Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 349 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
The MFGG Wiki, Attention: URL form has changed
 [ca]
 Post subject: Re: The MFGG Wiki
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:32 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Pedigree wrote:
Vitiman wrote:
The criteria for what fangames are notable and what aren't wasn't discussed in the article because I feared people would be upset if their game was directly stated didn't count, but I suppose the same could be said that we shouldn't allow negative reviews on the site on the same grounds, so perhaps this thinking won't get anyone anywhere.

For a rule of thumb, a fangame is notable enough to have its own article if it has at least one review or comment or something that is positive in tone and feedback to confirm worthiness of an article.

That sounds like pretty fair criteria to me. Thanks.
Quote:
that was pretty rude

If posting definitions is rude, then I don't know what to tell you. I thought the meaning of the word was important.

For clarification purposes, it was that you implied the article writer needed to see the definition of notability to know what it meant. It also had little to do with your complaints anyways, and thus, unnecessary.
Quote:
If you want to ignore constructive criticism because you have some personal beef or pre-conceived notion of hostility with me, then that's your loss. I'm pretty far beyond caring what you think of me.

I didn't ignore what you said; I wouldn't have admitted that the criteria for fangame notability should have been clarified and doing just that. This isn't grounds of personal beef and you have no right to assume that; I said that most of your post was nitpicking because it was nitpicking.

Last edited by Vimimin on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:32 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Not too sure why I even bothered trying to help when you're all too busy stewing over stupid **** and talking behind my back to realize that I was only trying to help.

I wonder when the personal grudges will end.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:33 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Vitiman wrote:
Pedigree wrote:
Vitiman wrote:
The criteria for what fangames are notable and what aren't wasn't discussed in the article because I feared people would be upset if their game was directly stated didn't count, but I suppose the same could be said that we shouldn't allow negative reviews on the site on the same grounds, so perhaps this thinking won't get anyone anywhere.

For a rule of thumb, a fangame is notable enough to have its own article if it has at least one review or comment or something that is positive in tone and feedback to confirm worthiness of an article.

That sounds like pretty fair criteria to me. Thanks.
Quote:
that was pretty rude

If posting definitions is rude, then I don't know what to tell you. I thought the meaning of the word was important.

For clarification purposes, it was that you implied the article writer needed to see the definition of notability to know what it meant. It also had little to do with your complaints anyways, and thus, unnecessary.

I implied nothing. I posted the definition because what notable means is relevant to the article.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:39 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Nite Shadow wrote:
Pedigree wrote:
http://wiki.mfgg.net/index.php?title=MFGGWiki:Notability
This article is a mess.
Quote:
-stuff-
Let me get this strait,
instead of say, "Editing it so its more useful", you decided to post this useless rant here?
Really, don't you have anything better to do than making our lives a living hell here?
I'm sorry but that was just unnecessary. Nitpicky or not, he was providing criticism that at least partially could be useful as it was. There was no need whatsoever for any of that. I suggest that you and everyone else thinking like this chill out. Seriously.

Pedigree wrote:
Not too sure why I even bothered trying to help when you're all too busy stewing over stupid **** and talking behind my back to realize that I was only trying to help.
This wasn't terribly necessary either. Surely a proper reaction to hostility or accusations of such isn't what appears to be more of it?

Take a chill pill, folks. Cut it with the angst towards one another; just try and work with each other. Can we be mature and do that? Yes? Cool. So, this wiki thing. What can we do to make parts of it not look like a mess? What areas look messy?

Vitiman wrote:
Why a rule of thumb? Well... it's really hard to give direct guidelines for stuff like this. The most we can do is tell you what's for the best and what is probably not worth going the extra mile for, huh?
The rule of thumb as you phrased it might work as a guideline on its own, perhaps. I think it should be noted somewhere either way if not already.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:37 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Miles wrote:
Nite Shadow wrote:
Pedigree wrote:
http://wiki.mfgg.net/index.php?title=MFGGWiki:Notability
This article is a mess.
Let me get this strait,
instead of say, "Editing it so its more useful", you decided to post this useless rant here?
Really, don't you have anything better to do than making our lives a living hell here?
I'm sorry but that was just unnecessary. Nitpicky or not, he was providing criticism that at least partially could be useful as it was. There was no need whatsoever for any of that. I suggest that you and everyone else thinking like this chill out. Seriously.

yeah,
you're right, I shouldn't have been so harsh about it,
Im better than this,

And sorry to you too pedigree.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:04 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Miles wrote:
This wasn't terribly necessary either. Surely a proper reaction to hostility or accusations of such isn't what appears to be more of it?

Well it's difficult when news of people talking about me in the skype group gets back to me.

I would appreciate it if your "official" MFGG Skype Group's (that isn't open to everyone for some reason) commentary never got back to me again if nobody intends to do anything about people talking behind the backs of other members in there (especially when a member of staff is doing it). Take better care in keeping that private.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:10 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
That's actually an outside dispute. That group is not official (and there will never be an official MFGG skype group if I have any say in that matter), and if someone tries to tell you it is or starts relaying other stuff from that group to you, let me know privately.

Last edited by Miles on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Small clarification.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:22 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[edit] pretty stupid of me to say that.

Last edited by UltLuigi on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:31 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
UltLuigi wrote:
Spoiler:
That's taking what I said and making it disrespectful. Please don't do that.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:47 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Miles wrote:
That's taking what I said and making it disrespectful. Please don't do that.

Yeah, that was pretty insensitive of me. Sorry about that.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:26 am 
Always got a bone to pick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I do not think there should be a special category for "notable" or "infamous" fangames in the first place because that's a flawed concept. How notable? Notable only within this site or known across the entire community of all fangames? How do you even fairly measure such a thing?

It serves no purpose but to arbitrarily upgrade a random fangame to a purely illusionary prestige.

Image Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:46 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Here's a Wiki article I put a mild amount of effort into. If there are any other musically-inclined folks reading this, I bet there's a lot more you could add!

Also, the Wiki's been droopy lately. If you're looking for something noble to do, go head over there and add some useful stuff.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:39 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Anyone willing to update the Midas Machine page? I just went over some things on it but I don't know how to update the title, pictures, and a few other things. All we need changed is any use of "Mushroom Patrol: Midas Machine" to "Super Mario Bros. & The Midas Machine" (except for the part where it says that the game used to be called "Mushroom Patrol" Midas Machine", and for the picture to be changed to this:

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:25 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Anyone willing to update the Midas Machine page? I just went over some things on it but I don't know how to update the title, pictures, and a few other things. All we need changed is any use of "Mushroom Patrol: Midas Machine" to "Super Mario Bros. & The Midas Machine" (except for the part where it says that the game used to be called "Mushroom Patrol" Midas Machine", and for the picture to be changed to this:

Done.

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:46 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mors wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:

Done.

Ah thanks, although I noticed one issue, the title now says "Super Mario Bros. & The Midas Machine" instead of "Super Mario Bros. & The Midas Machine".

User page at mfgg.net

[ph]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:36 am 
The Extended Tileset-inator
[*]
[*]
Probably the wiki is acting up. & is the html form of &, and the wiki fails to recognize &. Maybe "And" will work.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/Jaden1291
Subscribe to my Geometry Dash YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/GeometryDashAgentJDN

I play Geometry Dash also. I'm a level creator too, check out my levels!

Feel free to give me ideas for new extended tilesets! Also check out my Sprite Topic where I post my art stuff:
https://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14500

WARNING: Big Signature
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:02 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
It only happens on the title. On the right box, page title and links say Super Mario Bros. & The Midas Machine.

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:42 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It also does this on the main site as well, I also see this glitch quite often on various sites across the internet, were instances of "&" are replaced with "&"
If this is going to be a major problem, you might try "And" instead.

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:49 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
It just happens on title. Maybe upgrading wiki system will help.

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:26 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Just curious, but would replacing the & with & correct the issue? I know in html & displays as &, but I'm not sure how the wiki software will interpret it.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 349 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic