Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 44 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [ie]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG 10 Year Anniversary
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:45 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
I managed to miss all this, I'm disgusted with myself. :nope:

I hope no minds me posting this here, I just want to let people know how I thought about the site and what I'm up to these days.

Simply put, MFGG was the first community I became an active part of back in 2001. Ah, ' the golden era ' so to speak. It was a good time and as I was going through a pretty rough patch in my personal back then, MFGG was kind of a safe heaven for me. Of course I tried making some fan games and several libs ( one of which got pulled from the site because of some NSFW content, heh. )

But the truth is, it was the community I care more about than anything. I remember Nite, Yoshiman, Fireball3k, Thunder Dragon ( or simply TD as we called him ) to name a few.

I can't say I wasn't controversial, I was the guy behind the whole Anti-SFGHQ thing back in early 2002. Then again, there was feelings of ill regard towards SFGHQ back then, mainly because we all felt that SFGHQ was full of elitest assholes! That boiled over though and life went on.

There is too much for me to cover in this post without writing a novel so I guess I'll just say what I'm up to these days.

Firstly, I've all but retired the Neo Hyper Yoshi / NHY username, its final resting place ( so to speak ) is at Sonic Retro, a forum I still read everyday.

The username I have these days is Misty Chaos and its best associated with the Fighting Game community. I now play fighting games competitively ( well, I'm not sponsored or anything but you get the idea ) and am quite a well liked and active member of the Irish FG Scene ( our main focus is Street Fighter ) and have played in several tournaments, though I have never gotten higher than 5th place in one yet.

Apart from that, I have finished college and am now doing what half of Ireland does: I'm on social welfare! Well, its not all bad, I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my personal life in general but I can see things working out for me in the end.

Finally, I'm still going to lurk, maybe not much but I'll pop in every now and again. Also, if anyone fancies playing on me on XBL sometime ( mainly in Street Fighter ) or just wants to catch up, my XBL GT is Misty Chaos.

Anyway, thanks for letting me speak, I'll see you all on the flip side!

Adrian Collins - aka Neo Hyper Yoshi / NHY

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:05 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Hi NHY - I didn't know you were still around! Have you seen WiTT and the anniversary interviews, by the way?

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:20 pm 
[*]
I can't believe that it's already ten years..
And i've been here under one year, so i can't say anything like "i remember everything because..."

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:02 am 
I won't Lose!
Glad to see the place is still around. I remember this place as my first MB/forum I ever joined back in 06. Hopefully it has some more good years left in it! Congratz MFGG!

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 44 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic