Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 44 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [us]
 Post subject: MFGG Awards 2013
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:21 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

MFGG Awards 2013

It's that time again, everyone! Another year has come and gone, and now is the time we recognize the games and contributors that make MFGG such an awesome place.

This is what you can win:

The veterans among you know how this works, but for everyone else, here's a short introduction: MFGG Awards consists of two important phases - the Nomination Phase and the Voting Phase. For each category, you nominate a name (in the individual categories) or a game title (in the games categories). Then the five people/games with the most nominations per category will be candidates for the final voting. After this, we tally the winners and will announce them in another topic. The winners receive an MFGG Awards 2013 badge. Who knows - somebody might even nominate you!

Here's how the nomination phase works:
1. Copy this list of categories:
Spoiler:

2. Enter ONE name per category
Please enter the name instead of the description, and leave the categories in this order. This makes it easier for us to count the nominations. Remember that you're not allowed to nominate yourself.

3. Send your nominations per PM to: MFGG Awards

Nominations end on Wednesday, January 15 at 11:59 P.M. Eastern time, so we can tally up the results and begin the Voting Phase the following weekend.

Please try to fill out as many categories as possible; don't just stop halfway through. We reserve the right to omit a category in the final voting if only a few people vote in the nominations phase. If you need ideas for the game categories, take a look at games that won Game of the Month awards or Minigame Competitions in 2013, and submissions that consistently earned positive reviews on the mainsite. For the other categories, I recommend exploring the MFGG forums to find examples of quality work that you might've missed.

If you're unsure about anything, don't be afraid to ask!

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG Awards 2013
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:41 am 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Whoah, that was fast. I'll send my list ASAP. And, it's time for some signature advertising, I guess.
EDIT: sent.

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:33 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Oh yeah, I have to start advertising my game. :)

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:52 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I hate to do this, but it seems that I may need some help filling mine out and sending it in, given my laptop is in need of repairs, and this tablet has a real funky copy/paste function. (Not to mention that it also uses the autocorrect of fail)

User page at mfgg.net

[es]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:44 pm 
I'm just a little adorable kitty :3
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I know it's not the right place to say...

@Mors and WreckingGoomba: Can you reduce the size of your signatures, please?

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:05 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
CatezeeY wrote:
I know it's not the right place to say...

@Mors and WreckingGoomba: Can you reduce the size of your signatures, please?

Sorry :( I made it smaller.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:19 pm 
Thanks SonicZetrex!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I wish there was a category called "Best SMA4 Edits". Basically, that's all I do on the main site.

I find it really ironic that the day after a holiday celebrating being thankful for what we have is a day where a lot of people rush to department stores and shop until they drop.
Refs:
Me (1) | Me (2) | Me (3) | Me (Shlyoh) | Mors | Q-Nova
If you sprited/referenced me but not on this list, PM me and I'll change it.

My favorite BGM:

[nl]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:45 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Qwerty Triple6 wrote:
I wish there was a category called "Best SMA4 Edits". Basically, that's all I do on the main site.

That's part of spriting, which is a catagory.
Also, @Drag: Thanks for mentioning, changed it.

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:25 pm 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I can't believe it's not Potato 2013! And now I'm ready to vote for another year. (Things do go really fast from my point of view.) Also, it would be good if there's a "Funniest Game" category.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:13 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I don't understand "vote for me!" signatures. If your game was that good in the first place people would already vote for it. They wouldn't need encouragement.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:44 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Can someone remind me of some "moments" fron 2013? I don't remember any.
Also who are some newcomers? I can't remember everyone who joined this year.

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:20 am 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Zero Kirby wrote:
I don't understand "vote for me!" signatures. If your game was that good in the first place people would already vote for it. They wouldn't need encouragement.

The reason I'm doing so this year is because last year, I didnt do so, and I didnt get a single nomination. I just wanna try if it works.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:35 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

The signature thing seems to be kind of a reminder that the person made a certain game, which could actually help when voting since sometimes I forget who made what game (but then I guess all you have to do is search up the game, and if you can't remember the name of the game it probably isn't very significant to you).

Last edited by Evil Yoshi Toes on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:36 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
@Friendly Dictator: QwertyTriple6 and Jaden, off the toppa my head.

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:31 pm 
The Dark Warrior
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Zero Kirby wrote:

Um, I did the vote for me signature thing during the last MFGG Awards Event, and no one complained, so I do not see why its a problem. In fact, the goal of such campaigns is to be nominated and vote for me signatures do encourage people to vote.

ATTENTION! I am in need of coders to help fix Mario's physics for Mysterious Islandz. The game as it stands, is quite glitchy. If you are good at GM8 and is capable of reading FDE Exi's code, PM me!

Spoiler:

I am the true darkness. MFGG stands in my way!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:40 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
TheNotSoHolyChallegian wrote:
Zero Kirby wrote:

Um, I did the vote for me signature thing during the last MFGG Awards Event, and no one complained, so I do not see why its a problem. In fact, the goal of such campaigns is to be nominated and vote for me signatures do encourage people to vote.

actually people did complain, and now that I think about it it's kinda pointless. if your game is good then you have nothing to worry about.

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:00 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
To be honest, the "vote for me" stuff has been a real turn off for me.
The more I see, the less I feel like nominating anyone at all.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:03 pm 
Thanks SonicZetrex!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Zero Kirby wrote:

Guess how Obama won the 18 Ohio electoral votes in the 2012 election? Campaigning, that's how!

I find it really ironic that the day after a holiday celebrating being thankful for what we have is a day where a lot of people rush to department stores and shop until they drop.
Refs:
Me (1) | Me (2) | Me (3) | Me (Shlyoh) | Mors | Q-Nova
If you sprited/referenced me but not on this list, PM me and I'll change it.

My favorite BGM:

[jp]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:51 pm 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Qwerty Triple6 wrote:
Zero Kirby wrote:

Guess how Obama won the 18 Ohio electoral votes in the 2012 election? Campaigning, that's how!

This isn't polotics, theres no need for the "Vote For Me!" signitures, simply if it's good people will vote for it, theres no need to try and get people to vote for it, and tbh, theres no need to encourage, or "refresh peoples memories", plus it kinda takes away from the value of it being voted for it being good instead of "Oh there was a campaign ad", and honestly that's not campaigning anyways that's just slapping a "vote for me" that sits in everyones faces as they scroll through the forums and it's kinda annoying. So yeah Politics =/= Mfgg Awards.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:19 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Shadow Kami wrote:
Qwerty Triple6 wrote:
Zero Kirby wrote:

This isn't polotics, theres no need for the "Vote For Me!" signitures, simply if it's good people will vote for it, theres no need to try and get people to vote for it, and tbh, theres no need to encourage, or "refresh peoples memories", plus it kinda takes away from the value of it being voted for it being good instead of "Oh there was a campaign ad", and honestly that's not campaigning anyways that's just slapping a "vote for me" that sits in everyones faces as they scroll through the forums and it's kinda annoying. So yeah Politics =/= Mfgg Awards.

I agree with Shadow Kami, I feel like these "durr hurr vote for me1!one!1!" signatures are pretty much pointless and not that really that useful, it won't make people vote for them, even the members think the "vote for me" will work, but in the reality it doesn't even work.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 44 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic