[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
How many of the classic Super Mario titles actually had the green hills with eyes? SMB3 is the only one that comes to mind. That said, I think they could have met in the middle with this. I personally prefer the colored hills as it gives more variety with the BGs, but I think they should have kept the eyes.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga DX
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:16 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
Hm, if they must keep the colored hills, why not give them a more uniform palette that matches the general palette of the world (i.e. shades of green and blue for the first world)? I think that's a decent compromise (and eye would be appreciated, of course).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:31 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
They sort of already do that, the only exception seems to be the first world in general which uses a general rainbow theme if I'm not mistaken (In NSMBWii that is, I don't recall what the other games did). That said, I agree that different shades of green for the first world would be a good idea. All things considered though, I still appreciate that they've given the Mushroom Kingdom elements that make it more easily identifiable, it gives the different locations more of a distinct feel. It really shows more in Mario Odyssey where each kindgom really pops out as it's own place.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:41 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I can't believe we're talking about hills. HILLS.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:39 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I have no problem with the changes made to the remake. If I want to play it closer to the original, I'll just play the original. I'm just glad they're going back to the beginning and seeing what they've been missing on using. Joke's End was one of my favourite dungeons in the entire series just because of the challenge they impose, and forcing you to play what is essentially two different dungeons running concurrent to each other. By removing the "splitting the Bros apart" mechanic they limited themselves in what they could do new with Mario and Luigi.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:34 am 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
You raise a point! Partners in Time had a similar mechanic, but the only other game that made good use out of both Bros. was Dream Team. Even then, Luigi is only playable by himself during a couple of occasions over the course of the entire series after Superstar Saga. Honestly, AplhaDream would benefit from making Luigi behave like himself from the first game instead of an over-glorified partner from the first two Paper Mario games.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:21 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
So I'm curious, is there anything you guys want added into this game? I personally want either a boss rush, which I feel is almost guaranteed, or a new, possibly secret boss. Then again, if the last few games are anything to go on, if they do add a boss rush, it will most likely be followed up with a secret boss at the end, which I'd be cool with, although idk what said boss would be, as all the secret bosses have been some form of Bowser (X, Jr, Dry).

Also, I can't wait to hear Popple's updated theme.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 pm 
Lawful Evil
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'd like some event flags to be made a bit more clear (the bridge finishing in Hoohoo Mountain, for example). I don't remember any of the bosses (outside of each of the Cackletta fights) having 'panic' attack patterns, so that would make for a nice addition. Dream Team's badge system was pretty fun, too, so I'd like to see something like that introduced.

Oh, and a proper NG+ would be nice. If they're going to bother with a level system for the enemies, make those levels tweakable. I'd like an excuse to take advantage of all the methods SSS has to break the game.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:17 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Oh, know what else would be cool? If they implemented the cameos planned in the original game. For those who don't know, you were supposed to meet a number of Nintendo characters in the coffee shop whenever you brewed a new type of coffee, instead of just E. Gadd.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 89 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic