Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next  [ 349 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
The MFGG Wiki, Attention: URL form has changed
 [ca]
 Post subject: Re: The MFGG Wiki
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:36 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
That's definitely a shame, Mason. I'm very sorry you feel you need to step down, either way. The Wiki's one of my favorite parts of MFGG and I've helped every now and then, but even then, I can really only do so much. It really sucks to lose you as a sysop and unfortunately even a mainstay contributor because (between you and Vinny to my knowledge), you were one of the most active ones.

On that note, I really do wish the Wiki got far more attention than it does :(

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:45 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
It's a shame you're leaving. But will you still be staff here, or are you becoming a regular member?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:32 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Sorry to hear that. I appreciate all the work you've put into maintaining the Wiki over the past year-plus. I'll formally demote you once I've verified that you're positive you want to leave.

With Mason leaving, and Alex going inactive, I'd be happy to promote another person to the position of Wiki Sysop. If you know something about Wiki syntax, you've been an active contributor on the Wiki in the past, and you have a track record of being a positive contributor elsewhere on MFGG, I'd consider you for a possible promotion. Before making such a decision, though, it might be wise to evaluate the Wiki's purpose and future. Few people contribute to it any more, and much of the information on it is pointless or hopelessly outdated.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:38 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
Sorry to hear that. I appreciate all the work you've put into maintaining the Wiki over the past year-plus. I'll formally demote you once I've verified that you're positive you want to leave.

With Mason leaving, and Alex going inactive, I'd be happy to promote another person to the position of Wiki Sysop. If you know something about Wiki syntax, you've been an active contributor on the Wiki in the past, and you have a track record of being a positive contributor elsewhere on MFGG, I'd consider you for a possible promotion. Before making such a decision, though, it might be wise to evaluate the Wiki's purpose and future. Few people contribute to it any more, and much of the information on it is pointless or hopelessly outdated.

I wouldn't mind taking up such a position, in all honesty. I really enjoy helping out around the wiki and, not trying to be funny here, being a Sysop might just motivate me to contribute on it at a more constant rate! XD

But it's all up to you guys, of course. I'm just throwing it out there that I'd happily be one :D

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:13 pm 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Sorry to hear that Mason. And I am also interested for the wiki sysop too since I contribute a lot to the wiki.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:15 am 
meow
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I'd love to help out as Wiki Sysop. I even was going to get focused on expanding and updating the wiki. I've already fixed the Mario & Luigi vs. the Furbies and Super Mario Gravity pages, if you want to see what I want to do.

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:53 am 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Isn't it a better idea that the staff just PM people they want to be sysop instead of requesting here?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:56 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

WG: In this case, no, because I have a hard time thinking of possible replacements for Mason. Mason and I are the only people who've contributed to the Wiki with any frequency in the past year.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:59 pm 
Is that a jojoke?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
What does a Sysop do anyways?
Do they like, edit the codes and stuff? Because that'd be too hard for me, considering how big the Wiki probably is

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:13 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Double Agent Luigifan wrote:
What does a Sysop do anyways?
Do they like, edit the codes and stuff? Because that'd be too hard for me, considering how big the Wiki probably is

Uh.

Also Vinny, that's not true! I contributed... sometimes, on occasion... whenever I could! :P

All I can honestly tell you (and I don't mean this like "promote me to actually get me to do things"), but what I said before was the truth: if I were a sysop, I'd do wiki work more often / on a more consistent basis. Probably has something to do with the position motivating me or something, I dunno. I've helped out quite a lot in the past, so it's not like I'm coming out of nowhere with this XD

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:48 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Rystar: Oh yeah, you're right about that. You've done quite a bit of work in recent months. The Wiki is in desperate need of some lovin', and I hope we can all get it into a more useful state over the summer.

DALF: Sysops handle a few things that regular members aren't able to do, like deleting old/spam pages, approving new accounts (this is necessary because the Wiki is a magnet for spambots), and banning vandals (something I've done precisely zero times during my tenure).

User page at mfgg.net

[jp]
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:00 am 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
In this case, no, because I have a hard time thinking of possible replacements for Mason. Mason and I are the only people who've contributed to the Wiki with any frequency in the past year.

Mmm, yeah there aren't really too many people who help out on the wiki on a norm consistant basis, I mean I ussually help out the wiki during my free time, but even then I don't always work on the wiki.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:22 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Sorry for going off topic, but on the subject of the wiki, I kinda don't think it's fair that only the sysops get the wiki contributor badges. I mean, there's people who probably contribute to the wiki more than a few of the current sysops that do have one.

Also, sorry to hear that Mason. We appreciate the tons of work you've done for the wiki.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:00 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mason wrote:
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
Sorry for going off topic, but on the subject of the wiki, I kinda don't think it's fair that only the sysops get the wiki contributor badges.

There goes that theory, because I never had that badge when I was a sysop. And the rules say nothing about having to be a a sysop... it's a subjective badge that's probably been forgotten about.

If we see you contribute to the Wiki a lot, you will get this badge.

I hope you're not talking about the sysop badge, (Image) because that would be a really weird thing to complain about.
I only said that because I haven't seen a non-sysop mfgger with that lately...

And yes, that's the one I was talking about hence wiki contributor.
edit: by lately, I mean at all.

Last edited by behind on Wed May 01, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:04 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
I only said that because I haven't seen a non-sysop mfgger with that lately...

It's one of the few badges that's given out by hand. The wiki hasn't had a lot of active contributors at all lately. You do the math.
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
edit: by lately, I mean at all.

Again, it's one of the few badges given out by hand. Odds are not many people have the badge to begin with, let alone the possibility that said people probably don't frequent MFGG anymore.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:31 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I earned my Wiki Contributor badge before becoming a sysop. Generally, you have to make 750-1000 quality edits before you can get it.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:44 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
I earned my Wiki Contributor badge before becoming a sysop. Generally, you have to make 750-1000 quality edits before you can get it.
Ah, my mistake, I forgot about that.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:23 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Among the top 75 posters on the current forums, these members all lack Wiki pages: Goombaking123, Quotient, DarkBlueYoshi, Tortwag, GamePixel, LuigiM9, CJCEntertainment, TheShyGuy, MarioBrosFan2010, Syr, Morrad1991, volnado, and WWpl4y3r. Feel free to create a page for any of them if you know of any noteworthy content to include. Some less active posters may have made contributions worth discussing, too.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:16 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I'll get to doing a few of those in a bit, since I just finished finally updating that horribly lost in time MGC article.

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:31 am 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I might have complained about this years ago:

That table is burning my eye cells. It would be appreciated if Rystar or somebody fix that.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next  [ 349 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic