[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Say hi to MFGG's newest staff member. DJane Coco has been a useful contributor to MFGG for a while and has cranked out some nifty stuff lately. This new promotion should help get submissions cleared more promptly. And while you're at it, feel free to offer any of us staff members, Austrian or otherwise, a gift of tasty Leberkässemmel.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
 Post subject: Re: DJane Coco is now a QC staffer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:33 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Heh, at last! After blaming the QC for quite a number of submissions on the main site, I can finally prove if I am any better!
Also, how'd you like your Leberkässemmel?

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:50 pm 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Holy turd!! Congrats just hope there's no unplayable stuffs like Mario350 again. :D

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:55 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
supernova wrote:
Holy turd!! Congrats just hope there's no unplayable stuffs like Mario350 again. :D

Thank you! Don't worry - I'll make sure games like Mario350's never get past QC ever again.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:51 pm 
Great Time Champion
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
DJane Coco wrote:
supernova wrote:

Thank you! Don't worry - I'll make sure games like Mario350's never get past QC ever again.

I'm pretty sure that the job of quality control is to assure the games are playable and don't break any rules, not to assure they're any good.

Besides, Mario350's games were playable.
Not what most sane people would consider amazing, but playable.

Image | Image | Image | Image
Profiles
Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[jp]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:52 pm 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
dustinvgmaster wrote:
DJane Coco wrote:
supernova wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the job of quality control is to assure the games are playable and don't break any rules, not to assure they're any good.

Even as bad as they were, they did follow the submission rules.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:20 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Shadow Kami wrote:
dustinvgmaster wrote:
DJane Coco wrote:

Even as bad as they were, they did follow the submission rules.
agreed.
edit: Well allow me to say that I can't agree on the subject that it followed the rules because I haven't played it, but I don't think submissions like that should be denied since they followed the rules

regardless, congratulations

Last edited by behind on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:26 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Well, even if they technically follow the rules, nobody likes playing them. The QC must assure quality, hence the word "quality" in its name. Vinny also voted to decline Mario350's games and that with good reason.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:33 pm 
Great Time Champion
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
DJane Coco wrote:
Well, even if they technically follow the rules, nobody likes playing them. The QC must assure quality, hence the word "quality" in its name. Vinny also voted to decline Mario350's games and that with good reason.

Even still, it probably wouldn't be right to say "WE DENIED YOUR GAME BECAUSE WE DON'T LIKE IT."

Profiles

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:35 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
dustinvgmaster wrote:
DJane Coco wrote:

Even still, it probably wouldn't be right to say "WE DENIED YOUR GAME BECAUSE WE DON'T LIKE IT."

It doesn't matter if we like it, but if it is of obvious bad quality no one can get enjoyment out of, it is better to decline to ensure some quality level on the main site without being flooded by bad games.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:38 pm 
Great Time Champion
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
DJane Coco wrote:
dustinvgmaster wrote:
DJane Coco wrote:

It doesn't matter if we like it, but if it is of obvious bad quality no one can get enjoyment out of, it is better to decline to ensure some quality level on the main site without being flooded by bad games.

Trust me when I say that people can get enjoyment from bad games.

Maybe not in the fashion you're thinking of, but... ;)

EDIT: Basically, I'm just saying that it's probably unfair to reject a game simply because you deem it of poor quality.
EDIT 2: I worded that somewhat poorly, but you get what I mean.

Last edited by Dustinvgmaster on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Profiles

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:40 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
dustinvgmaster wrote:
DJane Coco wrote:
dustinvgmaster wrote:

Trust me when I say that people can get enjoyment from bad games.

Maybe not in the fashion you're thinking of, but... ;)

Well, yeah, but we really don't need to accept games just to give people a laugh. :)

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:48 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
"All content should demonstrate care and effort. Rushed or useless sprites and hurried, empty Games will be declined. Further explanation below."

From the Submission Rules on the mainsite. Seriously guys, this shouldn't be that hard of a concept to accept (no pun intended).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:11 pm 
Great Time Champion
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Just to clarify: I'm not saying that the staff should accept any game regardless of quality, I'm just saying that you need to be fair with this stuff.

After all, what is repulsive to you might be a genuine good time for somebody else.

Profiles

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:18 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
dustinvgmaster wrote:
Just to clarify: I'm not saying that the staff should accept any game regardless of quality, I'm just saying that you need to be fair with this stuff.

After all, what is repulsive to you might be a genuine good time for somebody else.

Yeah, but Mario350's games are close to being unplayable. And you can't seriously try to tell me that "Super Quest" or "Mario Minigame Mayhem" give anyone a good time, other than making them laugh.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:48 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
congrats, man!

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:28 pm 
Great Time Champion
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
DJane Coco wrote:
dustinvgmaster wrote:

Yeah, but Mario350's games are close to being unplayable. And you can't seriously try to tell me that "Super Quest" or "Mario Minigame Mayhem" give anyone a good time, other than making them laugh.

Well, I'm just saying that while the opinion of the majority is that they're bad, I don't find it entirely inconceivable that somebody somewhere might get some type of enjoyment out of it, if only a little bit.

Either way, neither of us are likely to budge on the subject and we've both made our point, so we might as well just drop it.

Profiles

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:49 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
UltLuigi wrote:
congrats, man!

Thanks!
dustinvgmaster wrote:
Either way, neither of us are likely to budge on the subject and we've both made our point, so we might as well just drop it.

Seconded.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:00 pm 
meow
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Wow! Great, I'm getting sick of the tide of bad games lately.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:59 am 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Quote:

If all we had were good games, we wouldn't need review scores on the Main Site, now would we? At least, ones below what people think are good scores.

I'm of the "it must be functioning and playable - entertainment is optional" camp.

Welcome to the controversy that comes with being Site Staff!

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 36 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic