[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]

So it looks just like Generations so far. I'm curious what the promised third component is gonna be like. The visuals are definitely nice. The art style is a bit weird, given how the grassy areas are as stylized as Lost World while the city looks much more realistic.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Sonic Forces
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:53 am 
SnoPINGAS usually Icee
[*]
[*]
Confirmed things:
*Three Gameplay Styles
*Main cast are Side Characters (AGAIN!)
*2D Classic Sonic
*New Character

GOTTA GO FAST IN SONIC THE WEBSITE!
CHECK OUT MY OTHER ACCOUNTS!

Deviantart: TheVideoGameFanatic2234 http://thatgamerguy2234.deviantart.com

Furaffinity: ThatGamerGuy2234 http://www.furaffinity.net/user/thatgamerguy2234

InkBunny: ThatGamerGuy2234 https://inkbunny.net/ThatGamerguy2234

Spongebob Community: Spemgeburb https://www.thesbcommunity.com/profile/3722-spemgeburb/

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:14 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Looks decent. Seems like the Boost Style plays as it always did, which ain't necessarily a bad thing. The visuals are great, but Sega's usually pretty good on that front anyway. It's probably PC footage (since that will always look the best), so I'm wondering how good the Switch version will look. Though as long as it runs at a rock-solid 60FPS, it can look like a Nintendo 64 game for all I care.

Since Classic Sonic will no doubt play in the Classic Style, it makes me wonder what this mysterious "Third Style" will be. Considering Boom Sonic is pretty prominent on the YouTube Channel's banner, I've a feeling it'll either be that - a version of Sonic more heavily focused on combat and traditional 3D platforming - or they might actually bring back something like the Dreamcast days, which I dunno how they'd differentiate that Sonic from Modern except by giving him the Soap shoes.

Had a listen to the main theme. It's pretty good, getting real upbeat and catchy and then ending on a dark, melancholy mood. I also quite like the music heard during the (incredibly short) gameplay segment we got, so yeah, at least the soundtrack will be awesome.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:16 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Zero Kirby wrote:
at least the soundtrack will be awesome.

was that ever a doubt though? even 06 had a pretty great soundtrack

if there's one thing sega always delivers on, it's the music

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:30 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I saw a wisp? Ugh. I get that they were unique in Colours, completely pointless in Lost World, I wish they would just let it go and come up with a new idea. Also red coins, boosts everywhere, rollercoaster ride type gameplay with homing attacks and everything else, honestly nothing to say about this game at this point, it just looks like Sonic Generations / Colours with a fresh coat of paint.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:37 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
everyone is mad but im pretty excited because generations was a good game and sonic needs to define a formula for himself and stop resetting every other game

[au]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:04 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Run and platform through levels is the Sonic Formula. Wisps were a gimmick that should've been confined to one or two games at best. If they want powerups, bring back item boxes with some interesting shields. Come up with new ideas to enhance the Sonic Formula instead of relying on the one idea that people found interesting that one time.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:05 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Mit wrote:
everyone is mad but im pretty excited because generations was a good game and sonic needs to define a formula for himself and stop resetting every other game

yea, exactly

sonic team has this habit of doing some new thing every game and it's barely there and i didn't like lost world can you tell

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:19 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Kritter wrote:
Run and platform through levels is the Sonic Formula. Wisps were a gimmick that should've been confined to one or two games at best. If they want powerups, bring back item boxes with some interesting shields. Come up with new ideas to enhance the Sonic Formula instead of relying on the one idea that people found interesting that one time.

literally all you saw was the white wisp which refills your boost meter

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:32 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Kritter wrote:

Isn't that what the item boxes with interesting shields were

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:47 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
to be fair i will agree that the wisps are much more contextually in relevancy despite how they're used. i'd prefer capsules because they're much more generic and multipurpose, but i really do not care. at all. the game looks good and i really don't care about superficial things like this.

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:48 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Maina looks better than this, honestly. Probably because the Director of Sonic 06 is in. and the fact that they're still doing gimmicks rather than sticking to one that works the best (Classic).

Heck, Sonic Mania is done by actual devs who know how Sonic works. Sonic Team is just made up by devs who have no idea what Sonic really is.

Still, I'm loving the fact that they brought back the Classic look for badniks, especially the Egg Pawns.

[tr]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:57 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I liked what I saw a lot. The gameplay in general feels much smoother than what Generations had, and while the level design looks very similar to Unleashed's, it's not fair to assume the whole game would have levels like that, since this is just the first 30 seconds of the first level.

And for Wisps, I don't have any problems with them returning as a way to gain boost, assuming there will be more of them compared to Colors. I wouldn't want to see them return as powerups though, I just don't think they would be fitting at all.

[at]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:41 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The wisps made sense in Colors, and were especially cool because they were just alternate means of traversing the levels to collect hidden goodies and weren't required. In Lost World they felt really forced in and gimmicky (plus they weren't fun to use).

Here... it honestly feels like a placeholder. In the footage it looked liked they had no texture, and I also didn't notice a wisp coming out of the capsule and fly into Sonic like in Colors. I hope they replace it too because I can't see them making sense with the story they've shown so far.

Also, the third component isn't Boom Sonic or any other Sonic - afaik they confirmed it'd be an all new character.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:46 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
The wisps made sense in Colors, and were especially cool because they were just alternate means of traversing the levels to collect hidden goodies and weren't required. In Lost World they felt really forced in and gimmicky (plus they weren't fun to use).

Here... it honestly feels like a placeholder. In the footage it looked liked they had no texture, and I also didn't notice a wisp coming out of the capsule and fly into Sonic like in Colors. I hope they replace it too because I can't see them making sense with the story they've shown so far.

Also, the third component isn't Boom Sonic or any other Sonic - afaik they confirmed it'd be an all new character.

Also I don't want to pick up a Wisp and hear the music interrupted with BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM ever again.

Also more new characters in a Sonic game? Whyyyyyy?

My fear is that they're going to try too hard with the storyline again. Sonic Colours was great because it was "Sonic, that dastardly Dr. Eggman is up to no good, better get up there and stop him!".

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:50 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Kritter wrote:
My fear is that they're going to try too hard with the storyline again. Sonic Colours was great because it was "Sonic, that dastardly Dr. Eggman is up to no good, better get up there and stop him!".

i'd tell you what they confirmed at the panel but i have a hunch you'd take it as not what you want so i'll spare you the details, though i will say i'm getting tired of sonic games having literally no plot in fear of one having consequence and i'd rather have a "tryhard plot" than "Haha it Funny He Say Baldy Mcnosehair!" for the third time in a row

on a vaguely related note more than ever before my brain is outright blocking some of the negativity aimed at this game when all we've seen of it is like, 45 seconds. i don't have the capacity to go through this whole "sonic is dead" shtick all over again. the entire point of mania is so these people would shut up and let sonic have another 3D game alongside a 2D game

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:12 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Kritter wrote:
DJ Coco wrote:

Also I don't want to pick up a Wisp and hear the music interrupted with BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM ever again.

Also more new characters in a Sonic game? Whyyyyyy?

You do know you don't have to play the new game, and can go back to playing Sonic Colours any time you want, right?

I mean, your posts to me simply seem to be wanting the series to never change and be like it always has. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:59 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
That's a poor black and white comment that you could say to anyone who has criticism of anything.

"I don't like how Mario 3D World has a top down view"
"Well don't play it!"
"I don't like that you gave me a warning for my comment on MFGG"
"Don't post here then!"

Criticism of an upcoming game isn't a bad thing. For example, I was disappointed in Smash 4's "Classic Mode" on the Wii U

"Go back to Melee then!"

But I enjoy the game.

"......"

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:11 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Criticism isn't a bad thing but it is literally 45 seconds of footage that looks exactly like Generations, and the criticism is pretty much "don't change things, don't evolve"

I mean if you don't want the games to change that's cool but then how will they ever be interesting or improve?

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:34 pm 
Great Time Champion
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It's looking pretty rad to me so far. While I was one of the few people (seemingly) who actually rather liked Lost World, I am by no means against a Generations 2, directly or otherwise.

I'm willing to bet the third gameplay style will either be Adventure Sonic, Lost World Sonic or Boom Sonic.

Image | Image | Image | Image
Profiles
Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 120 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic