[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

New accounts:
Over the past few months we've had an increasing amount of spambot activity. We've been experimenting with different mechanisms to keep troublemakers out without inconveniencing legitimate users. If you register a new account, there's a chance you'll have to wait a few hours before you can post. If admin approval is turned on, and an admin hasn't activated your account for a few hours, please don't be afraid to send me a PM or an e-mail.

Inactive accounts:
I noticed that there were several pages' worth of inactive accounts in the Admin CP, some dating back to the beginning of 2014. A number of users have reported problems with not receiving confirmation e-mails after registering on the forums, so I went ahead and activated all of the inactive accounts. If you're a legitimate user and had an inactive account that was recently activated, please go make a post - you'll see why later.

Old accounts:
Right now we have over 600 users with a post count of zero. Some of them are spambots that never posted, while this list also includes some legitimate users who registered and for whatever reason never made a post. We don't know why there are so many users who never post, but regardless of the reason, it's been quite a while since I've pruned inactive accounts. If you have a post count of zero, please make a post to prevent your account from being pruned.

Finally, just to make it clear, we're only pruning accounts that have never posted and haven't logged in in a long time. If you're a regular MFGGer, we are NOT deleting or deactivating your account. You don't have anything to worry about.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 1 post ]  Reply to topicPost new topic