Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 44 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [zz]
 Post subject: How did you guys come up with your usernames?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:04 am 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I'm really going nuts recently, creating tons of usernames until I get a good username for me. But all of the usernames I create end up sounding ridiculous or stupid (to me at least). I keep exploiting the admins to change my username really frequently because I can't decide for a good one :mad: . That's why I'm asking you this.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
 Post subject: Re: How did you guys come up with your usernames?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:25 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
The letter "Q" was one of my favorite letters and I had the usernames, "Hypernova" and "Supernova", in my mind for quite a while, which made me come up with the username "Q-Nova". Anyway, I think your usernames are fine. I personally liked the username "Spritepencil" best, although it's up to you on what should you do with your username.

I can say that at one time, I thought my username wasn't really good, and I even thought about changing my username. I later decided to just keep it the way it is, however, and I now thought it was nice in my opinion. I don't even want to change it (probably because I'm just so used to using it for a very long time). You could perhaps try using a username of yours for a while, and then see what do you think.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:37 am 
soverygrin
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Spritepencil seemed more recognizable in my opinion, but Transpencil is actually pretty catchy. It really depends on what you think is decent I guess. A nickname that I have grown up with personally is simply "z". The "x" in my username came up randomly, and decided to capitalize it for stylization. It really seems that most usernames come up randomly, and or when thinking of something you enjoy. :thumbsup:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:40 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
My full username is actually much longer.
Nite Shadow the Bio Freak.

Over time, I just decided to cut this down to Nite Shadow, since it would stretch the forum tables.
That, and most people just call me Nite anyway.

How I came up with it, is a much longer story, which I don't think would really fit here.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:43 am 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

it was randomly generated from a thing vinny made

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:46 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Walrus

I mean, Mors means walrus.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:03 am 
"I am one valuable card"
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
From the old times, I named myself as a "Sonicfan" (since I like Sonic very much, same thing as Mario and the others!) with the number "327". Yes, I know, It seems to be stupid anyway to call your self a fan in many levels. For example, there is a username called seen "SonicFan1535329" and "soinicfan39"* in other places in Youtube, Game Websites, and some other sites that has to do with "being a fan".

At least 2 years ago or now, I automatically made up the perfect name that fits me very well, called "SonicZetrex" or "SonicZetrx" (And no one even came up with it! :D).I don't know how I've came up with it, but I guess I have to thank the internet with that. Including my own character, which is my own icon for this username. "Guess the unexpected may be the unexpected"

So I guess that's how I got that amazing username, and
BTW, I like your old name "Spritepencil" the better. But it may not be for other people, so I guess there are different opinions around here! :laugh:
*I spelt it out on purpose.

Last edited by SonicZetrex on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NNID: SonicZetrex
User: SonicZetrx

Old Drawing Banners

Spoiler:

Things I support/others

Spoiler:

My favorite theme:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:08 am 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Zero's one of my most common nom de plumes from my earlier Internet days, and Kirby's my actual name. Exciting history!

The local psychic bit that I've had in my user title and signature for a long time now is thanks to that DJ Yoshiman fellow. When he was admin, he took a topic about headaches in the old Casual Conversation Castle and edited all the posts on the first page into sesquipedalian prose. One of them was mine, and he added the signature, "Your local psychic, Zero Kirby."

And I've been using it ever since, 'cause it's great.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:17 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
http://phpbb.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18351
http://phpbb.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=15525

Quote:
Basically, I joined a Donkey Kong 64 forum way way back in 2001. It was my first experience with a forum, and I was very surprised at just how quickly things happened. Unlike a website, you could refresh a forum and it would instantly have new content. (seems pretty dull by today's standards, but to a relatively new internet user like myself back in those days, I was pretty stunned by it).

Looking for a username, I saw that the current admin was called Klobber. He was popular, funny and working on a Mario fangame at the time as well, seemed like someone to aspire to so I chose a name very similar to his, also from Donkey Kong since we were on a DK forum... Kritter! I went through a few ideas from DK series, but Kritter clicked with me the most. I was never much for being social, so posting on a busy forum was a bit daunting to me, but DK64 Central was a cool place with cool people, like Retriever II!

Cue some other time in 2001 or whenever, I find out that Klobber has been posting on Bowser Tech's guestbook/forum thing, so I naturally pipe up and talk about my fangame to him very briefly. I believe he may have helped me with basic Boo AI as well. Sometime after that, I find that Bowser Tech has morphed into MFGG, and people like Klobber are already there. I sieze that opportunity to claim Kritter as my name on that website too, instead of using my real name, made an original fan-character who was a Goomba with glowing eyes, but later became a Magikoopa... and the rest is history.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:30 am 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Well, I used to change my name a lot, see? I've been a lot of names, but the one that stuck after all these years was Vitiman.

First, it was "Mega Vitiman Z", as a not-so-subtle homage to Dr. Mario (which remains amazing and anyone who dislikes it can go eat a thousand viruses). The typo wasn't exactly intentional, but it became a part of the name anyways and has since stuck. I remember one of the very first reactions anyone had to that name was posting a snapshot from I Love Lucy that made the same exact typo. It was there that I caught on and was like "...oops" but by then the damage had been done. Play it off as intentional, hope nobody notices :P

From there, it became Vitiman Z, and then finally just Vitiman when the first phpBB forum opened at the end of 2009. I was also Stalin once!

User page at mfgg.net

[tt]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:31 am 
:D
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
It started just as a username for this place, in Space year 2003. I love this guy from Paper Mario, so I picked that. Well it's always stuck. That's who I've been known as. I've gotten the urge to do some sort of Paratroopa OC/sona sort of thing, but I'm not a very creative person...
Elsewhere, I use the name Toastypk.
Toasty being the name of my Typhlosion from Pokemon, and PK for a certain Paper Mario character that was just mentioned.

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 am 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I couln't think of anything better back in the SMBXBR forums, and I stuck with it.

Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:00 am 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
I had my username for years (even before officially joining online). Not sure how I came up with it, but I can tell you that the "E" is nothing more than the first letter in my actual name.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:21 am 
Marle's my waifu
[*]
[*]
[*]
I took the word "vertices" and mangled it. Turned out to be an Italian noun.

User page at mfgg.net

[de]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:56 am 
... Coruption ...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Ben is part of my actual name and star, because why not :D

Paper Mario CC Progress:
General Progress, 8%

Games I support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:14 am 
always have a hot girl as your avatar
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
i was 11 and i thought it sounded cool when i joined here

I don't really use waifu seriously. The very definition of waifu is that you are in love with them and I'm not at the point where I would develop romantic feelings for an anime character. It's only... friendsu with benefitsu ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:44 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
I really like enchiladas. Enchlore is short for Enchilada Encore.

...actually, my username is completely random. Long ago I was making an account in a site and had no idea what to use as my nickname, so I took the word "chrome" (for no reason other than that it was the first word that came into my mind) and brutally mangled it until it became "Enchlore".

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:53 pm 
SMRPG Fanatic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
It's a indefinable combination of "yaki" from Japanese to cook something, and the word "bomb". It came to me when I was still in my early teens. I wanted a name that would represent several parts of me all at once. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

To me, the whole name means "to cook something that is explosive to taste" but it can be anything I want. But it can go beyond that scope and be many other different things if you read between the lines, which is "the good, the bad, and the ugly."

I think I like the name most because most people call me Yaki for short, which I adore.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:32 pm 
Space wife
[*]
just randomly made it up.

I guess i was looking for a robot like name or something and just came up with it, not very interestin but it is a short name after all.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:41 pm 
There's no time, hurry up
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Luigi = Weegee
Square/Squaresoft/Square Exix/whatever they call themselves now = Square

Weegee + Square = Weegeesquare.