[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Cap'n Coconuts wrote:
Kid
he's 18, not 12

Also, I still think an official MFGG chat could work, but I don't want it to happen because the last attempt of that was MFGG IRC and it was pretty bad imo
I just don't trust MFGG at this point.

[zz]
 Post subject: Re: Nite Shadow has resigned
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:25 am 
I don't know anything about the current MFGG but the old MFGGIRC was definitely more around the PPP crowd way back in the day, so much so that it's the MW crowd in it now and nobody has come in to reclaim it.

I believe that if you tried to start up a new official chat, it would go more the way the NCFC chats went - civil, less baiting-based humor, more talking about stuff going on on the forums, recent gaming event discussion, etc. It would need moderation to follow that path of course, and real-time chat moderation is an entirely different beast compared to forum moderation (as I have learned recently) but with the new prevalence of stuff like Discord it would be easy enough to make a nicely organized chat setup that fosters quickly passing subjects while still keeping forum activity around for longer-term discussion threads.

The moment you tie realtime chat with a forum is when it gets tricky though:
- Do offenses in the chat count against the forum?
- Are forum-banned users automatically banned from the chat?
- What do you do if you find out a long-time banned user has been in the chat for months, contributing good content?

So on, so forth.

I'm sure the input of a user that hasn't been around for roughly six or seven years (and has 3 [now 4!] posts in the previous five) is probably not something you'd value very highly, but here's my $0.02 regardless.

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:46 am 
Watashi Wa
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Imo these are some pretty easy questions

LKA wrote:
- What do you do if you find out a long-time banned user has been in the chat for months, contributing good content?

-Yes
-Yes
-Unban them, they're cool now.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:08 am 
Just cooking food for my Yoshi.
[*]
[*]
I think he resigned because probably he was too busy.

As far as I can see, he hasn't posted in a few months.

If I were to give you a rating, it would be -1 out of 10.
Don't forget!
scaled image

mfgg is bad i hate it cuz meiro is totes terre sonac IS betar!!

My Gaming forum, called "The Gamer's Castle"!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:13 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Did you look at the day this topic was posted?

He hasn't posted because of his resignation. There were other factors that contributed to it that I don't think you were active here to see, iirc

[gb]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:51 pm 
Just cooking food for my Yoshi.
[*]
[*]
[DUMBFOUNDED]

If I were to give you a rating, it would be -1 out of 10.
Don't forget!
scaled image

mfgg is bad i hate it cuz meiro is totes terre sonac IS betar!!

My Gaming forum, called "The Gamer's Castle"!

User page at mfgg.net

[ph]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:50 am 
The Extended Tileset-inator
[*]
[*]
Of course, he obviously resigned because he said that he was extremely unfit for being part of the site staff, as I can recall from reading one of his replies to a certain topic.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/Jaden1291
Subscribe to my Geometry Dash YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/GeometryDashAgentJDN

I play Geometry Dash also. I'm a level creator too, check out my levels!

Feel free to give me ideas for new extended tilesets! Also check out my Sprite Topic where I post my art stuff:
https://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14500

WARNING: Big Signature
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 pm 
Wafer-thin Animator
[*]
[*]
[*]
Over the past few days, I've been communicating with Nite about the whole situation and examined the posts I've seen. While your statement does have some truth in it, Jaden, there's more to the story than that. Nite did say something along the lines that he was unfit to be part of the staff, but I think it had to do lacking the thick skin for it. I'm not saying that his skin is comparable to an onion, but even the the most emotionally resilient would crack under the right amount of pressure. For Nite's case, he was bombarded with one spiteful comment after another to the point where he felt like they were true. Had he not resign, let's just say he would have done something rash. Besides, it's not like MFGG is owned and operated by robots. Otherwise, moderation will be handled with a system not unlike the YouTube Automated Copyright System (and that won't be pretty).

As for the comments that played a part in this, there's not much I can say without escalating the situation. What I can tell you about the ones I reviewed is that they amount to making observations with a limited point of view and jumping to conclusions as a result. On top of that, there was a bunch of lashing out on both sides that prevented a mutual understanding from happening.

Unless I'm told otherwise, that's all I'm going to say on this episode in public. If you have any questions or want to understand it in better detail, just send me a PM.

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:52 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
E-Man wrote:
stuff
I don't think it's a good idea to come to a conclusion only by listening to one side of the story.

Besides this, this drama is months old, let it die already.

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:45 am 
Wait, did I post something?
LKA wrote:
I don't know anything about the current MFGG but the old MFGGIRC was definitely more around the PPP crowd way back in the day, so much so that it's the MW crowd in it now and nobody has come in to reclaim it.

I believe that if you tried to start up a new official chat, it would go more the way the NCFC chats went - civil, less baiting-based humor, more talking about stuff going on on the forums, recent gaming event discussion, etc. It would need moderation to follow that path of course, and real-time chat moderation is an entirely different beast compared to forum moderation (as I have learned recently) but with the new prevalence of stuff like Discord it would be easy enough to make a nicely organized chat setup that fosters quickly passing subjects while still keeping forum activity around for longer-term discussion threads.

The moment you tie realtime chat with a forum is when it gets tricky though:

So on, so forth.

I'm sure the input of a user that hasn't been around for roughly six or seven years (and has 3 [now 4!] posts in the previous five) is probably not something you'd value very highly, but here's my $0.02 regardless.

Nail on the head, moderation of a live chat is work, not like casually going through reports, you need to be active in your moderation and in the chat at the same time for it.

However, I think your tricky bits are a pretty easy answer of "Yes", "Yes", "based on numerous things and not necessarily good content".

Honestly, that chat was probably why I stuck around as long as I had.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 90 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic