Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 134 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
NCFC 2013, It's over, I hope you were prepared!
 [at]
 Post subject: NCFC 2013
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:31 pm 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
(... and fight for your friends!)

Update2:
NCFC has started! It will pass faster than you think, so take in as much of it as you can! After NCFC you have to wait 1 year for it to return! There's also Thunder Dragon's surprise booth: Toadette Strikes! Check it out!

Update:
This year's NCFC has been delayed, and I updated the thread title with the new date.

Anyway, NCFC 2013 is just around the corner, so here is a friendly reminder to get your projects and booths ready! More information will be added to this post as it comes.

For those who don't know:
NCFC is the annual event on the internet, where all the big Nintendo-focused fangame communities
come together to present their newest projects. It's basically the E3 of Nintendo fangaming!
You will meet all sorts of interesting people, new communities about other Nintendo franchises, like Zelda, Fire Emblem or Metroid, and there will be some fun events, workshops and possibly competitions!

Furthermore, through NCFC, your fangame project can be presented to an audience much larger than only MFGG! Now if all that isn't something to be excited about, then you'll get no sympathy from me, as Ike would say!

Best thing is to look at this link: http://nintendocfc.com/

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Nintendo Community Fangame Convention 2013, November 11-15
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:32 pm 
Am I making you uncomfortable?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Ooh, hopefully I'll get something presentable for this.

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:49 pm 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Hyped! But my booths will not be that exciting this year.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:36 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Oh it looks like I won't be able to show my fangame, Since that I'm going to an holiday for like 2 weeks. But still excited for the fangames!

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:36 pm 
Lucario and/or Braixen = best avatar
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I'm gonna try to get chapter one of SMB: Odyssey up for this. I always like seeing new and "suspected" fangames at this thing. Seeing the other fangames that are say Zelda related is also pretty nice. Hope I can somehow make my booth more awesome than last year's :laugh:

Spoiler:

Fangame(s) I support:
Spoiler:

You can find me on:
Image Image Image Image Image

These are my Smashers of choice:

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:55 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Hopefully I'll be able to finish world 4 of Abducted Toad in time.
When's the deadline for submissions?

Last edited by Friendly Dictator on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:56 pm 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
No games from me, but if they have "workshops" this year, I'll do one of those offering a "tour" of the SGE (and hopefully do better than last time).

[nl]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:31 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I think I'll pass out this year, not only because my projects are far away from a real (next) demo, I also kind of lost interest in NCFC, though I don't know why.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:41 pm 
I Have Returned®
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
It'll be my first time on NCFC...
I'm hoping to submit my game in time, but that will depend on which place I'll be...
In my birthday (1st November) I'm going to my grandma's house, and there is internet there, I don't know how many days I'll
get there, but if only I could submit stuff before...

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:15 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Maybe...

[nl]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:55 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
onpon4 wrote:
No games from me, but if they have "workshops" this year, I'll do one of those offering a "tour" of the SGE (and hopefully do better than last time).

I'm interested, does that also mean you're learning us Python? And also, how do I get Stellar already since it doesn't have an official release yet? Or don't I need stellar for the workshop?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:39 pm 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
WreckingGoomba wrote:
I'm interested, does that also mean you're learning us Python? And also, how do I get Stellar already since it doesn't have an official release yet? Or don't I need stellar for the workshop?

I may or may not (probably will) do a short Python introduction that includes the assumption that you know basic programming (I can't teach how to program in general; that's something that I understand too intuitively).

For the workshop, you won't need Emilio's IDE ("Stellar"). You will only need the SGE, Python, and Pygame.

Regarding Stellar: Emilio seems to have stopped his work on the original Stellar IDE, at least for now.[0] I don't know how far he got, but anyway, I have a plan that will work whether he picks his IDE back up again or not. What's going to happen is I'm going to finish the SGE, and finish a room editor (the room editor will be either in SGE as per the original plan, or alternatively in wxPython or perhaps Tkinter; the reason I might switch to wxPython or Tkinter is it is a huge pain to try to design an interface with the SGE, that kind of thing being outside the intended scope of the SGE). Later, if Emilio hasn't picked his IDE back up, I'm going to develop my own IDE which will probably be tab-based and distinct from Game Maker's design; this will probably be done with either wxPython or Tkinter.

[0] http://stellarpygame.blogspot.com/2013/ ... -news.html

[nl]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:13 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
onpon4 wrote:
WreckingGoomba wrote:

I may or may not (probably will) do a short Python introduction that includes the assumption that you know basic programming (I can't teach how to program in general; that's something that I understand too intuitively).

For the workshop, you won't need Emilio's IDE ("Stellar"). You will only need the SGE, Python, and Pygame.

Regarding Stellar: Emilio seems to have stopped his work on the original Stellar IDE, at least for now.[0] I don't know how far he got, but anyway, I have a plan that will work whether he picks his IDE back up again or not. What's going to happen is I'm going to finish the SGE, and finish a room editor (the room editor will be either in SGE as per the original plan, or alternatively in wxPython or perhaps Tkinter; the reason I might switch to wxPython or Tkinter is it is a huge pain to try to design an interface with the SGE, that kind of thing being outside the intended scope of the SGE). Later, if Emilio hasn't picked his IDE back up, I'm going to develop my own IDE which will probably be tab-based and distinct from Game Maker's design; this will probably be done with either wxPython or Tkinter.

[0] http://stellarpygame.blogspot.com/2013/ ... -news.html

Ok, that answered my questions, though I still have one: how can I use SGE without Stellar, because I don't think you're able to create a whole new IDE in one month.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:48 pm 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
WreckingGoomba wrote:
Ok, that answered my questions, though I still have one: how can I use SGE without Stellar, because I don't think you're able to create a whole new IDE in one month.

That's what I'll show in the workshop. :)

You would find it really annoying to create platformers without a level editor, so I wouldn't recommend doing that right now unless you plan on writing your own level editor. But for games that don't need a level editor, like Pong, or for games you're going to write your own level editor for, the SGE will be great with or without a special IDE. In any case, learning how to use the SGE by itself is a good idea even if you plan on mainly using the IDE later on (mostly because you use the same code in either case).

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:47 pm 
[*]
Hey folks, Kiddo's here with the usual requests.

Video content for the Livestream! As usual, I'll take fangame/ROM hack trailers as well as any original video submissions you might think are worth grabbing. Also, like last year I have a few oddball cartoon/anime presentations prepared in the chance there is a lack of Live streamers.

Also, it might be a good idea to have a schedule ready in advance, like... I kinda tried to do last year, didn't I? But yeah, having a schedule in advance would be ideal to get people hyped up for your live show or event!

Also, feel free to link me if I missed something.

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:13 pm 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I would stream video if there are games I can play (I can only play games that work on Debian systems), but not with proprietary software (and more importantly, not in a way that others can only view the stream with proprietary software), so no Livestream. If I figure out how to set up IceCast, or someone else sets up an IceCast server, I would be interested in experimenting with streaming that way, though. (IceCast would also be great in general if it works, because you don't need Flash to view an IceCast stream.)

[tw]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:22 am 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Not sure if anyone willing to livestream my game off a Mac and even an Android.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:51 am 
[*]
onpon4 wrote:
I would stream video if there are games I can play (I can only play games that work on Debian systems), but not with proprietary software (and more importantly, not in a way that others can only view the stream with proprietary software), so no Livestream. If I figure out how to set up IceCast, or someone else sets up an IceCast server, I would be interested in experimenting with streaming that way, though. (IceCast would also be great in general if it works, because you don't need Flash to view an IceCast stream.)

Heh, my Laptop is a Ubuntu itself. I need to get a new ccomputer to do live streaming, otherwise I'm working entirely in pre-recorded content. (Which you're free to do, I may ad.)

As for potential non-propietary software to use, recently this started coming around:
http://obsproject.com/

The SCFH-DSF + FLME combo is also still available to Windows XP users, last I checked.

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:44 pm 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
KiddoCabbusses wrote:
As for potential non-propietary software to use, recently this started coming around:
http://obsproject.com/

Cool. Dependency on DirectX 10 keeps me from using it at the moment (the version of Wine I have, at least, apparently doesn't have good enough DirectX support), but they do say they're going to fix that and make it work on GNU systems in the future. I don't know what it supports at the moment (e.g. whether or not it can currently stream to an IceCast server), but if it doesn't support IceCast now, maybe it will in the future (and if it does, it would probably be easier and maybe better than using FFmpeg/avconv to do the job).

Anyway, it's irrelevant to me this year, since I can't use it. Maybe next year. :P

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:13 pm 
[*]
Hey guys! To get the Trailers rolling, I've decided to make one to show as an example.

This probably isn't the best trailer in the world, but it suffices for my suggestion on a style guide for trailers. This won't be completely strictly enforced (Obviously, if you can make a trailer that's really awesome in spite of breaking the style, it'll probably get in), but I do hope this will reduce the amount of 10-minute "boring gameplay footage" trailers that tend to flood my suggestions.

The example trailer here:
1) Has a good amount of gameplay footage, obviously. But more importantly, it shows multiple gameplay highlights in a way that it doesn't take more than 10 seconds for any one to become apparent, so it does not drag on.
2) Describes any details about the game that are difficult to convey in footage-only.
3) Has snazzy music. :)
4) Has a length about the size of a TV Anime OP/ED, meaning 1:00-1:30 will probably suffice.
5) Tells you how to obtain the product in the trailer.
6) Tells you enough to get you enticed without having to tell you EVERYTHING.

I hope this is useful for anyone who plans to make a trailer for this event. If you feel you can't live up to this, don't fret: There's still some time until NCFC begins, so you can send me a request to make a trailer using these various assets:
1) A title screen
2) Gameplay footage
3) Whatever information isn't conveyed in either.
And I will attempt to make one that fits in this guideline set.

Obviously, none of this applies to other types of pre-recorded shows or live presentations.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 134 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic