Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 24 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [us]
 Post subject: Zero Kirby Reviews Video Games!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:27 am 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Update 6/3/16: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I'm writing reviews for a blog I've started up and while yes, there's a link in my signature, I figured I may as well make a topic for it and get your guys' thoughts on how good they are, what I could improve on, or maybe even ideas on what to review in the future!

Current Reviews (Oldest to Latest)

Last edited by Zero Kirby on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:45 am, edited 13 times in total.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Zero Kirby Reviews Video Games!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:04 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Nice job on the review-y things. There's a good amount of detail, and I like that you do a fair job of addressing the pros and cons of each game.

I need to finish PM:TTYD someday, and I definitely need to get Tropical Freeze a try.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:42 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Another week, another review. This week it's Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor!

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:03 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

For March, every week will be a review of a game in the Metroid series! Starting things off with, of course, the 1986 original.

Oh yeah! This year will mark the thirtieth anniversary of Metroid! Nintendo will probably not do anything about it. Thanks Nintendo!

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:10 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Another week, another review. Metroid II: Return of Samus has gone up today!

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:34 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

This one's a day late but here we go - Super Metroid!

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:42 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Quote:
Their fights are now completely different (though there’s a cute reference to the Fake Ridley from the first game)

Might want to fix that, all-star ;)

(also, your signature still says your latest review is Metroid)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:37 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Vitiman wrote:
Might want to fix that, all-star ;)

WHOOPS

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:41 pm 
VinnyVideo is the best admin ever.
[*]
[*]
PMTTYD? A solid 2.9/10!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:39 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Hey hey, time for a review of Metroid Fusion!

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:38 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Whoops, it's been a while! The reason I haven't updated in some time is that for a few weeks I was out of town and then just didn't get around to writing more reviews for some time!

But here's two: Metroid: Other M and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:23 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

New review time! Today's review is of Shank, a really fun game about chainsaws.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:59 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I know much has been said about Other M, but you did a good job of deconstructing the astonishing number of ways it went badly wrong.

I've never heard of Shank, but it certainly looks really cool.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:38 am 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Hey read your Metroid Fusion review, well done! Ringed true, liked your opinion on the game. I love Metroid and it says you wanted to make a Metroid fangame. If you ever wanted to help me out on mine, drop me a pm about it.

Anyway, enough advertising. Great reviews, reading the Super Metroid review right now! :)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:30 am 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

VinnyVideo wrote:
I know much has been said about Other M, but you did a good job of deconstructing the astonishing number of ways it went badly wrong.

I've never heard of Shank, but it certainly looks really cool.

If I wanted to I could've gone on about Other M for much longer, which is why I decided instead to link to two other things that pretty much do so for me.

And yes, Shank is a lot of fun. Extremely short, you can easily beat it in a single evening, but it's a great beat-em-up.

Morrad1991 wrote:
Hey read your Metroid Fusion review, well done! Ringed true, liked your opinion on the game. I love Metroid and it says you wanted to make a Metroid fangame. If you ever wanted to help me out on mine, drop me a pm about it.

Anyway, enough advertising. Great reviews, reading the Super Metroid review right now! :)

I'll admit I have a soft-spot for Fusion since it was my first Metroid, but even so, it's solidly built and is a stellar example of what Other M tried and failed to be.

And it's a testament to how good Super Metroid is when the first time I'd ever played it was when it finally released on the Wii's Virtual Console and I still had a blast playing it. Heck, when taking screenshots I had to remind myself every so often to actually do so.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:43 am 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Fusion is also the first Metroid I played. Besides Metroid 2 for a bit when I was too young to understand it. I liked Fusions emphasis on plot. It wasn't executed as well as it could have been in that regard though. Too much text you're required to read. Prime did better in that way as the story was non-intrusive. My Metroid has a basic story a lot like Prime. I find lore a really interesting addition to the canon. But honestly, if Fusion had a remake with the gameplay of Prime it would be amazing. Nothing Id program not due to lack of skill (I'm a good learner) but because I would never do it justice. Still I hope Nintendo does that or someone else someday. With the way fa games are progressing it seems highly plausible.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:38 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

New review time! F-Zero GX.

Are you prepared to play the game? The dare's the only price for fame... or getting your teeth kicked in by extremely difficult racing games. Either one, really.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:01 am 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Great review of Other M, definitely not the best game from what I've gathered. I might just stay away from the game completely when I get my Wii U (finally).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:54 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

New review time! Rise of Nations!

This is seriously one of my favourite games. I love it so.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:26 pm 
Thanks Gato!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
pretty good reviews from what I've read, website itself could look prettier though (banner with artwork instead of just text and grey background) but it ain't offensive to eyeballs

surprised you jumped straight into Dong Freeze instead of starting with Dong 3D/Wii tho

---

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 24 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic