Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 67 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: [REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN] NCFC 2012
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:45 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The event is over for this year. A topic title change might be in order since the front page preview box shows this topic.

Next year's NCFC is scheduled to start on November 11 and goes to the 15th.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
 Post subject: Re: NCFC 2012
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:12 pm 
Needs more Custom Title Request forum.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
The booths weren't really the problem. They were as diverse as previous years. I believe the fault lied in less staff communication, less staff involvement in general, and very little advertisement given too late. The output wasn't as big, and a number of the booths either didn't have a demo, or were the same things seen before because booth registration was suddenly offered a mere week before opening.

I must say congratulations to every one that submitted a booth, you did a great job! Hopefully this will allow people (including myself) to take a lesson and better prepare for next year.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Yoshiman wrote:
The booths weren't really the problem. They were as diverse as previous years. I believe the fault lied in less staff communication, less staff involvement in general, and very little advertisement given too late. The output wasn't as big, and a number of the booths either didn't have a demo, or were the same things seen before because booth registration was suddenly offered a mere week before opening.

I must say congratulations to every one that submitted a booth, you did a great job! Hopefully this will allow people (including myself) to take a lesson and better prepare for next year.

I'm glad I taught you a valuable lesson, DJ Yoshiman! If you need anything, just ask me and my superior life-style :)

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:20 am 
Needs more Custom Title Request forum.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Rystar wrote:
DJ Yoshiman wrote:

I'm glad I taught you a valuable lesson, DJ Yoshiman! If you need anything, just ask me and my superior life-style :)

done deal, man

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:30 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
If it happens again next year I WILL be there.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:19 pm 
buy my lovely game
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Guys,

NCFC requires many months of planning and hard graft, and neither were really demonstrated here. The forums still have last year's skin, and seeing as... well... all the serious coding was already done and you had a year to sort this out, there's not much of an excuse for falling short of brilliance. And you need to be brilliant to stand out. Theoretically the NCFC website, which is pretty much the centrepiece of the event, should be just as good, if not better, than the best games of the show.

As for the booths, it's always difficult to care when people recycle twenty-year-old graphics and advertise their games with title screens and out-of-focus screenshots (I have no idea why people insist in shining their games in a bad light). But it's also to be expected - people were allowed to forget NCFC 2012 was even happening, so the big guns which need advanced notice were bound to pull out. Most NCFCs have ended up being rushed, so the plan should really be to get this stuff done at least a month in advance. You do have all year to get your act together after all.

Quality control at MFGG isn't just about accepting and declining things as they are, otherwise the main site would be awash with ugly thumbnails and terrible English. Same applies at NCFC - if a booth looks bad and unappealing, that drags the event down. Replace the screenshot with something prettier and suddenly people might bother to click the link. Sadly you have to assume the owner of the booth in question isn't going to do this for you.

There is much to be learnt from this. My advice would be to find someone who knows how to design websites and do everything they say (unless it requires changing how the site functions). Theoretically there's no reason you couldn't have some building blocks in place for NCFC 2013 in the next week or two (coincidentally the graphics you used were probably created around this time last year, i.e. a full ten or eleven months before opening. And no, they weren't fit for purpose).

also since you had problems with vectors
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6738/biglogoo.png

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 pm 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Since NCFC is over, I think this can be locked anyway.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 67 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic