Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 23 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
game consoles you own., and any stories behind it i suppose.
 [us]
 Post subject: game consoles you own.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:10 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
talk about any game consoles you own, any stories behind it, and games you might have for it. or just post a list, choice is yours. ;)

What i own:

NES ($50.00 on Ebay, NES Power set)

SNES (Salvage, abused and neglected, and was in total dissaray when i got it, works like new now, need games)

Sega Genesis (Model 2, your gonna love this, I cleaned the sludge out of an IR remote control, and i scored this thing)

N64 (Computer repair deal, comp was a total nightmare of a virus/spyware/malware infection, well over 3000 found on that thing, hacked the rumble pack to operate without batteries.)

PS1"Door check intentionally broken" (Computer repair deal, Person just needed the system restored to factory specs, I busted the door check intentionally to allow
homebrew applications to be loaded Via Gameshark exploit)

PS2 (purchased from store)

origonal Xbox "Modded" (Junk deal, system would not power on when it was given to me, the firmware was corrupted, and the DVD drive was busted. I flashed a CFW to the hard drive, and decided to go farther, the Hard drive has now been replaced with one of larger capacity, This unit is one to impress the neighbors, containing everything under the sun)

Wii "Modded" (purchased from store, ive been following softmodding research on this unit,)

PS3 "modded" (purchased from store, same as wii)

monochrome brick style gameboy (Christmas present when i was a child)

Gameboy advance (Trade deal, I will let you tell everyone who you are, love this thing btw)

NDS "modded" (birthday present, decided to get a flashcart, used that to flash a CFW to the unit.

PSP 2000 "eaten" (purchased from store, dog ate it....)

atari flashback 3 (random gift from my brother. love old school :D )

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
 Post subject: Re: game consoles you own.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:50 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I'm a huge retro gamer, so here goes:

Atari 2600 - Works perfectly and comes with all the official cords and stuff! ^_^

Nintendo Entertainment System - I own 3 of these; 2 of them need new cartridge slot port things, and I've already fixed and cleaned the other. Unsurprisingly, the thing works like a charm!

Sega Master System - Came with all official hookups and controllers, even got the light gun with it! :D

SNES - Needed a new AC port to stop randomly resetting and a serious cleaning due to the previous owner's, err, questionable care for the system (I found it in a trash can that literally rolled down our house, nuff said). Works fine, though ^^

Sega Genesis, Model 1

Playstation, Model 1 - Own 2 of these, one no longer reads discs, the other works fine

Playstation, Model 2 (aka PSOne) - Had to re-wire the controller that came with the system (someone disconnected the X button for some really odd reason).

Sega Saturn

Nintendo 64 - This was arguably my very first game console, and I still love it ^^;

Sega Dreamcast - Found this poor guy without any of the hookups at a yardsale a couple of years ago. Needless to say, it worked perfectly, so I have no idea why the owner wanted to throw it out x_x;

Gamecube

Wii

And those are all of my consoles! Of course, I didn't count my handhelds, but if you want me to list those too, go ahead and say so XD

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:12 pm 
dataSKY - we connect the world
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Alrighty here, lets see.

Nintendo 64
Playstation 1 (1st Model)
Playstation 2 (Fat and slimmer models)
Xbox 360 (2005 model, still works only play it because of Halo 4)
Playstation 3 (Original fat model, never play it)
Wii (Got this a week or so after it came out, almost never play it)

As you can see I'm mostly never playing the newer consoles, I need to buy some of the older ones.

Last edited by Madox on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:20 pm 
Lucario and/or Braixen = best avatar
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

SNES - Had it as long as I can remember. Yoshi's Island, Inspector Gadget, Crash Dummies, SMW, and SMAS are the gemstones of this console to me.

N64 - Had it as long as I can remember too. Mario 64, Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart 64, Smash Bros, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, OoT, Paper Mario, and Mario Party 1 are my favorite games for this one.

GameCube (no longer have it, but I still own the games) - Got the Gamecube for Christmas when I was a little guy. My favorite games for it are Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 1 (the remake), Smash Bros Melee, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario: 1000 Year Door and some others I'm sure I'll remember later.

Xbox360 - Got it for my 16th-ish birthday. My favorite games for it are AC1 & 2, Resident Evil 5, the Gears of War series, and Alan Wake.

Wii - Got it for Christmas shortly after its release. My favorite games for it are Zelda: Skyward Sword, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Smash Bros Brawl, Wario Land Shake It, and Mario Kart Wii

PS3 - Got it for Christmas last year. My favorites for it are Resident Evil 6, Skyrim, AC Revelations, and Oblivion (yeah my library for the PS3 is extremely small atm)

PS2 - Got it from Ebay for $15. It was "broken", but all it really needed was to have the laser cleaned off, and now works like a brand new console. GTA SA, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and the Legend of Spyro Trilogy

GBA SP - Stole it from my sister cuz she doesn't play it anymore. the Mario advance games, SML1 & 2, Donkey Kong '94 (which I sold, regrettably) and Kirby's Dreamland 2 are my favorites for it.

3DS - Got it for my most recent birthday. I like all my 3DS games just about equally. (I have OoT 3D, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and NSMB2, but plan on soon adding Paper Mario Sticker Star and Luigi's Mansion 2). My DS favorites are NSMB, Mario Kart DS, Super Mario 64 DS, and Resident Evil DS (but I know I'm forgetting some, unfortunately XP).

and that's all I got atm. Plan on having a Wii U after Christmas :soveryhappy:

Last edited by smbmaster99 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:

Fangame(s) I support:
Spoiler:

You can find me on:
Image Image Image Image Image

These are my Smashers of choice:

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 pm 
Here's what I own:

GameBoy Advance SP: Got a silver one for my 4th birthday (that one is missing) got a gold special legend of zleda editon with minish cap for christmas when I was around 10.

Nintendo DS: Christmas, Nuff said.

Wii: the christmas of 2009 I think.

3DS: this one is great, got it 2 weeks before the price change, at costco for the lower price. Oh year I still got the ambassador program.

Gamecube: came from a freind of my mums.

Xbox 360: got it last christmas.

PS3: also last christmas.

PSP: from my dad.

PC: around $ 650 CAN. using christmas and birthday money 2 or 3 years ago.

Google Nexus S: yes this is a phone but it has apps, so. (THis is a samsung phone.)

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:31 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
TheIronMiner wrote:
Google Nexus S: yes this is a phone but it has apps, so. (THis is a samsung phone.)

I'm sorry, but you couldn't be farther from the truth. It's a phone, not a game console; just because you can play games on it doesn't make it a console.

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:31 pm 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Gameboy Color - ah the sweet nectar of 8-bit!
Nintendo DS - got it last year
Nintendo 3DS - got it after basic training, owns a lot of games.
Playstation 2 - the newer model

Not sure if iPhone and pc counts.

Last edited by Hypernova on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:43 pm 
dataSKY - we connect the world
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

An iPhone is, well a phone and the PC is well, a PC. Just because it plays games doesn't make it a console, as Vitiman said before me.

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 pm 
Great Time Champion
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Here is every system I own, iirc:

NES - I actually own two of these; I know where neither of them are.

SNES - Didn't actually have one of these until a few years ago.

Nintendo 64 - Had this for as long as I can remember.

Gamecube

Wii

Gameboy Color - I actually have two of these.

DS - One original, several DS Lites and one DSi.

3DS - An XL to be exact. I gave my original 3DS to my sister.

Genesis/Mega Drive - I think I'm missing a few cords for this one.

Game Gear

PS2 - A large, fat one and the thin model.

PS3 - Don't use this one much anymore.

And a few clone systems.

I may be forgetting a few but I think you guys get the gist of it.

Image | Image | Image | Image
Profiles
Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 pm 
it's ironic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Magnavox Odyssey - Basement. Like the following two consoles, my dad picked this up somewhere.

Colecovision - In the basement, as far as I know. I have some sort of roller controller accessory for it, two.

Atari 2600 - Two of them, fully boxed in the basement. Haven't been touched in ages.

Nintendo Entertainment System - Three of these. Only one is in the box, in a complete set. The boxed is an action set. I have a lot of various accessories, but I lack the ones I want the most, like the Max and the Advantage. They all work, as far as I know.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Jr. - The redesigned model. It used to belong to my grandmother. I remember playing Super Mario All-Stars with her when I was really young. She passed away when I was three years old. Her collection wasn't much, but included the aforementioned All-Stars, Super Mario Kart, Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday, Super Castlevania 4... Not sure what else. That's all I could find in my pap's basement.

Nintendo 64 (Original) - Belonged to my other grandma. She's still alive and well, but she gave it to me because she didn't have any use for it anymore. Came with a port of an arcade racer I remember playing at the movies, and she gave me a cleaning kit she bought and never opened as well. My other grandma who I mentioned before had one as well, but it's still at my pap's. She had Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, GoldenEye, Super Mario 64, and a few other games.

Sega Dreamcast - Belonged to my late grandma, was given to my dad first, then to me. I have Toy Commander, Resident Evil, House of the Dead 1 and 2, Dead or Alive 2, Evil Dead, and several more survival horror games. Always wanted Sonic Adventure. Never got it. Spent a lot of time gawking at that one screenshot on the box of Sonic and the whales.

Nintendo GameCube (Silver) - The first console I personally owned. Got it for Christmas as a little kid, same year it was released. Got Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion, and a few other games. I had Mario Party 4, but I can't remember when I got it. I had a lot of GameCube games.

Xbox (Black) - AKA the Morrowind machine. I don't think I played anything else.

Nintendo Wii (White/Original Model) - Chirstmas 2008. Got it with Brawl. Can't remember many of the games I had. I remember my mom getting mad at me for buying No More Heroes, but that's about it.

Xbox 360 (White/Original Model) - My dad's. I play mostly Left 4 Dead 2 and the Scott Pilgrim game from the XBLA. Not much of anything else.

As far as handhelds go, I had:

Nintendo Game Boy (Original/DMG/Gray) - Got it at a flea market.

Nintendo Game Boy Advance (Glacier) - Christmas, same year as the GameCube. Got Mario Advance 2 with it. Glacier color. Spent a lot of time with it, playing either the Mario Advance titles of Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. When I got the Game Boy Player for the GameCube, I started playing my GBA titles on there more than the GBA itself. I played Superstar Saga all the way through on only the GBP, but then played through again on the DS when I got it.

Nintendo DS (Silver) - I wish I knew what happened to it. Got it the year it came out for Christmas, alongside Nintendogs. Played a lot of the GBA Pokemon games on it, and played Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Ranger on it.

Nintendo DS Lite (Black and Silver Models) - My favorite of the DS series. Played a lot of the DS Pokemon titles on it. This was back when I donned my original Pokemon Trainer reference.

Nintendo DSi (Blue) - Got it for my birthday in 2010. Now belongs to my sister, who trashed it. I had no say so in that matter. I had to give it to her upon receiving the 3DS.

Nintendo 3DS (Black) - Got it for Christmas last year with Super Mario 3D Land. Then I bought Mario Kart 7.

I'm at a loss for information on a lot of these because the only remaining ones I have are one of my NES's, my GameCube, and my dad's consoles. When I moved out of my mom's house my stepdad kept all my other consoles and games. I need to get them back somehow.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:52 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I wasn't planning on making any posts in this new General Chat but I cannot resist a "consoles you own" topic. Between my fiancée and I, we own a fair bit, we were lucky in that when we met, we didn't have much console overlap (She had mainly Sega and Sony, I had mainly Nintendo) so the collection essentially doubled.

Commodore Vic20 - Sadly this is probably the only console we own that doesn't really work, at least that I can tell.
Commodore 64 Tape System and Disk Drive - We own a plethora of tapes and boxed disks for this, and a new cable to hook it up to modern TV's. Glorious.
Atari 2600 Woody - My grandparents owned this one, many a happy hour was spent playing this in front of their TV as a child. Needs a new power supply.
Atari 2600 Junior - My fiancée's lesser Atari.
NES - Bought this at a Toy Fair a few years ago. Since then my game collection has gotten OK.
NES Top-loader - Found this cheap in a local Cash Converters. Fools always sell their prizes cheaply.
Super Nintendo - My fiancée owns this one, but half the games we have now are things i've bought.
N64 - Got this for a birthday many many years ago, was just playing Banjo Kazooie on it yesterday. It's still awesome. Bought a Pokemon branded one a few years ago, just for fun.
Gamecube - Another birthday present or something along those lines
Wii - We own two of these because we weren't living together at the time, and both pre-ordered one.
PS1 - I think we own around 5 of these, including the mini PS1 with the LCD screen attachment.
PS2 - Another fiancée owned console, loads of games.
PS3 - Bought this myself years ago
Xbox - Bought this a few years back because I wanted to play games i'd not been able to. Still have to get around to half of them.
Sega Master System - My first console I owned myself, received as a birthday present as a kid along with built-in Sonic 1.
Sega Mega Drive - Of course she owned this one
Sega Saturn - I bought this a while ago on a whim
Sega Dreamcast - My fiancée's prized Dreamcast, of which many hours of playing Sonic Adventure were spent
Gameboy - Bought this at a market with Kirby, mainly because I always wanted one
Gameboy Color - My fiancée's, used mainly for Pokemon back in the day
Gameboy Advance - Xmas present
Nintendo DS - Got it on release day
Nintendo DS Lite - Convinced my fiancée to get this a few years ago when they were cheap, so we could play stuff together
Playstation Portable - Bought 1, screen was busted. Bought a second one and it works, then got the first screen fixed. Now we have two.
Atari Lynx - Had one as my first handheld system, got it as an Xmas present and was sorely disappointed to find it wasn't a Gameboy. Still got hours of play out of it though, until my brother broke it. I bought a new one a while back to replace that one.
Game Gear - Bought it at a junk market along with around 10 games

If the PC was a console i'd take a photo of my collection of old PC games.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:14 pm 
Two Wiis and a handful of DSes.

[se]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:10 am 
In Donaldismo Veritas
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Game Boy Advance
Nintendo DS Lite (its battery is swollen, so I can't use it)
Nintendo 3DS

SNES
Wii
Xbox 360

Used to have a Gamecube, but I foolishly sold it when I got my Wii.

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:30 am 
Why so serious?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
SNES (at my sister's place)
N64 (same as above)
NGC
Wii
PS2 (I have no idea where it is)
PS3 (at my brother's place)
NDS lite (same as above)
3DS (the regular model)

Why no Xbox? Because I do most of my gaming on PC.

THIS IS THE PUN TAX! PAY THE PUN TAX! - Proton Jon

User page at mfgg.net

[kp]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:37 pm 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
hmm, let's see what I have lying around

SNES - Was given to me at some point? It's a nice console, but I don't have many games for it and don't feel like paying the tons of money for older games or going on a hunt through thrift stores and whatnot for them. I used to have a nice collection of games but...

N64 - I got this for xmas one year, and my mom sold my SNES and NES and their games like right after so I was left with an N64 and like 2 or 3 games? that sucked. I like my n64 but I don't really feel the need to hook it up and play it ever.

PSX - is there any reason to keep this around since the ps2 can do everything it can do? not really

PSone - my cousin left his here at one point and it ended up in my room. I don't even think I have the cables to hook it up!

PS2 - perfect console, and now that I have some homebrew stuff working on it I can't see any reason to ever get rid of it

GCN - my brother broke my old one and got a new one for himself at one point. that one's broken now too. I don't know what the deal is with GCNs breaking, because I've heard of so many cases of it. but a few years ago I got a used one for a really cheap price and it works well for when I want to play it.

PS3 - not really mine but it might as well be as I'm really the only one who uses it. Can't say I have a lot of games for it, but there isn't really a console this gen I could say there's games I really want for

as far as handhelds go

GBC - it's yellow and it's cool

GBA - it's the arctic white model or whatever they called it. i remember always having trouble seeing games on it because they were so dark...

GBA SP - it's the nes model and it's awesome! except I think the L/R buttons are dying or dead? I should look into fixing that sometime

DS - the original model. the hinges broke so the top screen doesn't work anymore.

DSi - I got this because I needed a new DS. it's fun i just wish it could play GBA games

pretty sure that's everything I have console wise. there's like a 360, 3 wiis, 2 other ps2s, and i think a few portables in my house too but they're not mine and I can't say I ever really touch them.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:20 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I couldn't care less that you guys don't consider the PC to be a console. The only differences between the PC and console are as follows:

1. Console games are severely limited by their hardware while PC games live on hardware that is more easily and frequently upgraded. The right build on a PC will last you much longer than the life of most consoles.
2. PCs have a broader game library than consoles.
3. PC games are often cheaper than their console versions.

Etc. I could go on. With consoles these days expanding their features beyond gaming, you can't really claim that the PC isn't just for gaming like a console is. They are both multimedia devices.

I own a PC built for gaming and a Nintendo WiiU.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:58 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Pedigree wrote:
I couldn't care less that you guys don't consider the PC to be a console. The only differences between the PC and console are as follows:

1. Console games are severely limited by their hardware while PC games live on hardware that is more easily and frequently upgraded. The right build on a PC will last you much longer than the life of most consoles.
2. PCs have a broader game library than consoles.
3. PC games are often cheaper than their console versions.

Etc. I could go on. With consoles these days expanding their features beyond gaming, you can't really claim that the PC isn't just for gaming like a console is. They are both multimedia devices.

I own a PC built for gaming and a Nintendo WiiU.

when you put it that way, I have an Xbox that's a multiple game console hub with several million games on it.
its effectively a mid range PC with the technical modifications ive made to it.

However, you are right in the aspect of the PC as a game console, even the standard game consoles of today are leaning toward multimedia capabilities found commonly in PCs.

the noted game library available for PC's is proof that it can be a viable game console.
Competition being the downside and upside of any given console, This includes PC.

For example, One will never find God of war on any Nintendo console.

User page at mfgg.net

[kp]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:23 pm 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
You are of course free to consider your own hardware whatever you want

I think the distinction between game console and a platform that supports games simply lies in what it's main selling point or purpose is. We can look at a PS3, for example, and say look at all the stuff it can do, but the main reason people are going to buy it over a standard blu ray player or whatnot is because it can play games.

I'm sure some people would consider an iPhone a game console, but eh

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:25 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
There are people who build computers for gaming too, and they do, so it's not like game consoles are the only systems bought specifically to play games on.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:26 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
The definition of "game console" is loose enough that, yes, you could call your PC a legitimate game console. However, I was referring to what people generally refer to a game console: a piece of hardware that's main purpose is to play video games, usually with a controller (or any form of user input device), and most of the time in front of a TV or monitor. Again, under loose circumstances, a PC could fit right into that general definition, but not all PC's are game consoles; it all depends on your own specific setup, as expected.

As for smartphones... erm... it's kind of cringe inducing to hear people refer to them as game consoles.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 23 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic