Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 90 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [au]
 Post subject: Re: Nite Shadow has resigned
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:22 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Spritey wrote:
Yeah at least our community actually exists and isn't just a platform for a hobby that has been superseded by Mario Maker lmao

Stay there then.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:10 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Spritey, you would be wise to tone down the MFGG vs. MW rhetoric. If you don't like MFGG or don't want to hang out here, that's fine. Just keep in mind that the two communities are not enemies on a battlefield - trying to start a war between them isn't helpful for either side. I've seen a bunch of posts that sound as if you think we're in some kind of competition, but that's not the case at all. MFGG and MW are two very different communities, each with a very different mission and vision. And that's totally OK! MFGG's emphasis is on making games, especially Mario-based fangames, while MW's focus is on its community and unique "metagame". That's not to say that we don't care about community or goofing off from time to time on MFGG - those have long been part of MFGG's culture - but fangaming is still our core purpose and the reason that we keep drawing in new members. I can't say there are as many fangames being produced as there were a decade ago, but fangaming is by no means dead - the quality of fangames is better than ever, and MFGG has a growing indie scene too. There's no reason that MFGG and MW can't coexist peacefully, or have members who are active on both sites.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:19 am 
I'll see you all at 3:15!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Spritey wrote:
Yeah at least our community actually exists and isn't just a platform for a hobby that has been superseded by Mario Maker lmao

MW's relevance rides on the coattails on this hobby that's apparently been "superseded" by Mario Maker lmao

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:34 am 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Quote:
It happens on MW all the time, shrug.

Yeaaah I've seen MW's "good community" and I'm not really convinced.

To be fair, what I've seen of MW recently is actually pretty good. It seems like a forum where buddies go to hang out.

But Spritey really needs to stop. Fangames are by no means dead. Mario Maker is an extremely ****ty platform to replace fangames with; you get better creative mileage out of Hello Engine (which is right here at MFGG btw ;))

Here at MFGG the only time the split get brought up is when the occasional member says that it was a bad idea (which is still as debateable as ever; I don't know which side of the fence I'm on). I'm surprised that a leader of MW is still trying to throw it in our face though. A year ago all that was left to do with MW was to book the funeral. You guys revamped it and boom, the community is alive (though I'm willing to bet with the same number or less active members than us). We're going through the same process right now of revamping. If things work out as well for us as they did for MW (as in, same % of growth), we'll probably be noticably larger than MW and with thriving creative content.

tl;dr the only reason MW can be conceived as better is because of changes that happened in the last year. Don't come around trying to throw stones at our changes.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:52 am 
12 years god help me
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Jeez you guys really take salt seriously, I'm not used to artificial etiquette anymore. It's really not fun to post here. Here's hoping those new updates are able to do something about the cloud of dourness hanging over this board. I know it might not seem like it, but I do want MFGG to succeed.

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:54 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Spritey wrote:
Jeez you guys really take salt seriously. It's really not fun to post here. Here's hoping those new updates are able to do something about the cloud of dourness hanging over this board. I know it might not seem like it, but I do want MFGG to succeed.

We just have the kind of environment where if you post about MFGG being a terrible, worthless community -- in comparison to the "competing" community you run -- in a thread about a long-time member resigning in sadness, we're not going to think you're being funny about it

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:09 am 
12 years god help me
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Yeah that's fair, I apologize. Like I said in the other thread I have no context about what's going on here so I'm pretty much just ****posting. I like to drum up the whole MW/MFGG rivalry thing but it doesn't seem to be received well so I'll cut it out.

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:12 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I don't want you to get a bad impression about us; that's precisely what we're trying to avoid these days. I just really didn't know you were joking.

Humorous salt needs to be introduced slowly here lol

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 am 
12 years god help me
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
BullockDS wrote:
Spritey wrote:

MW's relevance rides on the coattails on this hobby that's apparently been "superseded" by Mario Maker lmao

This is good, this is the kind of response I was aiming for. Instead I ended up feeling guilty that everyone took me seriously fff

I don't know how to into traditional forums

[gs]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:31 pm 
Yeah I don't think current MFGG is the place to be trying to ****post. I do think that the attitude could lighten up some (Not to Minus World's extent, that wouldn't fit the place) but given how Minus World got formed in the first place I don't think it's likely to happen.

I think the split worked out for the better on both ends. MFGG has managed to build an entire new community up (plus brought back many older faces that previously left) that is far more focused on fangaming than earlier iterations, and Minus World is still a great and fun community for those who want it and has even attracted some more recent MFGG members over. I honestly don't wish to incite even joke salt up between the two sites.

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:36 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Draku wrote:
Yeah I don't think current MFGG is the place to be trying to ****post. I do think that the attitude could lighten up some (Not to Minus World's extent, that wouldn't fit the place) but given how Minus World got formed in the first place I don't think it's likely to happen.

I think the split worked out for the better on both ends. MFGG has managed to build an entire new community up (plus brought back many older faces that previously left) that is far more focused on fangaming than earlier iterations, and Minus World is still a great and fun community for those who want it and has even attracted some more recent MFGG members over. I honestly don't wish to incite even joke salt up between the two sites.

Basically this, MFGG is a community with different values than a Minus World type of forum. The two shouldn't even be compared because they exist for different reasons.

Can't adhere to the values of a traditional, focused community? This isn't the place for you. Minus World shouldn't ever be seen as the ideal community, you only have to take a brief walk through the place to see that.

It's a tad annoying that this discussion is happening in this topic though.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:02 am 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Quote:
Minus World shouldn't ever be seen as the ideal community, you only have to take a brief walk through the place to see that.

You know, you could stand not to insult an entire community because one person decided to take a piss here. Not to mention it further derails the thread that you want to get back on track.

Nite Shadow means well and although I never saw eye to eye with him in the past I wish him all the best of luck as a regular member of the forum.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:20 am 
artwork by mit
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Thanks for your service, Nite Shadow.

Spritey wrote:
This is not very good PR. :( I like both communities, although-

Spritey wrote:
I apologize. Like I said in the other thread I have no context about what's going on here so I'm pretty much just ****posting. I like to drum up the whole MW/MFGG rivalry thing but it doesn't seem to be received well so I'll cut it out.
-yeah I guess not everyone can really maintain the whole Jekyll and Hyde act that I seem to have nailed. It can get frustrating but the rulesets of the two sites have drifted pretty far apart. Kritter seems to have worded it a little more eloquently than me but I have the experience of enjoying both websites consistently; I don't think a year has gone by since The Split where I've stopped posting on MFGG. And even before The Split I was always this slow with fangame development :P

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:34 am 
this must be what hillary clinton meant when she said you needed a public and a private persona

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:41 am 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
LKA wrote:
this must be what hillary clinton meant when she said you needed a public and a private persona

Who are you?

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:46 am 
Willsaber wrote:
LKA wrote:

Who are you?

i survived the zeke wars
i was there for early ncfcs
i ran the super mario war forums
i am the beginning, i am the end

i left when the ppp was killed because i didn't have anywhere else i could fit in, there like wasnt even a general chat board left anymore after that iirc

[mx]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:02 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
This is a pretty big loss for the administration team. He did his job well.

[11:11:51 PM] Stacks-of-Phone: Gato will eventually ascend, his consciousness transferred to hard disk
[11:12:00 PM] Stacks-of-Phone: he lives the rest of his life, a live2D facerig

User page at mfgg.net

[cl]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:53 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Now that I read the complaint about Nite, I'm pretty upset. It shouldn't be allowed to make public complaints about some user. Being a good or bad staff member is subjective and open to interpretation. If you think someone is being a bad staff member, just keep it to yourself.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:15 am 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
But the issue is that he was a staff member, the staff is responsible for what goes on, the experience, quality and order in the forums, so you need to keep an opinion on their job. :)

Spoiler:

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:18 am 
Watashi Wa
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Iroha Nekomura wrote:
If you think someone is being a bad staff member, just keep it to yourself.

Absolutely do the opposite of this.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 90 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic