[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
James Rolfe did a video about movies he doesn't love whereas everyone loves them, so I want to do something similar, just with more than movies, more of everything.

Here's some of mine:

Facebook. Just ugh.
I never had interest in it because I'm not really a social person, and you have to use your real name, but the more I learned about it the more I'm glad I didn't use it.
For one, it's the privacy destroyer. There's instances of people getting fired from their jobs because they appeared in photos at a drink heavy party or something, and the things that happen online jump back into the real world. Not to mention all the ads. And then with people getting all their news on Facebook, and the big international scandal about the news stories that weren't real trying to influence the election... I'm real glad I'm not in that world. I have all of you guys anyway!

Earthbound.
...wait what?
Yeah I said it. I'm not a fan of Earthbound. Everyone loves this game, but... I just don't.
...I tried to play it a couple of times, but I just wasn't hooked like many other RPGs. I'm used to them having some "coolness" to them, and real good music.
What I got instead was this.

I'm sorry but this is one of my least favorite battle songs I've heard.
Though I get it's trying to be weird, and there's nothing wrong with being funny, Paper Mario is funny and it's one of my favorite games.
But this... I can't get into. I haven't even gotten to the first big location, the Giant Step.

Onions.
Besides having layers like ogres, I don't like the way they "feel" when I eat them. Even onion rings Any time there's onions on something I don't eat them.
It's not taste, it's "mouth feel".
I've had a lot of snacks and things with onion powder as an ingredient, and that's fine, but just onions? Nah.

[zz]
 Post subject: Re: Things you dislike that everyone else loves
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:21 am 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I find Minecraft as being an utterly boring game. I never know what the heck am I supposed to do, but maybe that's just my lack of imagination. You could say I dislike it rather than hating it, but eh.

I also hate milk caramel. It just makes things more cloying. TOO cloying. It's pretty popular down here but I don't know if any of you guys have ever eaten it, or if you have your own variant of it in your country.

I also find kirby to be too kiddy for my taste plz dont kill me

Last edited by Mr. Saltman on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:04 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I dont like milk.
I also don't really care for the pokemon games. They never hold my interest for long, unfortunately. I love the pokemon themselves, though

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:09 pm 
Regular Show, because I find almost most of the episodes to be very predictable and I'm just not a fan of the artstyle.

[kp]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:09 pm 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
I agree with you on Earthbound, Parakarry, I definitely could never get into it myself. I recommend giving Mother 3 a shot though, I'm not sure what exactly made it easier on me to play through (maybe just better pacing?) but it's very enjoyable.

I'm not a fan of Facebook either and I highly recommend anyone using it to delete your account right now. There's nothing stopping you. Until we do something about big companies like Facebook and Google's massive data collection I recommend avoiding them when possible... hopefully there'll be a bigger push for that after the Equifax leak.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:29 pm 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Zelda. I mean it's just link he comes to town comes to save the princess Zelda. Seriously though, the games were too puzzley for me to figure out. I guess I could use a walkthrough or two.

Cooking. I don't know how to cook at all though I am learning and I hate it. It takes forever. My girlfriend cooks the meals at home and she's great. I'm just learning.

Working at Wal mart... wait what am I talking about? All my fellow employees hate this job.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:19 am 
This is official artwork
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Star Wars- I used to like the series. I still think the movies are good. But I started to dislike it due to it being over saturated and the fans being annoying. Same thing with Star Trek and Doctor Who exept I find Doctor Who to be unwatchable now.

Saving Private Ryan- The Omaha beach part was great, but the rest was pretty meh and inaccurate which is a big turn off for me.

Batman- It tries way to hard to be gritty and brooding that it makes me not like it.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:11 am 
[RII]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Watching TV, at all. Watching TV in a social setting is even worse, because while I don't want to watch TV, it simultaneously will command my attention, and the people around me seem to assume that they can just leave the TV on as a background distraction and hold a meaningful conversation. Meh.

Drinking culture. For a variety of reasons I don't drink, but that's pretty much the glue that binds adult social life together. And if you're not drinking, you're not part of that fabric.

Facebook indeed. I basically don't interact with it. Out of site and out of mind.

For the first 3 - 6 months: Undertale. I didn't really appreciate the humor or like the mechanics and hype hype hype. I did ultimately warm up to it a lot, but it took a long time.

---

I totally get the "mouth-feel" thing. For me it's any bread product that's been wetted with water, juices, grease, whatever. Serve me a greasy burger, and I may start by picking off chunks of bun until it's half gone. The texture and mouth-feel makes me want to retch. There might be a weird childhood experience trigger behind this one.

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:18 am 
Why so serious?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Holiday Trips. It just seems like a huge waste of money to me.

Bioshock. I found it boring. At one point I lost my save file (no Steam Cloud support), and I didn't feel like going through it again.

Killing Floor. I see it as just another horde mode game where you move like you're wading through waist high water.

Coffee.

THIS IS THE PUN TAX! PAY THE PUN TAX! - Proton Jon

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:36 am 
[*]
[*]
Thomas Was Alone, took 3 hours to complete and I left unsatisfied. The story was meh and the levels lost their charm halfway through. Mostly because there's 7 characters in the main part and only a few ever interact with each other in the dialogue. It gets a little better once the completely new characters come in but not by that much.

Last edited by MarioBuilder on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:10 pm 
Am a girl
[*]
[*]
The Matrix.
The fighting in it was boring like watching 2 babies slap eachother, they didnt even try to be clever they just outright say Neo is the messiah, Neo and the love interest have like a moment but at the end woah they're in love? With nothing building up to it at all? The "deep" talking was just a lot of circular conversations which lead to nothing.

I really don't understand

Last edited by VinnyVideo on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe spoilers?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:20 pm 
¿
Good At French
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Cake
Just being around it makes me want to throw up
Milk
has a funky taste
Orange juice
tastes like medicine

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:28 pm 
Rayman 2 is the best Rayman game.
Call of Duty
Everyone likes this for some reason when it's just a cash-in published by, obviously, Activision.
I can also agree on what Retriever said on Undertale. The fandom ruined it for me for a long time.

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:46 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
League of Legends

I don't really like it, I just play it a lot anyways.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:08 pm 
Oops! All Berries
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Tuna, coconut, grapefruit, slow-paced strategy games

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:52 pm 
He has no file, He has no name!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Willsaber wrote:
League of Legends

I don't really like it, I just play it a lot anyways.

Who the f*** likes league of legends

Also on topic i guess... Megaman X? I dont hate it or anything, but it's often bandied around as one of the BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME but idk, the level design isnt really that strong on the whole? It primarily consists of a bunch of disconnected ideas and challenges that dont really build on each other, and the levels themselves go by really quick and generally offer next to no real challenge. It's got neat polish, but from a raw design perspective i felt let down.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:52 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

MoneyMan wrote:
Also on topic i guess... Megaman X? I dont hate it or anything, but it's often bandied around as one of the BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME but idk, the level design isnt really that strong on the whole? It primarily consists of a bunch of disconnected ideas and challenges that dont really build on each other, and the levels themselves go by really quick and generally offer next to no real challenge. It's got neat polish, but from a raw design perspective i felt let down.

Yeah, that's quite a big issue. Unless they have some good innovations in terms of gameplay, Mega Man games seem to rely too heavily on good level design because many of them are "more of the same". I think MMX was praised because of both its new mechanics (wall jumping, dashing) and collectibles (heart tanks, sub tanks, first armor parts), as well as a sizable improvement in terms of detail with graphics and soundtrack, all of which you could say really helped out at hiding its low difficulty curve.

I still love the MMX series though, as I played them a lot as a kid. Sigma is definitely more badass than any other Mega Man villain out there.

User page at mfgg.net

[cl]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:49 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Movies in general. They are so long and slow paced, and I'm an impatient piece of **** so it's a pain for me to try to watch one. So I just don't watch movies, only with few exceptions of anime movies I like. Still kinda painful to make an effort though.

I also no longer like to watch TV. I prefer to decide myself what I'm going to watch, in my own schedule.

MoneyMan wrote:
Who the f*** likes league of legends

I do.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:12 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

YouTube personalities. I've had a hard time getting into LPs and this sort of thing. A lot of the more popular personalities use coarse language almost nonstop, which I find offputting. Also, I'm just not that interested in watching other people play video games unless it's a friend playing (or if they're playing a game made by a friend).

Drinking. As R II mentioned, alcohol culture is a biggie for me. I don't drink (for a variety of reasons), but abstaining from alcohol does have a negative effect on your social life. Quite a few people I know have no interest in doing "fun things" with other people unless booze is nearby.

Facebook. I used to avoid having anything to do with Facebook, and I still don't use it very much. The privacy issues are definitely worrisome, and most of the posts I see on Zuckerbook aren't particularly edifying. However, the same could be said about Twitter and most other popular social networks.

User page at mfgg.net

[aq]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:31 pm 
Obey.
[*]
[*]
Today's politics. Ughhhhh. On the internet, you are either an white supremacist alt-right or an leftist libcuck SJW. Hardly anyone properly reads the news these days. Just read the headline, get angry, take an entire hour to share it on their social media echo chamber.

Facebook. People really don't give a damn about their own privacy these days. Let's see how well that will end for them in the future.

YouTube personalities. There's just so much cheap content out there. Some channels have douches, including let's players. They are poison to the gaming community. They don't just make it look bad; they make it worse. Other channels have no clear direction or upload too often, and it's just all clickbait.

Overwatch. I don't think a multiplayer first-person shooter has a place for named characters. That's just my opinion. I just like Call of Duty, leave me alone :-(

PC Gaming. The graphical benefit is marginal these days. With consoles, there's no compatibility issues, there's no big operating system getting in the way.

Self-driving cars. For me, I like to fill time with driving.

Today's radio music. Never really hated the songs, up until a few years ago. Everyone's putting that stupid accent on, as well as every possible rap cliche.

Cell-phones. Don't dislike them. I have one, but I don't care about them. If I drop my phone from a high place, I'll just buy a new one.

Other stuff: drinking, strong cheese, pineapple pizza

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 29 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic