[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
As officially announced on the MFGG Main Site, we have a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MarioFanGamesGalaxy/ and you are invited to comment, like and share its variety of content. With the Facebook page, you can stay up to date on forum and site updates on any device as well as having your work showcased!

In addition to a lot of updates on content Vinny Video posted here on the main site and forums, you will find that I have uploaded a video spotlight on Wario's Revenge here: https://www.facebook.com/MarioFanGamesG ... 763858719/

"In celebration of MFGG's 16 year anniversary, take a look back at our founder's first ever Mario fangame which was published on Bowser Technologies. Bowser Technologies was an MFGG precursor, though it was more of a general fangame website that accepted content from Sonic the hedgehog, Megaman and other games. Wario's Revenge was first released in 1998 and created in Klik & Play by Thunder Dragon. It was reuploaded to MFGG's site when it launched later in 2003 under the Taloncrossing Content Management System, which is the system MFGG currently utilizes.

In Wario's Revenge, Bowser has successfully taken over the world before Wario had the chance to come up with an evil plan of his own. Wario has plans for revenge against the Koopa King! The goal in each level is to collect all the coins in each level while avoiding enemies and obstacles that may kill you in one hit.

Both Thunder Dragon and MFGG have come a long way since this game was released, so it's great to look back and see how things used to be!
You may download Wario's Revenge on MFGG at https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&pa ... c=2&id=313"

Can you make it farther in Wario's Revenge despite its difficult controls? What's your favorite Bowser Technologies game?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGGFB Video Spotlight: Wario's Revenge by Thunder Drago
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:18 pm 
SMRPG Fanatic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Answering my favorite Bowser Tech game: If we aren't counting anything after Toad Strikes Back, my favorite wouldn't actually be the first Wario's Revenge, but the second, Wario's Revenge 2. Sunk quite a few hours into that game. It's a shame even TD renounces his own work as it's not even on the main site (and he would like to keep it that way) but it was fun nonetheless.

Why did I like it? Well, besides being literally unplayable, the level jumper was really interesting and kept me busy for quite a few hours, even days if I remember correctly. At the time, it seemed more "polished" than any other games by TD (heck most fan games at the time!), which really peaked my interest and inspired me to work on my own works at that time.

(On the part of being unplayable though, the player could shoot and destroy extra lives with a fireball makes its return from the first game, but this time the player can't collect them after doing so. :blank: I think that was the worst part...)

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:31 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
MarioQuest, though I honestly don't remember anything about it other than it's probably one of the first Mario Fangame I played.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:51 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I think I could deal with Wario's Revenge if the fireball controls were fixed.

I don't mind the extra lives being destructible by the player. It's a unique idea that makes you try to work on your timing and it's not required to beat the level anyways. Just an optional grab, really.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 4 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic