Lord of the Realm
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
We all like games, love games, dislike games, and (or course) hate games. There's lots to chose from, old and new, but what are some games that plainly make you hate life so much that you want to grab a chainsaw and mow down a field of innocent babies (I've been watching some AVGN today >_>')? These can be games you find technically horrible, plainly unenjoyable, or simply hate on for reasons beyond that, like the crazy fans for it or simple dislike of the genre in general?

Personally, I have a big hate for a few games, but two that come to mind are "Final Fantasy" and "Kingdom Hearts". Funny thing is, I actually like/respect the early FF titles, just none of the modern ones (I was a bigger fan of the more medieval setting over this... whatever the heck it is now setting). As for Kingdom Hearts, I just... I donno how to describe it exactly. You know that feeling you get when your best friend gets a new car and takes you out driving in it, bragging about how awesome it is? It's that kind of feeling I get from the KH games (and FF in general too, I guess). I donno, maybe it's the fan-base of crazy nut-cases that orgasm at the sound of either franchise that distastes me, especially since I'm older now and don't get hyped about ANY video game anymore. Beyond that, the games are fun (sure), but I can't enjoy them as much as others is all, I guess. I plainly enjoy other games more. I also have no respect for games that either require simple time investment to become playable or games that can become OP RPGs, where everything dies way too easily (FF mostly hits this area).

Oh, I also hate most FPS games. Personally, I enjoy ones with a solid control scheme and a great, original twist within the mechanics (of which, I can't name any right now). What I do dislike though is generic, "run-and-gun" FPS games, and I SERIOUSLY don't get the fun in online play. What's the fun in running into an arena, gunning down a dude or two, only to be gunned down seconds later by someone else you had no hope in avoiding? It's not the case with all FPS games, but it's the case with a lot of the ones that are popular these days (or at least in the ones I hate). Whatever, I like some, but hate most. Boring and (for the most part) unsatisfyingly dumb.

But hey, don't read too much into my dislike either (and no one elses bellow). I have a deeper hate for more legit things in life than videos games. Be sure you all remember that, so no flaming/trolling occurs here.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
 Post subject: Re: Hated Commercial Games
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:20 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I honestly hate the majority of FPS games, for the same reasons you posted. Bubsy was also a complete shitload of physics at first, but then they really f**ked up with Bubsy 3D. They even went as far to make up an AWARD so it would sell.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:58 pm 
Space wife
[*]
Not exactly fond of alot of fps games, namely ones that try to be realistic. Ones like Unreal Tournament and Borderlands I love though.

Not exactly fond of puzzle games either as I cannot tolerate them for very long, and most turn based rpgs get on my nerves as well since most of them revolve around using the pattern of use normal attack/weak skill to kill normal enemies then buff party, use strongest attack, while healing occasionally for bosses. Although some turn based rpgs are quite delightful such as paper mario and some pokemon games.

I also intend to hate games that dont really bring in a decent ost, such as games that use nothing but ambient music, that's a major turn off for me. Other games like sonic brother hood or YIDS's ost really makes me lost motivation to play utterly fast.

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 pm 
It's not a tumor
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The only games I hate are H games. I can't stop people from making or enjoying them, I just personally wish they didn't exist.

All other games I'm indifferent to or like.

[tw]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:39 pm 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Hated some of the games made after TV shows or movies. They're poorly done or lack of gameplay.

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:43 am 
Why so serious?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Modern Military Shooters that plaque the shooter genre. Other are sports games that are essentially the same thing.

THIS IS THE PUN TAX! PAY THE PUN TAX! - Proton Jon

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:03 am 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Well, I really don't like the original Sonic games for the Genesis. Those games' controls are broken beyond belief, and, erm... they're slow.

The one time I played Mario Party 8, I really did not like it.

I've never habitually played commercial FPSes or even proprietary ones, just ones that are both free and gratis. I did play one of the Halo games and I think one of the Call of Duty games at someone else's house, but not very much. One thing I couldn't stand, though, was having to use analog sticks; mice are so much better. Regarding FPSes, I highly recommend AssaultCube and OpenArena, and Tremulous is also really cool. Nothing that I'm aware of compares to Doom and Freedoom for single player, however (though I have yet to try Aleph One).

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:56 pm 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Games made for the sole purpose of making money. Don't get me wrong, if you're a games developer in a big company and you make a game, obviously one of your goals is money. But there are also companies who just shell out one generic game after the other with the only goal being the short term success, but no innovation or originality whatsoever.

Guilty of this are for example a lot of "social" games which just rely on a skinner box mechanic to drag casual players in, or terrible movie tie-ins which are rushed to release at the same time as the movie.

I also hate games that try to appeal to casual players by making the user interface complicated as hell, and compensate this by dumbing down the gameplay/puzzles. (I'm looking at you, TellTale!)
The whole idea of making stuff accessible to a wider audience should be to not have the UI be the barrier between the player and the gameplay, not taking out the gameplay so bothering with the UI is the only challenge in the game.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:53 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
See what Capcom has become. They have completely abandoned their fans and their passion for games to make a quick buck in the growing app market.

That's what I hate.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:44 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Pedigree wrote:
See what Capcom has become. They have completely abandoned their fans and their passion for games to make a quick buck in the growing app market.

That's what I hate.

Yeah. Everything they've done with Mega Man as well, cancelling 2 new and somewhat hyped games (crazily hyped in Legends 3's case), and then releasing a really crappy and boring phone game to make up for it is almost insulting.

User page at mfgg.net

[se]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 am 
In Donaldismo Veritas
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I don't think I really hate any game. I either like it or am indifferent. The thing closest to hating would be when there's clearly a lot of potential, but it's left unused.

User page at mfgg.net

[ 11 posts ]