly during the gameplay, in which you're usually too busy to care. The cutscenes in the game are well done though and have a good "cartoony" feel to them.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:12 pm 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I'm interested in the game but the only tactical turn based game I've ever played and loved was advance wars. Are these games at all similar?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:06 pm 
Lawful Evil
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
XCOM gameplay and Advance Wars gameplay are not similar in the slightest. They are both quite fast-paced by turn-based standards, though, so there's something.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:45 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Well they're similar in that they're grid based and you need to plan moves ahead and take into consideration the moves of the enemies etc. There's also strategy in thinking about which unit to move first etc.

I've never played Xcom and loved Advance Wars, and Mario + Rabbids seems to be ticking that itch.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:11 am 
Lawful Evil
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Kritter wrote:
Well they're similar in that they're grid based and you need to plan moves ahead and take into consideration the moves of the enemies etc. There's also strategy in thinking about which unit to move first etc.

That's a fairly general set of "TBS" traits. Civilization could be described in the same manner, and I wouldn't compare Civilization with either Advance Wars or XCOM.

I've not played Marabbids and have played XCOM, and I will say that Marabbids could be better than XCOM. XCOM has a fairly extreme over-reliance on luck to propel its difficulty, and the randomized nature of the game ensures that a proper difficulty curve is unlikely. I suspect that a linear, less 'hardcore' approach to the formula is far more fun to play.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 163 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic