Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next  [ 349 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
The MFGG Wiki, Attention: URL form has changed
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: The MFGG Wiki
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:36 am 
Is that a jojoke?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I lack a page that has a lot of information. I might just edit it myself though.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:45 am 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Concerning the table, I can't do anything about that since I don't have FTP access, sorry! :(

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:31 am 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Weird, I was trying to access the wiki the last two days but always ends up dead. Does anyone know whats's going on?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:42 pm 
dataSKY - we connect the world
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Oh hey whoa, this topic sure is stagnant! Lets see if we can get some wiki love flowing!

Also Vitiman and I have done some needed fiddling around on the wiki today. All new global mod profiles have been updated, the MFGG Awards page was updated with a new 2012 Winners Category, also the Minigame Competition article has been freshened up! To those that won an award at the MFGG Awards 2012 ceremony, take a look at your article to make sure you've been included in the glorious category updating!

[ca]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:50 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Well, it seems that after about a year of serving the MFGG Wiki, Alex has dropped off the face of the internet and/or doesn't seem to care much about MFGG anymore, and was promptly demoted from both his Sysop position and the lesser important Site Staff position. Alas... all things considered, the Wiki Admins are a dying race.

Will there perhaps be an opening to fill Alex's shoes? Find out in due time, fellow Wiki admirers and editors!

This is for you, Alex. Even if you were Swedish.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:42 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I hate to fire our beloved little Swedish elf, but since he hasn't done any staff work in ages, and since we're getting serious about making sure all our staff members maintain a semi-active presence on the site, I couldn't find a reason to keep him on the roll.

I think three is the optimal number of Wiki Sysops to have, so we'd be willing to consider promoting another sysop if a worthy contender ever emerges.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:47 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

VinnyVideo wrote:
I hate to fire our beloved little Swedish elf, but since he hasn't done any staff work in ages, and since we're getting serious about making sure all our staff members maintain a semi-active presence on the site, I couldn't find a reason to keep him on the roll.

I think three is the optimal number of Wiki Sysops to have, so we'd be willing to consider promoting another sysop if a worthy contender ever emerges.

I don't have many contributions currently, but they are slowly racking up. I'd love to be considered! ;)

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:45 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Hey there! If you are reading this and are sporting a totally rad Ultra Happy Heart badge, check your wiki article! If you aren't in this category then leave a post here or PM me! I'm trying to get some of these old categories updated and there are more ultra happy people than I thought!

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:48 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I've got an UHH badge and don't appear to be on that list

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:54 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Mit wrote:
I've got an UHH badge and don't appear to be on that list

Thanks! I've got a short list of people I'm already aware of and you don't appear to be on it. You'll be on the list soon!

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:10 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Another note, if you participated in a Forum Event or know anyone who did and was awarded with a badge, do tell me for the sake of making the category, well, existent!

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:31 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]

A candid photo of MFGG wiki contributors. You could be one of them! Start editing the wiki today! :)

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:46 pm 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I'm do fairly a lot contributing the wiki.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:07 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
http://wiki.mfgg.net/index.php?title=MF ... Notability

This article is a mess.

Quote:
no·ta·ble [ nṓtəb'l ]
worthy of note: significant, interesting, or unusual enough to deserve attention or to be recorded
distinguished: particularly important, distinguished, or famous
somebody important: somebody who is particularly important or distinguished
Synonyms: distinguished, prominent, famous, noteworthy, outstanding, extraordinary, remarkable, important, significant, noted

Quote:
-Fangames, specifically ones that have been released in one form or another.
--Nearly all fangames on the main site. Many do not have their own articles, and this should be fixed.

Are all fangames notable? Apparently nearly all of them on the main site are, but it doesn't explain what the criteria is for the ones on the main site that aren't.
Quote:
-The members of MFGG, particularly those who have helped in some shape or form.
--The site staff, forum team, and wiki system operators.

When you write guidelines like this, it's particularly helpful to define "in some shape or form". Some might say that simply posting on your forum is a contribution, for example.
Quote:
keep the wiki closely related to MFGG

Quote:
Sites with similar goals to MFGG's, especially if they also host fangames or similar fan creations.

I'm pretty sure that making articles on sites that aren't MFGG is a pretty significant deviation.
Quote:
To put it shortly, the various things that happen on MFGG, including the people involved and the creations they make.

So, technically speaking, anything?
Quote:
Anything not concerning fangames or MFGG, such as vaguely related sites or communities.

Quote:
Sites with similar goals to MFGG's, especially if they also host fangames or similar fan creations.

You're contradicting yourself.
Quote:
Members who were dupe accounts, did not contribute anything during their stay, or who were simply infamous in general (with some exceptions; see Judgement below)

Quote:
Judgement
While these guidelines should help you without any confusion, if you have any questions or aren't sure if something should be discussed on the wiki, feel free to contact a Wiki Sysop such as Vitiman. Don't fear asking any questions, even if you think they aren't big enough; after all, there's no such thing as an unimportant question.

So instead of listing the exceptions as would be implied by "with some exceptions; see Judgement below" we're just supposed to ask the Wiki Sysops? Why not document the exceptions where everyone can see them? You're already mentioning it in an article that is intended to help people.
Quote:
Generally, anything that doesn't concern MFGG.

Repeating information from the top of the article rather than elaborating on what does not concern MFGG is not helpful.

Please make better written guidelines pages. This isn't a very helpful page as is.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:15 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Pedigree wrote:
http://wiki.mfgg.net/index.php?title=MFGGWiki:Notability

This article is a mess.

Quote:
-stuff-

Let me get this strait,
instead of say, "Editing it so its more useful", you decided to post this useless rant here?
Really, don't you have anything better to do than making our lives a living hell here?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:17 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I'm pretty sure that editing it to say what I think is notable would not be in line with what you think is notable. So I posted constructive criticism on the article.

If constructive criticism makes your life a living hell, I'm sorry.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:18 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
The criteria for what fangames are notable and what aren't wasn't discussed in the article because I feared people would be upset if their game was directly stated didn't count, but I suppose the same could be said that we shouldn't allow negative reviews on the site on the same grounds, so perhaps this thinking won't get anyone anywhere.

For a rule of thumb, a fangame is notable enough to have its own article if it has at least one review or comment or something that is positive in tone and feedback to confirm worthiness of an article.

Why a rule of thumb? Well... it's really hard to give direct guidelines for stuff like this. The most we can do is tell you what's for the best and what is probably not worth going the extra mile for, huh? On a side note, the definition of notability wasn't necessary to quote - that was pretty rude. Matter of fact, most of your post came off as nitpicking and not really helping me in improving the article for everyone, sorry to say.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:20 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Pedigree wrote:
I'm pretty sure that editing it to say what I think is notable would not be in line with what you think is notable. So I posted constructive criticism on the article.

If constructive criticism makes your life a living hell, I'm sorry.

there is a fine line between constructive critisism and nitpicking.
what you are doing is nitpicking.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:21 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Vitiman wrote:
The criteria for what fangames are notable and what aren't wasn't discussed in the article because I feared people would be upset if their game was directly stated didn't count, but I suppose the same could be said that we shouldn't allow negative reviews on the site on the same grounds, so perhaps this thinking won't get anyone anywhere.

For a rule of thumb, a fangame is notable enough to have its own article if it has at least one review or comment or something that is positive in tone and feedback to confirm worthiness of an article.

That sounds like pretty fair criteria to me. Thanks.
Quote:
that was pretty rude

If posting definitions is rude, then I don't know what to tell you. I thought the meaning of the word was important.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:28 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Vitiman wrote:
Matter of fact, most of your post came off as nitpicking and not really helping me in improving the article for everyone, sorry to say.

If you want to ignore constructive criticism because you have some personal beef or pre-conceived notion of hostility with me, then that's your loss. I'm pretty far beyond caring what you think of me.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next  [ 349 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic