[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
The Minish Cap is easily my favorite Zelda title.

To be fair, I never gave TLOZ a chance until late 2011 with the Four Swords Anniversary Edition. It's a good game to get you into Zelda, but when I started Minish Cap it trumped four swords in every way possible. Out of the small amount of Zelda I've played (I started: the first 3, OOT, MM, link's crossbow training, GBC games (OOF, OOS, LADX) and wind waker, finished ALBW and Four Swords, got midway through this one [I was emulating {yes I'm cheap}but i accidentally formatted my usb]) this is easily the best game. ALBW is a close second. Both have an amazing soundtrack, intuitive dungeons, and both brought acceptable new characters (Ezlo/Ravio). The bosses are what sells this game, though.

LONG STORY SHORT IF IT'S TL;DR:
It's my favorite Zelda game.

[tw]
 Post subject: Re: No love for Minish Cap
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 pm 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I actually enjoyed Minish Cap a lot compared to most Zelda games. Still my top picks are the Oracle series (GBC and N64)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:39 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I played a little of the GBC trilogy and I disliked all of them.

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:45 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I can't stand Minish Cap. That mountain climbing segment is just ridiculous that early on in the game, and from there it's either too simple (easy puzzles and such) or too complicated (everything having to do with using the Four Sword panels in a specific way during combat, particularly during the final boss). Kinstone fusing just isn't worth it half the time and there's not really any interesting use of being really tiny except "the world but if it were like A Bug's Life or something". The story was also really dull, even for a Zelda game. Vaati just isn't interesting.

It's nowhere near as good as Link's Awakening, which was appropriately challenging, imaginative, and actually had a story that made you think a little bit about what you were doing and whether or not it was the right thing.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:15 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Minish Cap was a hit-or-miss experience for me. Some of the dungeons and bosses were really cool, and certain uses of the shrinking mechanism were well-executed. The game looked nice, and I enjoyed the soundtrack. Portions of the game were rather tedious (like the aforementioned mountain climb), and the story was kind of lame. My biggest complaint is the game's length: You can beat it in just a day or two if you skip some of the sidequests.

Supernova: I don't understand what you mean. There was never an Oracle game for the N64.

Zero Kirby: That's exactly why Link's Awakening remains one of my favorite Zelda games.

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:34 am 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
Supernova: I don't understand what you mean. There was never an Oracle game for the N64.

My bad. Orcarina of Time sounds extremely close to Oracle of Ages. Derppp.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:28 am 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It's definitely a creative game, I'll give it that. For me, it's a stretch to call it the best, though.
For me, the best Zeldas are ALTTP, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and ALBW.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:58 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
It's my opinion, and opinion < fact.

[tr]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:35 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Quote:
My top 12 instead of top 10!
11) The Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap

I love Minish Cap! Shrinking was cool, bosses were fun, levels were good and graphics were awesome! The only bad thing was mountain part.

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:39 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I never played Minish Cap. I just watched some gameplays. I think no single modern Zelda games will be good as the classic ones..

Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:58 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I'm not a huge fan of the top-down camera Zelda games, so I like Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, etc. better than the Gameboy/Gameboy Color/NES Zelda games. But, out of the top-down Zelda games that I've played (Minish Cap, Four Swords, and the original), I like Minish Cap the most. I think it has a better storyline than the others I've played.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:18 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I never played Minish Cap. I just watched some gameplays. I think no single modern Zelda games will be good as the classic ones..

A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD would like to have a word with you

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:42 am 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Zero Kirby wrote:

Also Skyward Sword.

I'm curious to hear how SuperArthurBros defines "classic" and "modern." Would, say, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask count as "classic?"

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:25 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Classic video games, I consider, are ones 15+ years. So next year, Majora's Mask would become a classic by my standards. OOT is, though because it's 16 years old.

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:04 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Also Skyward Sword.

Would've said that one too but it's really hit-or-miss for a lot of people compared to the near universal praise for the two games I listed.

"Classic" video games being better tend to be a result of nostalgia goggles anyway. The very first Zelda game, when you really get down to it, is kinda terrible.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:12 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
While there were certainly some flaws in the game, the Minish Cap is one of my favorite Zelda games. Despite the fact that some of the puzzles and such were far too simple, I really enjoyed it.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:31 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Friendly Dictator wrote:
Zero Kirby wrote:

Also Skyward Sword.

I'm curious to hear how SuperArthurBros defines "classic" and "modern." Would, say, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask count as "classic?"

Aaah, i mean the classic and old ones. I don't think the newer Zelda games are bad; they're all good, but don't look like Zelda games anymore.

Also, i forgot to say i liked ALBW a lot.

Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:58 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Aaah, i mean the classic and old ones. I don't think the newer Zelda games are bad; they're all good, but don't look like Zelda games anymore.

Now that just doesn't make any sense at all.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:41 pm 
always have a hot girl as your avatar
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Zero Kirby wrote:
"Classic" video games being better tend to be a result of nostalgia goggles anyway. The very first Zelda game, when you really get down to it, is kinda terrible.

well said, man. i wish that was an idea that would just take a hike.

anyway, back on topic: minish cap was a game that came out when i still didn't give a damn about zelda, and even now it doesn't seem that compelling to me. i've got it because of the ambassador program, but i don't think i really want to play through it anytime soon

I don't really use waifu seriously. The very definition of waifu is that you are in love with them and I'm not at the point where I would develop romantic feelings for an anime character. It's only... friendsu with benefitsu ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:13 am 
Getting kind of TMI
[*]
[*]
[*]
Honestly, Minish Cap is just one of those games where I've permanently gotten myself stuck in a certain area, but I'm usually either too lazy or too stubborn to pick up a guide. I rarely have this kind of problem with Zelda games, if not only that one exception.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 20 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic