[ 11 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [zz]
 Post subject: So how long will production for the Wii last?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:13 am 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I've been thinking about buying the Wii, but I've also been wondering how many years has it got in front of it as of now. Why hasn't it been discontinued yet? Is it supposed to even last the whole Switch's lifespan? I haven't heard of any games being released for it in more than a year.

Well, I don't know. But if there's something that should last from the Wii era, it's this:

EDIT: What I meant to say was "For how many years will production of Wii units continue?"

EDIT 2: Also, removed the poll because people misunderstood what I was trying to ask here.

Last edited by Mr. Saltman on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
 Post subject: Re: So how long will the Wii last?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:00 am 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It lasts as long as it doesn't break.

Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:28 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

What do you mean by "last"?

The Wii hardware itself should last indefinitely. If it breaks on you soon, that would be disappointing.

If you mean, are they still manufacturing Wiis? Probably not, since they aren't even manufacturing the Wii U anymore. Making the Wii still would interfere with their ability to make money on newer stuff, and also just disappoint people who buy it and find out nobody sells the games anymore.

If you mean the Wii Shop Channel, geez uhh, any day now it could be taken down, theoretically. I'm shocked it's still up. Mow all the lawns you can so you can buy every game you wanna buy before it's gone haha.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:42 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I voted for the -1 joke answer, and somehow I am not surprised 3 other people did as well.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
 Post subject: Re: So how long will productiion for the wii last?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:29 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Oops. What I'm really trying to ask here is: "How long will production of the Wii last before Nintendo decides to discontinue it?"

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: So how long will production for the Wii last?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:42 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
im pretty sure it's already been discontinued for some years now

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:44 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Well, the original model has been discontinued, yes. But the Wii Family Edition and the Wii Mini are still being produced here in the Americas, and I'm really tempted to buy the family one, as it costs only 100 bucks. The thing is that I don't know if I should buy it, since it's pretty old and I haven't seen any new games coming for it in quite a while. That's why I'm asking when will Nintendo shut down production of Wii units.

Last edited by Mr. Saltman on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:17 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Quote:
EDIT 2: Also, removed the poll because people misunderstood what I was trying to ask here.

You have upset forces the like of which you cannot even comprehend.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:25 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Doodleman wrote:
The thing is that I don't know if I should buy it, since it's pretty old and I haven't seen any new games coming for it in quite a while.

The Wii is probably only gonna see titles like Just Dance in the future (if at all)

There are plenty of good Wii games but you'll probably end up having to get them second-hand, and they'll probably be a little expensive since most of them are big company titles (and some, like Xenoblade or Prime Trilogy, priced at just plain extortion).

Honestly a Wii U would give you more value.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:14 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Doodleman wrote:
The Wii Family Edition and the Wii Mini are still being produced here in the Americas, and I'm really tempted to buy the family one, as it costs only 100 bucks..

Both of these are incompatible with Gamecube games. If you get a Wii from its original run, you get Gamecube compatibility built in; meaning you get access to another library of games without buying an actual Gamecube. The most you'd need to get it a good memory card and a controller or two.

So, I'd say getting an original Wii secondhand would be more worth your money. Though technically, if you wanted, you could run Gamecube games on a Wii U by installing Nintendont on the "Wii side", completely uneffecting the Wii U side. The only issues with Nintendont is incompatibility with certain games, and you can't actually use Gamecube discs if you're running it on a Wii U.

[gb]
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:30 pm 
Just cooking food for my Yoshi.
[*]
[*]
You'd have to resort to eBay or Amazon to get a Wii. Besides, the original Wii can play GameCube games! I don't think they make those anymore. I have to agree with LM9 (aka Kirby's Adventure) on this one.

If I were to give you a rating, it would be -1 out of 10.
Don't forget!
scaled image

mfgg is bad i hate it cuz meiro is totes terre sonac IS betar!!

My Gaming forum, called "The Gamer's Castle"!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 11 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic