[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem_Heroes
https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/

Seems Nintendo released another mobile game thingy today. Has anyone tried it yet? It seems interesting, although my low-end smart phone is probably not going to like it very much.

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
 Post subject: Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:29 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I've played it for a few hours and I like it. It's a pretty typical gacha-type-of-deal with FE-lite gameplay. The premium currency system is pretty fair since you can earn Orbs by playing the game and logging in regularly. I haven't spent a single euro and I have an almost fully upgraded castle after only three story chapters. This also means that I haven't summoned as many heroes as I could have, but I'll manage for now. My 5-star Robin will carry my team for me.

Oh, and all players should definitely link their Nintendo Account and redeem their 10 free Orbs from My Nintendo. They help a lot.

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:39 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I played it a fair amount today. I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the gameplay, graphics, and music. There were a few technical hiccups (it took me a few tries to get past the glitch where it hangs at 89% while downloading), but the game is far more stable and less frustrating than Pokemon Go.

I agree that upgrading your castle is a bigger priority than summoning new heroes. Maybe things will change later on, but you don't need a huge variety of characters to get ahead. I scored a four-star (girl) Corrin, and she's been pretty potent thus far.

User page at mfgg.net

[mx]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:47 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It's a pretty good game that got me hooked.

[11:11:51 PM] Stacks-of-Phone: Gato will eventually ascend, his consciousness transferred to hard disk
[11:12:00 PM] Stacks-of-Phone: he lives the rest of his life, a live2D facerig

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:49 pm 
Obscure MFGGer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Really liking it so far. Pretty stoked I got a 5-star Camilla on my 4th summon.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:22 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I've still yet to snag a five-star hero. I've gotten a bunch of good four-star heroes like Marth and Corrin, but Lady Luck hasn't exactly been on my side (and I didn't bother with the rerolling thing). Promoting my Corrin to 5* is going to take a little while, even with the 10,000-feather bonus.

Regardless, it's been fun. It's a nice break from Team Project Wonderland, too.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:22 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I beat the main quest on Hard difficulty on Friday. The final episode wasn't anything scary on Normal difficulty, but on Hard mode it is indeed fairly challenging - at least for a mobile game. It'll be interesting to see if playing the game on Lunatic difficulty causes me to forfeit my remaining sanity, although so far it isn't anywhere close to Thracia 776 levels of madness. In arena battles I've beaten teams of all Level 40 characters despite not having any characters hit Level 40 yet.

I've gotten only three 5* characters - Nowi, Julia (twice), and Lyn. A lot of my 4* characters have passed Level 20, but gathering enough Feathers to upgrade them to 5* is going to be about as easy as the Jaguars winning the Super Bowl. Not impossible, but improbable - especially when I've already spent some to upgrade certain weaker characters.

Last edited by VinnyVideo on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name fix

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:49 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'm currently struggling with 9-2 on Lunatic. I simply can't beat it with my main team. Level 40 armored units are the worst.

I've rolled four 5* units so far. Robin (M), Lucina, Roy and Seliph. The former two are level 40.

Oh yes, gathering feathers is very time-consuming. You get such a small amount of them from the arena and I don't want to send any units home. Unless there's another 10K feather giveaway it'll take weeks before I can promote one 4* to 5*.

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:32 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Robin should take care of those armored units though

Also my 5* chars are Lyn, Lucina, Linde, Takumi, and Leo.

I got a pretty good pull that day

EDIT: Add Azura to that list.
EDIT 2: Ryoma has joined the party. Not a minute later.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:53 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Fire Emblem Heroes has managed to hold my attention for most of the past two months. Nintendo and Intelligent Systems have done a good job of pushing out new quests and missions to encourage players to stick around.

I've finally hit the global rankings for Battle Arenas. While being around 70,000th place isn't much to brag about, at least I'm able to keep pace with the people who spend crazy amounts of time and money trying to get the "perfect" team.

Unfortunately, last month I lost my original save file thanks to a mandatory update preventing me from playing without dumping my cache (from Android settings, not from the game itself, since said update kept me from even going to the title screen to empty the cache without killing my save file). Then again, maybe I shouldn't have been trying to play on my 8-GB phone - and I probably could've copied the save if I'd been more careful.

I kind of miss my old Julia-Nowi-Lyn-Eirika-Minerva team, but it didn't take long to get back up to speed with a new team. This new team includes a Rebecca, which makes it infinitely better, since archers are cool, and Rebecca is the bestest Fire Emblem archer ever. If only evasion was part of this game like it was in Fire Emblem GBA. (Since evasion is not part of FEH, Takumi and Klein are probably better choices than Rebecca for arrow-shooting people, but King RNG hasn't bestowed them upon me.)

Summoning characters is kind of iffy. I scored two 5* characters on back-to-back summoning runs at one point, but I've also struck out a lot with piles of 3* characters I already have. Then again, that's probability being probability, and the deviations tend to balance out after a while.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:01 am 
son of Xereus
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I still play. I have a small team around around level 35. Leveling has completely plateaued for me at this point. The "training" section is kind of a joke, you'll get like 1 or 2 experience points in fights versus people of the same level, it's kind of inane. I mostly play now when I see my niece. She's only 5, but she's picked up the game pretty well.

I did get quite lucky and my very first summon was a 5 star Roy, so that was pretty sweet. 3 star characters are almost useless.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:42 am 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It's pretty cool that your niece is becoming a Fire Emblem fan. Leveling up takes a little while once you get beyond Level 20 or so, but it shouldn't take too long. Several of my original 5* characters reached Level 40 just by playing through Story Mode on Lunatic. If you're getting just 1 XP from beating opponents of equal or higher level, you probably need to spend a few Orbs to upgrade your castle. When you do that, you'll receive more XP from each battle.

And yeah, 3* characters aren't particularly useful, especially in Arena Battles. I wouldn't waste my time trying to level them up unless you get one that's especially good.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:14 am 
son of Xereus
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I have a castle?! lol

I save my orbs, because my niece loves summoning new characters. I didn't even know there was another use for them (aside from extending failed battles).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

There's a few different ways you can use Orbs. Obviously, the most common - and most fun - way to use them is to summon new characters. However, you can also use them to make your castle look fancier - which also increases the XP you earn. There's an increasing marginal cost of castle upgrades, but even if you buy a couple of upgrades, you should notice an improvement. Getting to Level 40 will be quite a painful process if you don't invest in some castle upgrades.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:14 am 
son of Xereus
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Yeah, thanks for the tips. I started upgrading my Castle on Wednesday at Family Dinner Night with my niece. She was sad that we were spending precious orbs... :P

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:04 am 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Yeah, it's hard to let those Orbs go! You'll need to buy a few castle upgrades if you want to reach Level 40, though. Your characters need that plush carpeting and fancy-pants lighting to be at their best!

Also, the latest Summoning Focus is pretty sweet. I just scored a Ryoma.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:42 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

As expected, my Ryoma has proven to be awesome.

Battle Gauntlet mode is what happens when teachers randomly assign partners for team projects - except every team consists of you, Corrin-M, and another random swordsman, at least if you chose Leo's team. Not that I'm complaining - I usually use Nowi for these, and Nowi complements them nicely.

I've finally reached tier 12 in Battle Arena. Winning in advanced difficulty has become pretty easy for me, but I have a feeling that things will start getting tough soon.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:19 am 
son of Xereus
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Leveling slowly to 40 now that my castle is upgraded.

Any other pro tips? :P

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:35 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

This is probably obvious, but when you're deciding which characters to level up, be sure to develop a variety of characters. You want to have a mix of red, blue, green, and colorless units, with both physical attackers and magic users. Without a well-balanced team, you'll have a hard time against certain types of enemies - in particular, if you don't have a good mage, the generic armored enemies on the later Story Mode maps can be difficult or even impossible to defeat. Similarly, having a strong archer or two is super-helpful on maps with flyers, who are weak against arrows. A healer is nice to have, too.

Something that's less obvious when deciding which characters to promote is that all summoned characters have IVs (Individual Values), similar to Natures in the Pokemon games. Each character will usually have a "boon" (a stat that's above average) and a "bane" (a stat that's weaker than the base stats). Some boon/bane combinations are better than others for certain characters. A high Defense stat wouldn't be particularly helpful for an archer, who should normally be kept away from melee attackers. However, having higher Attack or Speed would be advantageous. Boon/bane isn't directly visible, but it can be calculated. You probably don't want to spend 20,000 Feathers to promote someone from 4* or 5* unless the unit has a favorable set of IVs. Note that characters who aren't summoned (the characters you get at the beginning of the game, or from the Grand Hero Battles) all have neutral IVs.

If you summon a character you already have, don't immediately send them home in exchange for Feathers. You can use the Inherit Skill feature to "donate" skills to one of your stronger units. Donor characters will disappear after transferring a skill, though, so don't donate skills if you want to keep that character. Inherit Skill is the only way characters can have skills in every slot, and it gives you a lot more control over character customization.

Always participate in the Battle Gauntlet and Battle Arena events for each season. Even if you don't earn a world-class score, these events are still an excellent opportunity to score Feathers (and now, in the case of Battle Arena mode, Orbs).

I ended up writing a lot more than I expected. Other people who have their doctorates in Fire Emblem Strategy can probably tell you much more, but these tips might help.

Last edited by VinnyVideo on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed a small boo-boo regarding boons and banes.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:18 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Anyone still playing Fire Emblem Heroes? I've been pleasantly surprised by the amount of new content - new characters, maps, events, and modes of play - that Nintendo and Intelligent Systems keep pushing out. I've also been happy to see representation from just about every Fire Emblem game - I wasn't expecting Heroes to acknowledge the existence of Thracia 776!

We shall see how determined I am to reach Level 20 in Battle Arena. At Level 17, I'm getting pretty close. I'm not at the point where I can always get a perfect run on the highest difficulty level - which is necessary if you want to hit Level 20.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 25 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic