[ 10 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [zz]
 Post subject: CNN blackmails Reddit user for creating gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:26 pm 
Marle's my waifu
[*]
[*]
[*]
So, if you haven't heard already somehow, CNN used their resources to find out the personal details of the Reddit user who made the Trump vs. CNN wrestle gif that Trump posted on his Twitter, then blackmailed him into apologizing for it. As you can imagine, this situation kind of blew up over the internet and people are making more CNN memes than ever.

So, that's the present day for you. Getting blackmailed by a international billion dollar news corp for posting memes.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
 Post subject: Re: CNN blackmails Reddit user for creating gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:30 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Doxing and blackmailing a 15-year-old for making memes. Who at CNN thought this was a good idea? No matter how you word it, it's obvious blackmail, but I'm sure their target demographic finds some way to defend this.

I'm glad CNN is getting all the **** it gets. I'm not sure whether it's possible, but if it is I sure hope they get sued over this.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:31 pm 
Marle's my waifu
[*]
[*]
[*]
Trump needs to step in. It'd be both hilarious and karmic.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:33 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
From what I gathered, the news companies have a vendetta against the internet for whatever reasons. Heck, the Wall Street Journal loves demonizing YouTube as of late by not only dragging PewDiePie through the mud, but also had a hand in the YouTube ad crisis.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:35 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

You've just got to see this for yourselves.

They didn't like, secretly blackmail him.

This is an article they PROUDLY posted that was, apparently at some point, hosted PROMINENTLY on their home page.

Quote:
CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

So basically, if he ever makes another anti-CNN meme, they'll release his identity.

I'm no lawyer, I don't know if this is a crime or not. But it should be. One of the world's most popular news networks is blackmailing someone over making a joke. That joke, through no fault of their own, was retweeted by the President.

Why???? What???? What is so bad about this meme???? It doesn't call them fake news or anything. What??????????

Here is a list of CNN's advertisers, please email them and tell them that you can't support a network that engages is bullying, blackmail, and the like, especially proudly and openly.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:41 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
How horrid... If they had this approach for more offensive posts (not just to CNN by also more innocent online users), then I would be a bit more okay with this.

From what I understand thus far, the joke is harmless enough and it just makes CNN look rather petty. Combine this with the antics of the Wall Street journal, the new networks are digging a rather impressive hole.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:43 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

E-Man wrote:
How horrid... If they had this approach for more offensive posts (not just to CNN by also more innocent online users), then I would be a bit more okay with this.

From what I understand thus far, the joke is harmless enough and it just makes CNN look rather petty. Combine this with the antics of the Wall Street journal, the new networks are digging a rather impressive hole.

I think what makes this even worse is that, you should be able to say whatever you want as long as it's not a death threat to someone.

I should be able to go on the internet and say "CNN is selling illegal drugs to terrorists with the help of Hillary Clinton and the Illuminati" and they can't legally do anything to me.

It's extremely petty. It's childish, it's disgusting, and it should be illegal.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:56 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Entirely agree with everything you said, Hylian.
I'm not sure, but I do think it's illegal what they're doing. I mean, it's blackmail for crying out loud.

If this thing is dragged to court, I'm sure the guy would receive enough funds to carry the lawsuit.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:13 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
HylianDev wrote:
I think what makes this even worse is that, you should be able to say whatever you want as long as it's not a death threat to someone.

I should be able to go on the internet and say "CNN is selling illegal drugs to terrorists with the help of Hillary Clinton and the Illuminati" and they can't legally do anything to me.

It's extremely petty. It's childish, it's disgusting, and it should be illegal.

If your hypothetical claims about CNN selling drugs is all meant in good fun and shouldn't be taken seriously, then I don't see much of a problem. What I won't tolerate, though, is the purposeful weaponization of groundless claims and exaggerations of negative traits towards individuals and certain groups. While they hardly cause trouble when spouted from someone who lacks any sort of respect, people with larger followings could cause serious problems. Even if hostility is a valid reaction towards certain individuals, I would be careful about forming critiques because it would ruin the reputation of the other person and further escalate the situation.

Overall, I'm not supporting the actions of CNN since they're supposed to be a mature institution. Instead, what I'm suggesting is that stating any opinion in general comes with responsibilities.

User page at mfgg.net

[tt]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:00 pm 
:D
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Forget whether or not all the claims of "fake news" cause I'm sure they're a reuptable news source... but THIS?
THIS isn't cool at all. The f?
Not helping your image...
Plus it's just giving more fuel to the Trump people who think the media is being bad on purpose.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 10 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic