[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
For me personally I hate the way Samus was designed as a character since Zero Suit Samus in Zero Mission. Its dumb. I wish Samus was a butch woman like she appeared to be in Super Metroid and Prime.

Look at this:
Real Samus
Barbie doll:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
 Post subject: Re: Changes you hate made in a game series
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:38 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
A lot of Mario spin off games are guilty of changes that don't benefit the game at all.

Mario Party 5 had the series formula down to an art. Great minigames, enough complexity and strategy on the board game side of things with the capsules and and so on. Then they decided to mess it all up in Mario Party 9 and 10 with the stupid car, take away all forms of strategy, take away the stars in favour of mini stars and put it all down to RNG.

Mario Tennis is also guilty of this. Mario Tennis of the Gamecube was bloody amazing, but both the 3DS and Wii U versions took away a lot of what made the Gamecube version amazing such as the power shots and replaced it with dull gimmicks such as the Giant Mushroom and added that circle onto the floor so you basically know exactly where the ball is going to land.

Lets not even get started on the Paper Mario series.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[tt]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:57 am 
:D
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
Lets not even get started on the Paper Mario series.

You mean removing of partners, NPC species, battle strategies, and making battles into just Find thing and Use thing.
And add lots of Toads. :D

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:56 am 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

@Morrad, I definitely second the Samus thing! I've been saying that for a while. Make her look like she could kick my ass. I guess most people look like that but you understand what I mean

@Kritter I have to agree about Mario Party, though the only ones I spend any time with really are 1 and 2. I plan on getting a Gamecube soon, so I'll check out 4 and 5.

I guess Hitman: Absolution's changes weren't all good. It made the series kinda linear when it's suppose to be a sandbox. It was still kind of a fun game but it's my least favorite one.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:32 am 
Metal Mario's Rejected Brother
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
HylianDev wrote:
@Morrad, I definitely second the Samus thing! I've been saying that for a while. Make her look like she could kick my ass. I guess most people look like that but you understand what I mean

It seems they're starting to fix this. At least that what it shows in the latest game's artbook.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/comments/70cian/zero_suit_samus_depiction_in_the_artbook_maybe_my/

They have given her broader shoulders and a slightly more athletic frame.

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:56 am 
[*]
[*]
Not direct to games but, i hate the fact that when a game gets famous it's community gets worse.
*Cough* *Cuphead* *Cough*

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:24 pm 
Oops! All Berries
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mario Kart games are way easier now than they used to be. Nowadays with Smart Steering you don't even have to tilt the control stick to win. And remember when a 3-star ranking in a Grand Prix in Mario Kart Wii required almost flawless play throughout? In Mario Kart 8 you just have to come first in each race, ignoring stuff like falling off course or being overtaken. Then again, I don't want it to be Special Cup in the original Super Mario Kart levels of hard...

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:40 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
To be fair, the Smart Steeting isn't meant for people like us. I had my family around on my birthday, including a bunch of kids, and my wife played Mario Kart with them. They were aged between 3 and 8 and all had Smart Steering on, and they had an absolute blast because they didn't feel outclassed by each other. Smart Steering is actually a fantastic inclusion in Mario Kart when you look it like that.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:59 pm 
¿
Good At French
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Paper Mario: Sticker star was a huge disappointment. After playing the original paper Mario,(best in the series) I was really excited to play this one. You know the rest

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:26 am 
I'll see you all at 3:15!
[*]
[*]
[*]
This sounds minor but I'm really not liking how Nintendo's burying Link's green tunic so hard recently for Zelda, trying to push the hatless Champion's Tunic design so freaking hard. In BotW, you had to explore nearly all the land and do all the Shrines to get the Tunic of the Wild (so RIP exploring the world freshly in it); meanwhile only the Champion's Tunic shows up for BotW Link art (except for one showing him in the Warm Doublet), it's the best singular armor piece in the game for defense and its bonus, it's obtained really easily, and it cannot be dyed.

Alongside this, though, the blue Champion's Tunic is now what's representative of Link as a whole for the series, also being what shows up as "Link's clothes" in crossover cameo equipment like Skyrim on Switch and Monster Hunter XX.

[kp]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:52 pm 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
It's fine for Link to get some new clothes but yeah it's ridiculous the original tunic was the Reward for doing all the shrines (and then upgrading it uses all the rare ****). the original styled tunic should have been something you get early on. i guess you can get some Other link's tunic via amiibo but meh

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:02 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Super Mario WTL wrote:
It's fine for Link to get some new clothes but yeah it's ridiculous the original tunic was the Reward for doing all the shrines (and then upgrading it uses all the rare ****). the original styled tunic should have been something you get early on. i guess you can get some Other link's tunic via amiibo but meh

I think having it be split up as the reward for three Shrines would've worked better (e.g. put each piece in one of the three Labyrinths instead of the Barbarian Set). I wouldn't be so bothered by the Champion's Tunic if it didn't get such special treatment (it cannot be dyed, it's piss easy to get, and it has the best defense and one of the better bonuses in the game).

I'll be kinda fair though - the upgrade materials for the Wild Set aren't anywhere near as godawful as the Amiibo pieces. Except for the Twilight Princess and Fierce Deity outfits, each piece of an Amiibo outfit requires 10 Star Fragments and 53 of a given gemstone in total to upgrade.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:25 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

CopperMario wrote:
HylianDev wrote:

It seems they're starting to fix this. At least that what it shows in the latest game's artbook.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/comments/70cian/zero_suit_samus_depiction_in_the_artbook_maybe_my/

They have given her broader shoulders and a slightly more athletic frame.

I really like that! It resembles her older sprites pretty well, and the shoes make a lot more sense.
I agree about the Paper Mario issue as well, the new games are mediocre at best due to all the unfavorable changes. Same with Mario Party.

I really don't like the recent absence of Link's green tunic either. It was an iconic outfit, similar to Mario's overalls and hat. I get that the blue tunic plays into the storyline and matches Zelda's dress, but still.... the iconic green outfit is so hard to get most people probably won't bother.
I think my favorite outfit in the game is the OoT outfit, which requires an amiibo so most people probably won't even see it.

Also the sims has gotten very boring with the sims 4 in my opinion. I used to play sims 2 and 3 when i was younger, and I recently revisited them and they were a blast, so I got 4.... it was disappointing. There was no substance to it, and the world your sims lived in didn't change or progress the way it did in 2 and 3. Making the sims was fun though, but you could hardly give them any characteristics and when you did they didn't really matter.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:52 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
In all honesty I really enjoyed Colour Splash in the end. I played through the entire game with my son, it had a lot of good humour and a lot of the funny moments come from visual humour rather than written, which was great because it made it very easy for my son to understand. Really, it's not the Paper Mario game people wanted but when it comes to being a Paper Mario game for kids, it was actually really great. I really enjoyed how light hearted it was, and how it was designed for shorter bursts rather than long slogs.

In contrast, I'm trying to play through Paper Mario 2 with him but it's so.... boring, and not fun to watch I'd imagine. Really, it's not as good as my rose tinted spectacles expected it to be.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:44 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Kritter wrote:
In all honesty I really enjoyed Colour Splash in the end. I played through the entire game with my son, it had a lot of good humour and a lot of the funny moments come from visual humour rather than written, which was great because it made it very easy for my son to understand. Really, it's not the Paper Mario game people wanted but when it comes to being a Paper Mario game for kids, it was actually really great. I really enjoyed how light hearted it was, and how it was designed for shorter bursts rather than long slogs.

In contrast, I'm trying to play through Paper Mario 2 with him but it's so.... boring, and not fun to watch I'd imagine. Really, it's not as good as my rose tinted spectacles expected it to be.

I see what you're saying about it being a better game for young kids. TTYD is more complex, while Color Splash is watered down and easier to understand for kids. The more complex storyline in TTYD might also bore kids, especially since it was mostly through text, where Color Splash seems a bit more visual in its story telling. They had absolutely no reason to make all NPCs generic toads, though, and to remove all interesting characters from the series.

While I do appreciate the effort to bring Paper Mario to a younger audience, I don't like that the older audiences the first few games were intended for were completely forgotten. I wouldn't at all mind having these simpler Paper Mario games exist if the more complicated ones existed as well. I miss the interesting storylines and the badges and the partners.
Also, the changes made to water it down for kids add some big gameplay flaws that the originals didn't have, most notably being the unrewarding battles.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:13 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
Really, it's not the Paper Mario game people wanted but when it comes to being a Paper Mario game for kids, it was actually really great..

"It wasn't the Paper Mario game devoted fans have desired for over a decade, but hey, at least the undiscerning kids enjoy it!"

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:10 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Willsaber wrote:
Kritter wrote:
Really, it's not the Paper Mario game people wanted but when it comes to being a Paper Mario game for kids, it was actually really great..

"It wasn't the Paper Mario game devoted fans have desired for over a decade, but hey, at least the undiscerning kids enjoy it!"

I don't get this recent notion from Nintendo fans of using children as shields to defend terrible design choices. Like, the reason earlier Paper Mario games captured my attention and endured in my mind since my childhood (and for countless others) were because they were creative with story and writing, and the gameplay in those games was simple yet engaging.

[au]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:26 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Because it's legitimate? I actually had legimitate fun with it and I was able to enjoy it with my son because of those changes. Ultimately though, even without my son I would've had fun with Paper Mario. The battle system left a lot to be desired, but the graphical style, writing, music and world in general was fun to be in.

And really Paper Mario isn't that creative. Big ancient evil/Bowser wants to take over/destroy the world, go get yet another 7 stars of some sort and rescue Peach again while you're at it. Fill with dialogue and random characters nobody cares about and presto, Paper Mario formula.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:03 am 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Kritter wrote:
Because it's legitimate? I actually had legimitate fun with it and I was able to enjoy it with my son because of those changes. Ultimately though, even without my son I would've had fun with Paper Mario. The battle system left a lot to be desired, but the graphical style, writing, music and world in general was fun to be in.

And really Paper Mario isn't that creative. Big ancient evil/Bowser wants to take over/destroy the world, go get yet another 7 stars of some sort and rescue Peach again while you're at it. Fill with dialogue and random characters nobody cares about and presto, Paper Mario formula.

The reason people liked Paper Mario so much was because they did care about the characters (I don't see why you're saying nobody cares about the characters when the lack of new characters is clearly a huge issue many people have with the new games), and the storylines put a creative twist on the generic Mario storyline. It was simple enough for kids to understand and enjoy while adding something new.
Again I'm not opposed to a more watered down paper Mario, but if it means the actually well designed and creative games are done then I am opposed to it.
Also the character design in TTYD was awesome. There aren't many impressive new designs in the new PM games, probably because there aren't many new characters at all.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:04 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
BullockDS wrote:
I don't get this recent notion from Nintendo fans of using children as shields to defend terrible design choices.

Well, the reason that the fanboys use this argument is because Nintendo themselves use this argument. It's obviously an excuse, not an argument, but that is at least the reason this comes up.

Kritter wrote:

I don't think you understand at all why this is a popular game series.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 29 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic