Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 349 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
The MFGG Wiki, Attention: URL form has changed
 [tr]
 Post subject: Re: The MFGG Wiki
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:36 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Superbowser wrote:
Just curious, but would replacing the & with & correct the issue? I know in html & displays as &, but I'm not sure how the wiki software will interpret it.

It was a bug about title. I think we shouldn't change it because it looks fine on links and other things. Also if you try to change, it will shown as "&amp" :laugh:

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:47 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mors wrote:
It was a bug about title. I think we shouldn't change it because it looks fine on links and other things. Also if you try to change, it will shown as "&amp" :laugh:

That's what I was thinking, but I'd rather throw an idea out there than just sit around :laugh:
But yeah, I agree. I think it looks fine. If someone does have a problem with it then they could just change it to actually say "and".

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:51 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Alright, A bug has been found in the wiki's account request form, that causes the wiki to throw the following error.

If you encounter this error, and are unable to submit your account request as a result, please contact me via PM to address the issue.

Thank you.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:50 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

As a Wiki Sysop, I am obligated to remind you at least every summer that the MFGG Wiki is still a thing! I've made a lot of progress on it in recent weeks, but there's still lots of work to be done.

If you don't know where to start, this page has a lot of ways to help.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:07 am 
artwork by mit
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I hope no one minds but here is a list of things I've done to the wiki today. Some of these changes might be controversial. If the sysops or the majority of the community feels these changes were bad, go ahead and change them back to the way before I started screwing with things.

• I've changed "Unknown Membertype" section in the MFGGer template (would usually say unknown type 24) to just display a normal Member bar. If this is incorrect in a userpage you can always override it with primarygroup. However, 9 times out of 10, members with an unknown type are just regular members.
  • In member infoboxes, I've decided to do away with othergroups and former, replacing them with altgroups. This section is now titled "Former & Other Groups." My reasoning for doing this was because some pages with no other groups were coming up as blank, so we were having to put "(none)" underneath that section to make it look not-ugly. Now you can simply leave that section out if you don't have any former groups or other groups instead of having to put "none."
  • I've added a category "Member Pages Using Outdated ForumIDs‎." This is for pages that use member IDs from before the split because badges are automated in userboxes and either they don't have a post-split MFGG account or their post-split MFGG account doesn't have all their badges. I figure we should catalog such pages for easy reference.
  • The following pages need to get deleted because I was testing and goofing around (or I did new pages for some of them) so they are no longer needed: [1], [2], [3], [4]

On an unrelated note, I made a thread in the staff forum (back when I was wiki staff) listing a whole bunch of garbage threads I wanted back. Please delete or lock that thread if you haven't done so.

I do think Donkey Kong Meets Megaman and the Bathtub Fad articles should be brought back but that's just me. Some people (I believe Parakarry but correct me if I'm wrong) would like every single fad article restored but in retrospect I think that'd be going a little too far.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:41 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Puddin wrote:
I hope no one minds but here is a list of things I've done to the wiki today. Some of these changes might be controversial. If the sysops or the majority of the community feels these changes were bad, go ahead and change them back to the way before I started screwing with things.

• I've changed "Unknown Membertype" section in the MFGGer template (would usually say unknown type 24) to just display a normal Member bar. If this is incorrect in a userpage you can always override it with primarygroup. However, 9 times out of 10, members with an unknown type are just regular members.
  • In member infoboxes, I've decided to do away with othergroups and former, replacing them with altgroups. This section is now titled "Former & Other Groups." My reasoning for doing this was because some pages with no other groups were coming up as blank, so we were having to put "(none)" underneath that section to make it look not-ugly. Now you can simply leave that section out if you don't have any former groups or other groups instead of having to put "none."
  • I've added a category "Member Pages Using Outdated ForumIDs‎." This is for pages that use member IDs from before the split because badges are automated in userboxes and either they don't have a post-split MFGG account or their post-split MFGG account doesn't have all their badges. I figure we should catalog such pages for easy reference.
  • The following pages need to get deleted because I was testing and goofing around (or I did new pages for some of them) so they are no longer needed: [1], [2], [3], [4]

On an unrelated note, I made a thread in the staff forum (back when I was wiki staff) listing a whole bunch of garbage threads I wanted back. Please delete or lock that thread if you haven't done so.

I do think Donkey Kong Meets Megaman and the Bathtub Fad articles should be brought back but that's just me. Some people (I believe Parakarry but correct me if I'm wrong) would like every single fad article restored but in retrospect I think that'd be going a little too far.

Excellent work, as far as I can see.
Good job!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:46 pm 
artwork by mit
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Nite Shadow wrote:
Excellent work, as far as I can see.
Good job!

Y'all should congratulate Gato too; he's been doing a lot of work today. He and I came up with this page to explain the situation with the badges on the wiki.

What I'm doing tonight is removing all IPB Happy Heart badges since you have to be warn-free on this MFGG incarnation for awhile in order to get a Happy Heart nowadays. Which means the Old Badges Category is going to shrink considerably.

I still think it should stay in case, for example, a member returns who used to have Sprite Competition Winner badge. Some of my badges (and I'm sure some badges of other users) have been carried over since the beginning so it's only fair.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:56 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Puddin wrote:

Y'all should congratulate Gato too; he's been doing a lot of work today. He and I came up with this page to explain the situation with the badges on the wiki.

What I'm doing tonight is removing all IPB Happy Heart badges since you have to be warn-free on this MFGG incarnation for awhile in order to get a Happy Heart nowadays. Which means the Old Badges Category is going to shrink considerably.

I still think it should stay in case, for example, a member returns who used to have Sprite Competition Winner badge. Some of my badges (and I'm sure some badges of other users) have been carried over since the beginning so it's only fair.

Hey, You are both doing a fantastic job.
I say keep it up! I'm glad to see it myself.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:58 pm 
artwork by mit
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
#mfggirc @ irc.oftc.net wrote:
<Gato> i can't believe they removed game tournament winner badges

Hey! We ought to at least replace them with Special Comp Winner badges if this is true. It's not fair to rob people of their badges.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:02 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Puddin wrote:

Hey! We ought to at least replace them with Special Comp Winner badges if this is true. It's not fair to rob people of their badges.

Thats true, we also need to add a page for the Special Comps.

Edit:

Here are the Special comp badges, if you happen to know the badge number of the ones in question, we can just place these right over the top.

User page at mfgg.net

[mx]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:25 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Nite Shadow wrote:
Puddin wrote:

Thats true, we also need to add a page for the Special Comps.

Edit:

Here are the Special comp badges, if you happen to know the badge number of the ones in question, we can just place these right over the top.

What are the tags for manually adding special competition badges again? Also it would be nice if you have the ones that are automatically added to be in the proper order as those on the forum. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm also going to need a manual template for iso collab badge if you don't mind.

[11:11:51 PM] Stacks-of-Phone: Gato will eventually ascend, his consciousness transferred to hard disk
[11:12:00 PM] Stacks-of-Phone: he lives the rest of his life, a live2D facerig

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:14 pm 
artwork by mit
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I have zero understanding of how the current manual badge templates work.

http://wiki.mfgg.net/index.php?title=Badges

It looks like it has more to do with how the image is named.

User page at mfgg.net

[mx]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:28 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It's pretty simple to understand the template, to be honest. The hard part is adding more badges to this template, because I have no idea how to do it.

[11:11:51 PM] Stacks-of-Phone: Gato will eventually ascend, his consciousness transferred to hard disk
[11:12:00 PM] Stacks-of-Phone: he lives the rest of his life, a live2D facerig

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:46 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Puddin wrote:
I have zero understanding of how the current manual badge templates work.

http://wiki.mfgg.net/index.php?title=Badges

It looks like it has more to do with how the image is named.

I draw a blank on that myself to be honest.
I know the automated system uses filenames such as BadgeNumbers.
How exactly it works however, I'm afraid that I simply don't know.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:17 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I have just finished processing the contents of the "Articles to be deleted" page in the Wiki.

Some were actually removed, while others were not, and for various reasons.
And that's okay.
Not everyone knows what needs to go, and what does not.
It's my job to check, and make the final decision as to what needs to happen with the articles.

I encourage you all to keep up the great work with the Wiki, and to keep your eyes open for any content that does not belong.
Thank you.

User page at mfgg.net

[tn]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:28 pm 
They Seeme Rawlin' Dey Hatein'
[*]
[*]
Can the wiki data be updated?

on another note, i'd rather not to see that article that would me look like a 10000 th rate member ¬_¬

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:37 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
What do you mean?

User page at mfgg.net

[tn]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:39 pm 
They Seeme Rawlin' Dey Hatein'
[*]
[*]
MFGGers articles, can they be updated?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:42 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Of course.
Anyone can edit anything in any article (The exception of one or two that are protected)
You just need an account.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:19 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
One thing I would like to make note of:
Despite the account request forum saying otherwise, you do NOT need to use your real name while requesting an account.
In fact, doing so actually makes it exceedingly difficult for me to confirm who you are, if you do not use your real name anywhere else on MFGG.

I am unable to change the dialog in the request forum, or the terms of use, due to lacking access to the Wiki's internal scripts.

Thank you

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 349 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic