Always got a bone to pick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It's really not that hard to make a secure password. I developed a system a long time ago that has never once fallen to attack ever.

Actually I think some Chinese people broke into one of my gmail accounts once but that one was a throwaway and had a much shorter password than usual.

ANYWAYS.

STEP 1. Find a short fantasy or nonsense word. One of your friends' horrible typos might work if it's unrecognizable enough.

STEP 2. Change random letters to uppercase but leave some of them lowercase.

STEP 3. Stick extended characters (@!#$%^&*) all over the password.

STEP 4. Make sure what you have is now at least six characters long and is illegible enough that it makes you want to slap your mother when she asks you "what's your password".

STEP 5. Repeat steps 1~4 at least three times (givin you three such short passwords) and assign each phrase you've created a short ID such as "1", "4", "A".

STEP 6. Every time you register on a web site, pick two or three random short passwords and stick them one after the other, using their ID's as your written-down password hint (one of my hints is "31G" so people think my password is a hot girl's name.) Tada! You have a secure password. Your only concern now is a web site stupidly not letting you use extended characters (and thus making your account much less secure.) Just put "!E" after your password hint so you know that site doesn't let you use 'em.

Although really as long as you're not as stupid as the average brony / furry / DeviantArt user and don't make your password "thewolfpack" or "flutterflank" you oughta be fine.

Image Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Regarding weak passwords
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:35 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

A recent incident prompted me to bump this topic, so I feel it needs bumping.

Make sure your passwords are absolutely safe. Do not use the same password for the forums that you do for the Wiki or the Main Site.

Read the topic thoroughly for more information on how to make a safe password.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:43 pm 
Thanks Gato!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
"The staff member" only posted on the main site, not the forums thankfully. We have an idea of the suspect, who is a member with a vendetta against the staff member.

---

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:52 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

We have an idea of the suspect, who is a member with a vendetta against the staff member.

Considering you are not a member of the site's administration who takes care of troublemakers I would not say things like that publicly but instead notify the staff through a PM. Your post makes it seem like you represent the MFGG staff when you do not.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:54 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Zero Kirby wrote:
We have an idea of the suspect, who is a member with a vendetta against the staff member.

Considering you are not a member of the site's administration who takes care of troublemakers I would not say things like that publicly but instead notify the staff through a PM. Your post makes it seem like you represent the MFGG staff when you do not.

I know I've incidentally said similar things (and outright told people stuff about my role as a staffer), of which I should apologize for; that was out of line for me, and as a Wiki Sysop, my powers and decision making abilities are limited to that of the MFGG Wiki.

On a further note, yes, please keep your passwords guarded like freaking gold; and change them out all the time, too. For good measure, that is.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:35 am 
Metal Mario's Rejected Brother
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
So...the "Vitiman" with the strike out in his name on the main site wasn't you :(
(The one who commented on my latest submission that is.)

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:10 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
CopperMario wrote:
So...the "Vitiman" with the strike out in his name on the main site wasn't you :(
(The one who commented on my latest submission that is.)
That first comment is really his, actually; that is if you mean this submission.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:32 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
its kind of a touchy subject,
In light of recent events his main site account had to be banned until the situation at hand can be cleared up.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:57 pm 
Metal Mario's Rejected Brother
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]