[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
You may have noticed a little restructuring on the forum layout. Here is what's new:

Gaming Forum
As many of you have put forward the desire for a gaming related forum, and MFGG at its extended heart is a gaming centered community, we decided to give it a try. "Try" being the keyword here, as there have been concerns that a gaming forum would be very nice to have, but may suffer from inactivity. Therefore the Gaming Forum is on a trial period. It is up to staff discretion if we will keep it or not. So let's show some effort and make the Gaming forum a place that feels like it has always been an integral part of MFGG!

To help kickstart it off the ground, the most recent gaming related topics have been moved over from the General Chat. If you want to bump an older gaming related topic that's still in the GC, please file a report so a moderator can move it over.

Submit-It Forum
Due to reports on the mainsite relating to the submission system being buggy even after repeated attempts of fixing them, we (temporarily) brought back the Submit-It forum, where you can create a new topic in case your submission or update just won't go through, no matter what you try on the mainsite.

Please only use it when necessary. When we have the feeling that submissions work perfectly again, this forum will be deactivated again.

New structure
Previously there was only the "MFGG" category. But 7 forums in a block is a bit much on the eye, so it has been split in two new categories. "MFGG" is about stuff that's closely related to the mainsite's focus of fangaming and development, while "Community" is all about the community aspect of MFGG. General Chat and the Gaming forum fall under this new category.

Thank you for reading, I hope these decisions make as much sense to you as they make to us. Otherwise feel free to bring forward your well-thought-out concerns, as usual.

User page at mfgg.net

[ph]
 Post subject: Re: Submit-It and Gaming Forums
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:55 am 
The Extended Tileset-inator
[*]
[*]
I am pretty sure the new server really caused problems with the submission system. Do you think it can be fixed easily?

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/Jaden1291
Subscribe to my Geometry Dash YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/GeometryDashAgentJDN

I play Geometry Dash also. I'm a level creator too, check out my levels!

Feel free to give me ideas for new extended tilesets! Also check out my Sprite Topic where I post my art stuff:
https://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14500

WARNING: Big Signature
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:58 am 
Am I making you uncomfortable?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Looking good.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:11 am 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I like the new boards and their banners. Sweet looking

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:16 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Do you think it can be fixed easily?

That a submission board has been made weeks after this move as a "last resort" kind of thing should give you the answer to that question, no?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:11 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Jaden1291 the Toad wrote:
I am pretty sure the new server really caused problems with the submission system. Do you think it can be fixed easily?

Our options as to how to handle this are severely limited, much like with a similar glitch involving registering accounts in the Wiki.
The cause of this is still unknown, and those involved are having some major trouble finding it.
Unfortunately, migrating back to the old server is out of the question.

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:52 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Where did archive.mfgg.net go?

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:42 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
really digging the new structure. looks nice. however, I think the submit-it forum should stick around, and we should keep it for improving submissions before accepting them, and fixing up declined submissions. but that's just me.

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:49 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Mit wrote:
really digging the new structure. looks nice. however, I think the submit-it forum should stick around, and we should keep it for improving submissions before accepting them, and fixing up declined submissions. but that's just me.

The process of uploading a submission by hand that has been posted into the Submit-It forum is much more work and would slow the submission queue down enormously. Therefore, IF the Submit-It forum would be used for these things, submissions need to be tagged accordingly by the posters, e.g. with a [FEEDBACK] tag, to signal to the staff that they don't need to manually upload it.

In general: Uploading to the mainsite yourself is MUCH faster than going through the Submit-It forum.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:39 pm 
buy my lovely game
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
The Submit-it forum was a horrendus thing to manage. A really good incentive for people to dump half-baked submissions and give the staff needless extra work (although by "staff", I mean me and Parakarry - nobody else wanted to touch it!). I'd rather work with a buggy main site submission system than bring that thing back (even on a temporary basis) - it made more sense in the dark ages when the staff weren't actively seeking out thumbnails and screenshots, amongst other things.

I've never been too keen on the whole "non-fangame related" forums, particularly these days when there are so many options for discussing things like video games. Just more work for moderators as far as I'm concerned, but each to their own.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:47 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
^Submissions are only handled in the Submit-It forum if they get posted there for a reason. That the Submit-It forum is a much slower process to get your stuff up to the mainsite should be an incentive to avoid posting in it unless it's absolutely necessary.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:23 am 
[RII]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The main site issues may have to do with hidden fields not posting correctly, but I have no idea why. For the majority of users, it seems to not be an issue.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:39 am 
[RII]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
There may be a resolution for this, please have some of the affected try to verify: viewtopic.php?p=404050#p404050

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:21 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I retired the Submit-It forum this morning. I haven't heard of any recent reports of problems submitting large files on the mainsite, so I sent it off to the Archives. If anyone has any problems submitting, please let us know.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 14 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic