...Muslim 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
...Jew 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
...Buddhist 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
...Hindu 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
...Waluigist 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
...Other 52%  52%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 29

[at]
 Post subject: Re: So what's your religion?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:52 am 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Agnostic atheist

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:47 am 
Marle's my waifu
[*]
[*]
[*]
Atheist and euphoric about it.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:46 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
If "other" is the most popular option, your poll is pretty poopy

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:42 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

First option - or Southern Baptist, if you want to be more precise. Almost everyone in my family has been Baptist - at least for the past couple of centuries. I don't agree with certain strategic and operational moves that the SBC and Baptist churches have done, but that's another story for another day.

All in all, I feel spiritual life is more important than it's ever been. I won't deny that there are people who have done bad things in the name of religion, but there are also plenty of secular governments, militaries, and other groups of humans that have done horrible things. People will always find bad things to do to other groups of people. For the most part, the good that religion does definitely outweighs the bad.

(I could say a lot more, but I won't.)

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:09 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Willsaber wrote:
If "other" is the most popular option, your poll is pretty poopy

Well, the idea was to make those who had no religion to vote for the Waluigism option as a joke.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:06 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

VinnyVideo wrote:
I won't deny that there are people who have done bad things in the name of religion, but there are also plenty of secular governments, militaries, and other groups of humans that have done horrible things. People will always find bad things to do to other groups of people. For the most part, the good that religion does definitely outweighs the bad.

(I could say a lot more, but I won't.)

I've gotta express my agreement with this. I have so much disdain for people who blame everything on religion.

Blaming wars and oppressive cultures on religion is at best only part of the story. Islam and Christianity exists everywhere in the world, and many of their followers are all about LGBT rights. I can't think of a time I've ever heard of a Jewish person advocating for the stoning of a gay person, despite the fact that the Old Testament isn't old to them lol.

It's about bad people who run the culture, not just what book you believe in.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:11 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Yes but we'd likely not be talking about LGBT rights at all if religion didn't exist. I'd wager that most of the good things religion does can also be done with a complete absence of religion.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:42 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Mr. Saltman wrote:
Well, the idea was to make those who had no religion to vote for the Waluigism option as a joke.

Firstly, you did not communicate that anywhere. Waluigism is obviously a joke option, but it's not a clear alternative to irreligion. If anything, it comes off as an option for people who are not comfortable publicly expressing what their religion is.

Moreover, a lot of commenters have stated they are Atheist, which is a pretty popular religion on the Internet which should have a place on the poll. It is not irreligion, and is in fact a religion in and of itself.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:50 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Willsaber wrote:
Mr. Saltman wrote:

Firstly, you did not communicate that anywhere. Waluigism is obviously a joke option, but it's not a clear alternative to irreligion. If anything, it comes off as an option for people who are not comfortable publicly expressing what their religion is.

Moreover, a lot of commenters have stated they are Atheist, which is a pretty popular religion on the Internet which should have a place on the poll. It is not irreligion, and is in fact a religion in and of itself.

Uhh

Atheism is definitely not a religion lol. When people say they're atheist, they almost always mean that they're irreligious and also don't believe in God.

Being an atheist, monotheist, polytheist, etc. is just a claim you make about the existence of a god or gods, and you can have a theism and lack a religion, or even lack a theism and have a religion, as in the case of many Buddhists.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:18 pm 
Seer of Doom
[*]
I consider myself as an agnostic.

Still, hard to make them understand since we live on a street that's(with the forgiveness of the term) LITTERED with churches ALL AROUND.

If it wasn't for the emptiness within those places, I'd say this street was kind of a "holy ground".
But as I experienced when innocently entering the lounge right below my house(some ignoramus uses it as a church as well), it's more of the opposite - Merely entering there left me totally overloaded so that I had to ask for help about getting off that filth that latched onto me there.

What I'm trying to say is... Even though there are places that really take their time to listen and help the lost on their problems, some places focus too much on diplomas and certificates to sound creditable as priests and actually do little to nothing about cleaning their own ambience of the bad energies. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

I had an instant heat stroke on getting inside that lounge only to ask of those imbeciles to keep down their noise because it was causing trepidations, all the dunce had to say back was "it's not our fault, it's the work of ANGELS" - ANGELS DON'T POSSESS PEOPLE, much less make the ambience THAT heavy. The energies I felt there were of pure hatred... So much I had to run onto my aunt's house to ask for help.

User page at mfgg.net

[zw]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:59 pm 
[*]
[*]
Willsaber wrote:

being an atheist doesn't mean you're a fedora tipper worshiping richard dawkins, fam
it literally means a-theism (no belief in god)

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:54 am 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
BlasterMaster wrote:
being an atheist doesn't mean you're a fedora tipper worshiping richard dawkins, fam

What does that have to do with my comment? I never said Atheists believe in god, I asserted that Atheism is a religion, and is distinct from irreligion. Though upon further research, while it is distinct from irreligion, it does seem that theologies and religions are actually different things.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:17 am 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Atheism literally only means "no belief in God", it's not a religion.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:10 am 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Pedigree wrote:

I don't think you understand what a religion is. There are plenty of religions that are not theologies, though I am no longer sure Atheism is one of them.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:24 am 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Willsaber wrote:
Pedigree wrote:

I don't think you understand what a religion is. There are plenty of religions that are not theologies, though I am no longer sure Atheism is one of them.

I think he has a better understanding than you. Religion relies on faith in something. It is true that an atheist can have faith in something (as stated above, there are religions without gods), but it's also very true that an atheist can also be faithless. They don't place their faith in any sort of nebulous higher power.

Saying that atheism is a religion kinda forces everyone in the world to have a religion, since gods are constructs of religion, and if you say not believing in a god is also a religion, that means religion is a thing everyone has, which isn't true.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[zw]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:02 am 
[*]
[*]
Willsaber wrote:
BlasterMaster wrote:

What does that have to do with my comment?

religion implies worship of a higher power
the only higher power atheists worship are memes and katanas

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:19 am 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Willsaber wrote:
BlasterMaster wrote:

What does that have to do with my comment?

religion implies worship of a higher power
the only higher power atheists worship are memes and katanas

Hey now, I will not stand for this gross misinterpretation of atheism

You forgot to include trilbies that are referred to as fedoras, thank you

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:16 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Just plain agnostic here. I have no idea if there's a god, and haven't found a good way to test if there is.

https://gamingreinvented.com/

Also, for Wario fans, check out Wario Forums today!

User page at mfgg.net

[ma]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:27 pm 
[*]
[*]
I'm a muslim.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:00 pm 
[*]
wicca

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 40 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic