Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 71 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG Awards 2016 - NOMINATIONS
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:57 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Don't forget! Tomorrow is the last day to submit your MFGG Awards nominations. Make your vote count!

Also, I took a glance at the ballots and saw that someone nominated Psycho Waluigi for MFGG Awards. For the games categories, nominated games should be something that the creator worked on during the calendar year of 2016 and shared on MFGG. I give nominations the benefit of the doubt, but Psycho Waluigi was finished in 2011 and clearly isn't eligible. Feel free to update your PM and replace it with a game that is eligible.

User page at mfgg.net

[cl]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:20 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I would still argue about why best musician is better than best composer but I guess Ill keep my mouth shut for now. I must say its a pretty good idea to promote yourself, also saying those self promotions make you wanna vote someone else is actually a pretty good thing and makes it fair. Honestly, dont vote someone just for helping you with resources for your game. This attitude is gonna bring MFGG Awards to absolute ****. You might as well totally remove the voting phase and reward the ones who have the most friends or supporters or something like that, I dunno. As for me, you could vote me for best artist or best composer. I guess nobody would vote me if I dont say this because you guys probably dont even know Im an artist and musician. Check my latest stuff in my art thread to understand what I mean. Oh and I definitely should win the friendliest inactive member award. I am definitely the friendliest and Im also inactive because lately I post like only on forum games and those posts dont count. Perfectly describes myself. Also bigpotato definitely should win the best spriter award.

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:27 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Iroha Nekomura wrote:
I am definitely the friendliest
That's not something you can decide.

[cl]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:29 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Maybe you have a point. It could be subjective and open to interpretation.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:05 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
claiming yourself as "the best artist, composer, and friendliest member" is probably a surefire way to not get nominated for any of those things.

[br]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm 
[*]
[*]
JACK-OF-ALL-TRADES: Mario350
(just kidding).

Last edited by Minerador Slime on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[cl]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:55 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
No, I am not claiming to be the best at anything. Im merely joining everyone at self promotion

Honestly, why do you have to pick on me while others do the same thing?

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:13 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Well, I also complained about others doing that, you just completely missed the point of that post.
Also, no one else claimed they deserved a category most, unlike you.

[cl]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:20 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
That was a minor thing... Its as if you think a very minor difference in the way of speech gives you a good reason to pick on someone. I would argue that you all are at the same level as me or higher.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:38 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
in my defense i actually hadn't seen people were self-promoting in the thread which i honestly think is kinda stupid.

it's one thing to just compile a post with what you've worked on in the past year for ease of access, however criticizing others whilst also promoting yourself is pretty contradictory. also, like mors said, nobody outright said they deserve best anything. claiming nobody will vote for you because "they don't know you draw/compose" couldn't be farther from the truth, believe me.

[cl]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:48 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
You hadnt seen other people self promoting themselves? My apologies then. I could not make a compilation of my stuff because I have limited access on my phone. So I just said check my latest stuff in my art thread. About the criticizing, I would argue its not my fault because you guys criticize me and only me and in my defense I am not the only one. I had no choice but you guys dragged me into this.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:14 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Iroha Nekomura wrote:
I am definitely the friendliest
I think this is probably why people are getting on your case in particular. It sounds pretty arrogant, to be honest. (I know you aren't, but the way it's worded it gives away that impression)

Also, I don't really care about getting nominated myself. I just felt like it was a fun thing to do to join on that self-promotion bandwagon. That ridiculous banner should've given away I wasn't really serious about it, though I can see that it rubbed some people the wrong way in hindsight.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[cl]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:27 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Ah, that makes sense. I guess I just arent good at expressing myself, but its unfair how I get picked on a lot just for that little thing. I think people in this forum dont have any empathy for me, but at least you do realize I didnt mean to be arrogant. I kindly appreciate that.

And in my defense, Ive seen a lot of arrogant posts from many people in this forum and they dont get picked on for that so I still find it unfair how they pick on me more often. To prove it, my friend Evol helped me realize MFGGers have been picking on me a LOT in the Skype group, and its true. I feel disqualified...

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:42 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Iroha Nekomura wrote:
That was a minor thing...

That's a perfectly reasonable reason to object to your post. Though it's far from the only issue with yours.

Part 1:
Spoiler:

Part 2:
Spoiler:

Part 2 1/2
Spoiler:

Part 3
Spoiler:

So that's why you shouldn't ask to be nominated for Best Artist, Best Composer, or Friendliest Inactive Member.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:48 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
to be fair to anyone self promoting in the thread for the most part all it amounted was basically linking to some stuff they did and saying "for your consideration" or at least that's what I did

it would be very different if there were giant, obnoxious signature banners during the nomination / voting phase saying "VOTE WHATEVER FOR WHENEVER", but that really isn't the case and it kind of ended like 2 pages ago so it's not like people are saying "AND REMEMBER, VOTE FOR ME OKAY"

User page at mfgg.net

[id]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:46 pm 
-
Aw come on fellas! We're not talk about him, this is the competiton, anyone could win if anyone has passion and guts to do it, don't just take him out before the battle, fight it out as the battle goes ok?

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:08 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
JoddyFubuki788 wrote:
Aw come on fellas! We're not talk about him, this is the competiton, anyone could win if anyone has passion and guts to do it, don't just take him out before the battle, fight it out as the battle goes ok?

The "battle" was all of last year, and last year is over. Nothing anybody does right now would significantly affect the outcome.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:19 pm 
stop picking on Iroha Nekomura, you people should be ashamed of yourselfs for picking on a nice person who just wants to express his personality to others, what is the reason all of you people did the promoting for, just for fun, right, exactly. He just wanted to spread his talent in which all you people should be doing to, everyone has talent no matter the condition He/She in, self promoting doesn't simply mean being the best, it means you were willing to take bold decisions to become someone memorable to others.

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:24 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
pointing something out is not picking on him.

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:30 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Nobody is picking on anybody. We're criticizing him for saying he's definitely the friendliest. That's a really arrogant thing to say. It's not a double standard; nobody else said anything like that and meant it. I jokingly said something like that, but it was 100% joke and 0% serious.

It's not even a big enough deal to still be talking about it. His self-promotion included 0 examples or reasons and said completely seriously that he's definitely the best, so we called it out. That's all that needs to be said.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 71 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic