Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 67 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, A addon being pushed as a game
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:33 am 
[*]
Willsaber wrote:
Mario Kart 7 had golden kart pieces as the ultimate unlockable, and Mario Kart 8 has them too. Having a golden character is FITTING. This is a good feature.

It would been fine if it was only that character. But there's already 4 literal Mario clones, which makes it baffling. Does Nintendo have a very specific fetish for recoloured Marios?

I really wish that Nintendo would make a skin system for literal clones as like Yoshi and Shy Guy skins.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:28 am 
SnoPINGAS usually Icee
[*]
[*]
Willsaber wrote:
Mario Kart 7 had golden kart pieces as the ultimate unlockable, and Mario Kart 8 has them too. Having a golden character is FITTING. This is a good feature.

No, it's not.

GOTTA GO FAST IN SONIC THE WEBSITE!
CHECK OUT MY OTHER ACCOUNTS!

Deviantart: TheVideoGameFanatic2234 http://thatgamerguy2234.deviantart.com

Furaffinity: ThatGamerGuy2234 http://www.furaffinity.net/user/thatgamerguy2234

InkBunny: ThatGamerGuy2234 https://inkbunny.net/ThatGamerguy2234

Spongebob Community: Spemgeburb https://www.thesbcommunity.com/profile/3722-spemgeburb/

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:29 am 
Jammin' with Luigi and Tails
[*]
[*]
[*]
I really wonder why they added Gold Mario, but I know the only answer will be to pad out the roster a little more. *sigh* Why couldn't they have replaced some of the useless filler characters with other characters since they have so much time to add these recolors?

In other news, five battle modes. They're really making an effort to perfect Battle Mode after their immense screw-up back in 2014. I like-y.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:20 pm 
Marle's my waifu
[*]
[*]
[*]
Here I am thinking about how cool playing MK8 on the go is or how fun the new Cops and Robbers mode will be, but meanwhile in this thread

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:21 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

When will Tatanga be in Mario kart? Or wart?

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:26 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
i like how people call the other marios "clones" when they have actual different stats from eachother.

on a related note i can't see gold mario being any different stat-wise from metal mario so i'd assume he will be a skin for metal mario. if not it really doesn't matter, if you don't like him don't play as him.

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:45 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
i personally just do not see the point of yet another mario in the game, it seems wholly redundant and it's almost a trademark of mario kart at this point to have a lot of redundant characters

it's not a detraction from the game, but i just fail to see how it's doing anything good for it either

also i never got the argument "don't like them? don't play as them" or its many many variations, like yeah if i ever get the game believe me i probably won't play as gold mario, but it's more about the fact that they're doing this at all that is absurd, even for mario kart's roster standards (it didn't have very good ones to begin with is what i'm saying)

complaining about complaining is still complaining :confused:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:51 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I wouldn't be against Gold Mario if more characters had outfit options. I mean who wouldn't want to play as Wario Ware Wario? Or Dr Mario? Or Mr L? Personally, Nintendo keeps dropping the ball on outfits and such in their games, Smash Bros would've been great with more characters with alternate costumes.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:57 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
i agree that i'd love dr. mario or other kinds of outfits, but in the bigger picture there are people who enjoy playing as these characters. they're very few and far between, but characters like pink gold peach and baby rosalina do serve at least some purpose in the grand scheme of things. and by now metal mario's got his own decent following which i don't think anyone would've expected.

would i take them over legacy characters like diddy and birdo? no. but they're new characters regardless and by extension options for people who want them. even with that being said we don't know if this is the entire roster or not considering in the one screenshot we've seen of the character roster, there's one space for a hidden character but neither miis nor gold mario were there. so unless gold mario is a skin for metal mario, we could be looking at another row of characters.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:33 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
FieryExplosion wrote:
I really wonder why they added Gold Mario, but I know the only answer will be to pad out the roster a little more.

That's the same argument that people used against Dark Pit back in the day, and it is no more valid than it was back then. If Dark Pit/Gold Mario wasn't in their game, there wouldn't be a different character in their place. The point isn't to pad out the roster, it's to give the player an option to play as this somewhat popular character. Dark Pit/Gold Mario are cool to many people. Whether or not they are clones is irrelevant.

I can definitely understand why some folks want Gold Mario as an alternate costume instead of a dedicated character, though.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:30 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Nintendo showed footage of the Battle Modes (that Renegade Roundup mode looks quite interesting to me):

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:47 pm 
son of Xereus
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Hopefully the new game will gets lots of DLC in the way Smash Bros has.

These games should really be platforms nowadays.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:23 pm 
¿
Good At French
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I had the original Mario Kart 8 and when my cousin came over it mysteriously stopped working. :(

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:08 am 
Marle's my waifu
[*]
[*]
[*]
I now have MK8DX

It's good. No surprise.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 am 
SnoPINGAS usually Icee
[*]
[*]
I WAS mad about MK8DX, but tbh...there IS enough features to make it it's own game.

GOTTA GO FAST IN SONIC THE WEBSITE!
CHECK OUT MY OTHER ACCOUNTS!

Deviantart: TheVideoGameFanatic2234 http://thatgamerguy2234.deviantart.com

Furaffinity: ThatGamerGuy2234 http://www.furaffinity.net/user/thatgamerguy2234

InkBunny: ThatGamerGuy2234 https://inkbunny.net/ThatGamerguy2234

Spongebob Community: Spemgeburb https://www.thesbcommunity.com/profile/3722-spemgeburb/

[at]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:56 am 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Can't wait to pick it up once I'm done with work.
The new battle mode looks so good, I can't wait to try it out. I've never really cared about battle mode since Double Dash, but given they really put effort into it this time I'm very excited to play it.

Shine Thief on Urchin Underpass will be the best thing.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:52 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I'm not buying Mario Kart 8. It's a racist game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P27ZsrQ_wFE

How can this be rated E for everyone? Nintendo should be ashamed of itself! From now on, I will no longer trust Nintendo when it comes to family friendly games.

Last edited by Mr. Saltman on Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:24 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the first time yesterday. This was actually my first experience playing MK8 - and my first experience playing a Nintendo Switch. Fun was had.

Maybe I should get my own Switch so I can actually play games like this.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:58 pm 
I'll see you all at 3:15!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Is it just me or does the CPU cheat more than ever in 150-200cc? Racing well isn't hard in itself but the RNG has to be in a good mood if you want 3-star Cup ranks. The CPU does manipulate the playing field in other MK games, but outside of maybe Super Mario Kart I've never seen it so blatant before. So many conveniently timed Blue Shells, Lightnings, immaculately-thrown Green Shells and Bananas, Boos that only ever target humans, and I swear to god they sometimes pull out invisible f**king Triple Bananas out of their asses to swat you away if you come up too close to them.

Also, I really wish they took the time to bump up 3/4 player framerate to 60fps. It was silly on WiiU but I feel it's just unacceptable on even better hardware.

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:35 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

BullockDS wrote:
Is it just me or does the CPU cheat more than ever in 150-200cc? Racing well isn't hard in itself but the RNG has to be in a good mood if you want 3-star Cup ranks. The CPU does manipulate the playing field in other MK games, but outside of maybe Super Mario Kart I've never seen it so blatant before. So many conveniently timed Blue Shells, Lightnings, immaculately-thrown Green Shells and Bananas, Boos that only ever target humans, and I swear to god they sometimes pull out invisible f**king Triple Bananas out of their asses to swat you away if you come up too close to them.

Also, I really wish they took the time to bump up 3/4 player framerate to 60fps. It was silly on WiiU but I feel it's just unacceptable on even better hardware.

Well, the items thing, everybody can carry two items again, so that's probably why that.

As for 3/4 players at 60FPS, I mean, the console is drawing three or four different viewports and having to render each one individually. They probably should have included low-fidelity models and whatnot to get it to work at 60FPS but it's not really that huge a deal.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 67 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic