Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next  [ 163 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Mario + Rabbids RPG Game
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:19 pm 
[*]
Take a step back, people. We live in a world with games like Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Kingdom Hearts, Fortune Street, Pokemon Conquest, Hyrule Warriors and Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition. We take the weirdness of these games for granted so I'm pretty certain Mario + Rabbids RPG will be a real thing.

Vertette wrote:
Again this stupid rumour? It sounds about as real as Laura Dale's other predictions, like a 3D Mario, Splatoon port, Skyrim and this stupid idea coming for the Switch's launch on March 17th, with BotW following in the summer and Mother 3 getting a Western release on VC. Oh yeah none of that happened.

The difference here is that all of those things you mentioned make sense. They're what the fans want and historically, Nintendo has usually ignored us. Especially westerners who practically don't exist on Nintendo's radar. But a Mario + Rabbids RPG is something nobody wanted. Nintendo is unpredictable and will go to incredible lengths to keep us on our toes. I think Arlo put it well in his reaction to Super Mario Run:

"It seems like it could just be a long series of coincidences, but sometimes I think those guys sit around their table and just spend endless hours plotting how best to mess with our minds."

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:39 am 
Marle's my waifu
[*]
[*]
[*]
All anyone has seen of the game are "leaked" art assets, right? It's not like those can't be easily faked, remember the whole Ray Man in Smash thing?

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:21 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Yes but there's already more signs that could point to this being a thing, anyone remember this from the Ubisoft 30th Anniversary video?

It's hardly proof of anything but it somewhat backs up the idea of Rabbids wearing Mario outfits and so on. Also places like GameXPlain are backing up the fact that it's a real thing, so it's not just a single source.

I say just wait until E3 though, maybe we're all wrong.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:10 pm 
[*]
Vertette wrote:
All anyone has seen of the game are "leaked" art assets, right? It's not like those can't be easily faked, remember the whole Ray Man in Smash thing?

Where are these "leaked" art assets you're talking about? The only outlet that has obtained anything is that Kotaku article OP shared. At the top is an image with the blatant caption "Not real art from Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. This is in fact a Photoshop by Kotaku’s Riley MacLeod. Rabbids image via Wikia. Mario image via Wikipedia." Kotaku has been a good sport and refrained from leaking anything they were given.

Of course, they could be blatantly lying but that seems unlikely. Up to this point the only people who have been wrong are a) News outlets speculating instead of giving promises and b) fans faking art assets. If Kotaku were lying in this instance it would be a first and I doubt anyone could've seen that coming.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:59 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Not lying, just falling for well-made mock-ups.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:22 pm 
[*]
Ohohoho, how sinister. :laugh:

But in all due seriousness, they've made contact with Nintendo in the past so I doubt they'd accept art assets from some random Joe's email. I imagine theses assets were given to them by Nintendo so Kotaku could have dibs on writing the first article. Kinda like how Nintendo hands out review copies of games prior to release.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:04 pm 
Marle's my waifu
[*]
[*]
[*]
DragonDePlatino wrote:
Where are these "leaked" art assets you're talking about?

In the hands of Kotaku like they said in their article? That's apparently all they've seen of the game which they refuse to share, because apparently Kotaku now has integrity.

DragonDePlatino wrote:
I imagine theses assets were given to them by Nintendo so Kotaku could have dibs on writing the first article. Kinda like how Nintendo hands out review copies of games prior to release.

Yeah I doubt that even harder. Nintendo and video game journalists don't have a very good relationship.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:38 pm 
I'll see you all at 3:15!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Vertette wrote:
DragonDePlatino wrote:
Where are these "leaked" art assets you're talking about?

In the hands of Kotaku like they said in their article? That's apparently all they've seen of the game which they refuse to share, because apparently Kotaku now has integrity.

When it's two or more degrees of rumor ("I totally saw these art assets, which are totally proof of this game"), I start to get suspicious. And, I'll admit it: this is a game I really, really don't want to see happen. Rabbids is one of the most reviled game franchises in recent memory, so for Nintendo's star franchise to cross over with that is a perplexing move.

Not gonna lie: I'm now pretty cautious for Nintendo's E3.

Vertette wrote:
DragonDePlatino wrote:
I imagine theses assets were given to them by Nintendo so Kotaku could have dibs on writing the first article. Kinda like how Nintendo hands out review copies of games prior to release.

Yeah I doubt that even harder. Nintendo and video game journalists don't have a very good relationship.

Double that with Kotaku having previously been blacklisted by Ubisoft (who are relevant in anything regarding Rayman/Rabbids), and that gives Kotaku a snowball's chance in hell of getting official early access to materials.

[au]
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:39 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Obviously the assets weren't provided officially by Ubisoft or else other publications would've gotten their hands on it too. Also, according to the article, the source asked them not to share the images. Dunno why some people are so adament that this doesn't exist, how is it such a stretch?

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:36 pm 
[*]
People refuse to say this is real because it means admitting that we are now living in a dystopian alternate reality where Nintendo killed off partner-based Paper Mario and gave us a Mario/Rabbids crossover instead. :(

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:53 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
i mean if it's real then that means that nintendo is lightening up on third party use of their characters. which is great!

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:06 pm 
[*]
I agree! That's a much better way of looking at it. This and games like Hyrule Warriors gives me hope that Nintendo is finally putting nightmares like the CD-i games behind them.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:23 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Why is everyone is believing this tranny? His fake leaks and safe predictions were disproven by some anon from 4chan just before the Switch presentation. Anniversary pic with the Mario characters skin on Rabbids bodies is more likely to be an representation of Ubisoft's development on Nintendo systems, or could be just a random fan thing. If it was confirmed, then there would be answers from that.

But it's more likely to be there just for the shock value to add "credibility" to the leak as Nintendo has done really stupid and unpredictable stuff in the past. And Kotaku is most likely to be just reposting the same article for the sake of ad money in a slow news day. In fact, Kotaku is not an reputable news source as the often post fake crap and SJW crap on their front page. I never give Kotaku a hoot.

[au]
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:33 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Gonna laugh if this is all proven true due to the amount of people who are getting so worked up about the idea of a Rabbids X Mario game.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:42 am 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
i've literally never understood people getting mad at people for believing rumors.

as someone who's picked up every single mother 3 localization rumor that's made rounds over the past 5 years, i've never been devastated when i find out that it's not happening or it's not real because i can't honest to god cling to rumors. i don't think anyone does. but it's fun to take them for a ride and see where they go.

like, the entire development of smash 4 was a rumor flood and seeing things be truthed and debunked left and right. i remember when the title screen of the 3DS game got leaked with dr mario and a bunch of other characters that were in the final game and nobody thought it was legit.

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:22 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Is it real? I don't know. The evidence supporting this game's existence is kind of shaky, but we'll see.

Will it be good? I don't know either. I know basically nothing about the Rabbids series, but I know enough to say that this is one of the most off-the-wall game concepts ever associated with a Nintendo franchise. However, Nintendo doesn't make horrible games, and if the thing actually exists, I say give it a chance.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:14 pm 
[*]
Psid wrote:
Why is everyone is believing this tranny? His fake leaks and safe predictions were disproven by some anon from 4chan just before the Switch presentation.

What does any of this have to do with "trannies" and "SJWs"? It's one thing to attack the credibility and sensationalism of Kotaku (which I can completely understand) but talking about their progressiveness is irrelevant. It feels like more of an ad hominem attack than a valid argument. :nope:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:36 pm 
hell
Psid wrote:
Why is everyone is believing this tranny? His fake leaks and safe predictions were disproven by some anon from 4chan just before the Switch presentation.

wow the transphobic vitriol surrounding laura kate is as obnoxious as ever i see

either way, this isn't just some random rumor perpetrated by her. there's multiple people who've reported on mario x rabbids being a thing at this point, including both liam robertson and emily rogers. not that that proves anything of course, but to claim that this rumor is baseless seems a little dumb at this point, especially when it's coming from multiple different sources

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:21 pm 
A little creative idiot.
[*]
To be honest, this is one of the most stupidest rumors I have ever heard. A FPS engine for a RPG game? I doubt this is real! (if this is, I'll make an apology)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:01 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Pixelation wrote:
A FPS engine for a RPG game? I doubt this is real!

this isn't how game engines in the triple-A industry work.

the engine being used was also used for the recent south park games, which are RPGs, and the engine itself is most like designed for graphical efficiency and resolution rather than just a gameplay style. other engines do the same, such as the hedgehog engine, used in most recent sonic titles, which is designed to allow the high speed gameplay to process cleanly with as little frame dips as possible.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next  [ 163 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic