Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 71 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [us]
 Post subject: MFGG Awards 2016 - NOMINATIONS
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:35 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

MFGG Awards 2016

An interesting year has concluded. And we all know what the dawn of the new year means - MFGG Awards ballots!

As a reminder, MFGG Awards consists of two phases - the Nomination Phase and the Voting Phase. In the Nomination Phase, you nominate a member name (in the individual categories) or a game title (in the games categories). The five people/games with the most nominations per category will move on to the final voting in two weeks. After the final voting ends, the staff will tally the winners and announce them in another topic. The winners receive an MFGG Awards 2016 badge. Who knows - somebody might even nominate you!

Here's how the nomination phase works:
1. Copy this list of categories:
Spoiler:

2. Enter ONE name per category
Please enter the name instead of the description. Remember that you're not allowed to nominate yourself.

3. Send your nominations per PM to: MFGG Awards

Nominations end on Sunday, January 15 at 11:59 P.M. Eastern time, and then we will tally up the results and begin the Voting Phase.

Please try to fill out as many categories as possible. We reserve the right to omit a category in the final voting if only a few people vote in the nominations phase. If you need ideas for the game categories, take a look at games that won Game of the Month awards or Minigame Competitions in 2016, as well as submissions that consistently earned positive reviews on the mainsite. For the individual categories, I recommend exploring the MFGG forums to find examples of quality work that you might've missed.

If you're unsure about anything, don't be afraid to ask!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG Awards 2016 - NOMINATIONS
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:48 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I sent mine in already! Have you sent yours?

Rock The Vote MFGG!

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:53 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
When voting for characters and members for Favorite Original Character and Friendliest Inactive Member respectively, can we vote for anyone as long as they were in MFGG's history, or are we only allowed to vote for those that showed up in this year? Also, guys, I would like to say that the Super Competitions and Joke Game Contests in 2016 also have some games you could take a look at, if you are trying to find ideas for what games to vote for.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how this will go!

Last edited by Q-Nova on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:59 pm 
Watashi Wa
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I have done the thing!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:01 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Oh gosh. What even came out in 2016?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:49 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Willsaber wrote:

Super Charisma Bros. 8, Mario Pong, Mario Visits His Great Uncle in the USSR, and Spoopy Maryo Typing

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:08 pm 
Watashi Wa
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I too will mention my works for 2016:

Khimera: Destroy all Monster Girls
Final Boss EX
War Girl NCFC Demo

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:26 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Your nominations for Favorite Original Character and Friendliest Inactive Member don't have to be games released in 2016 or members who registered in 2016. Saddest Celebrity Death should be someone who passed away in 2016, though.

For the game categories, however, all nominations should be for games released in 2016, or at least games where the developer posted proof that they were actively working on the game in 2016. Furthermore, I would recommend limiting the "Best Game" categories - Best Game Overall, Best Non-Mario Game, and Best Minigame - to games that have actually been released. In recent times, there's been a lot of discussion about unreleased games winning the "big" awards. We haven't set a firm rule about this issue, but I think it makes sense to focus on finished projects for those categories.

I'll hop aboard the "what I made in 2016" train, too.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:40 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Mario Pong For Every Category 2016

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:11 am 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Friendly Dictator wrote:
Mario Pong For Every Category 2016

It's spoopy maryo but good

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:45 am 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Kirby's Adventure wrote:
Willsaber wrote:

Super Charisma Bros. 8, Mario Pong, Mario Visits His Great Uncle in the USSR, and Spoopy Maryo Typing

Wow, 2016 was on fire. Especially that first and third one, I heard Mario Visits His Great Uncle in the USSR changed lives - you can't make stuff like that up. I salute you, video game ;n;7

Gonna submit some sick nominations soon, WATCH OUT

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:01 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Vote me for everything

Yes, including Ugliest Badge, Friendliest Inactive Member and Saddest Celebrity Death

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:44 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Since a couple others are doing it, I decided to show a list of games I made in 2016:

• Beat: the Game - Complete (though, it's pretty short).
  • Battle in the Future - In progress (a demo is available).
  • Bob-Ball vs. Toads - In progress, the following are links to some of the screenshots of the game that were posted on 2016 (ordered from first to latest): 1, 2, 3.

I also contributed to Super Mario Flashback, by making some sprites for it. If you want to know which ones I did, the sign and ! Switch mugshots (the former of which was edited by Mors a bit) were sprites I did that are seen in the latest demo.

Last edited by Q-Nova on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:02 pm 
I hate yellow balls of consumption.
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
As mentioned in the original post, feel free to look at what won a Game of the Month award to see some generally good picks for nominations. Likewise, I'll post what I released this year too:

• Annalynn - A simple arcade game made for a Super Competition. Play as a miner girl seeking to collect treasure while avoiding the dangerous Venom Brood.
  • Super Mario 64: Really Good Edition - Quite obviously a game in the joke game category, this parodies the N64 classic in ways that are...less than serious. Play as Mario350 and collect Power Starmen for whatever reason you collect things in a derp game.
  • Pac-Man Megamix - Probably my personal favorite, this is a game that takes the simple formula of the arcade original while also adding bonus features, new and old. Pac-Man isn't exactly rocket science (eat dots, avoid ghosts), but hopefully you get something more out of this than you did the original.
  • Psycho Waluigi: The Return to Unconcia - Probably my greatest accomplishment this year, this surely blows the orignial cult classic out of the water. It's so good! Even better than Super Mario 64: Really Good Edition! Play it now! Or never! Or both! (no idea why this would win a nomination but if you want it to, there you go)

User page at mfgg.net

[cl]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:24 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Honestly, why best composer? It should be by all means best musician. Music isn't just about composing

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:54 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
i made charisma 8 you should go vote for that it's the last charisma ever so you gotta pay your respects

Quote:
Honestly, why best composer? It should be by all means best musician. Music isn't just about composing

while this isn't entirely untrue, I don't suppose you know anyone who frequents MFGG who is only a performer of music and not a composer and/or arranger, do you?

come to think of it, I barely know any musicians period on MFGG apart from myself and CoN. There's always Doc, but he posts so little nowadays I'm not sure he counts

I don't see CoN a lot either anymore, huh

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:58 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Conan O'Brien wrote:

Apparently Can of Nothing has been absurdly busy. Or, that's what I've been told.

[cl]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:04 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Conan O'Brien wrote:
i made charisma 8 you should go vote for that it's the last charisma ever so you gotta pay your respects

Quote:

while this isn't entirely untrue, I don't suppose you know anyone who frequents MFGG who is only a performer of music and not a composer and/or arranger, do you?

come to think of it, I barely know any musicians period on MFGG apart from myself and CoN. There's always Doc, but he posts so little nowadays I'm not sure he counts

Music isn't only about composing and performing either. The concept of music is huge and there's much more about it than what we all know. I should learn more too, definitely. Admitting you don't know something is the first step to learn something new.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:09 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Iroha Nekomura wrote:
Conan O'Brien wrote:

Quote:

Music isn't only about composing and performing either. The concept of music is huge and there's much more about it than what we all know. I should learn more too, definitely. Admitting you don't know something is the first step to learn something new.

I think Best Composer is fine. It's much more specific than "Best Musician", in that you're simply picking who you believe writes the best music.

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:17 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
"Best Composer" seems fine to me. All the musicians I can think of off the top of my head (Nite, Vit, CoN, Doc, and Q-Nova... iirc?) have done composition work. There is always arrangement stuff like what OC ReMix does, but MFGG doesn't really have a whole lot of that at all.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 71 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic