Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next  [ 349 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
The MFGG Wiki, Attention: URL form has changed
 [in]
 Post subject: Re: The MFGG Wiki
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:23 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
uh...enjoy i guess :P

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:15 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
FINNALY YOU LAZY STAFFZ!

thank you so much! =)

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:15 pm 
Needs more Custom Title Request forum.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
okay, see, this is a problem - now main siters are starting to want to make articles about themselves, even if they haven't done that much, just because they want all that FAME AND GLORY (or whatever selfish reason), despite BS making a comment that it's not supposed to be some sort of alternative to Facebook

i'm for getting rid of user articles

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:24 pm 
aka: bigmariofan1.0
[*]
[*]
[*]
Eh, I don't use user articles. (Heck, never even started mine)

Anyway, just started editing my page for "Boshi's Xventure," (which was a terribly outdated article) so if there's any question of progress on that page, I've answered it.

I also added this page, so feel free to edit/fix anything I missed.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:03 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

User pages are the majority of the pages on the Wiki. Personally, I find those more interesting than most of the other categories, although you're right that some of them aren't exactly notable.

If we end up getting rid of user articles, we should definitely make an archive of the Wiki. A vastly superior option, however, is simply to redesign the opening page (as I suggested earlier in this topic) to put more emphasis on tutorials and fangames and less on user pages and fads.

Also, on an unrelated note, Kyori shouldn't be listed as a Wiki Sysop any more, since it's pretty obvious he isn't active any more (I even confirmed it with him a few weeks ago).

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:21 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
DJ Yoshiman wrote:
okay, see, this is a problem - now main siters are starting to want to make articles about themselves, even if they haven't done that much, just because they want all that FAME AND GLORY (or whatever selfish reason), despite BS making a comment that it's not supposed to be some sort of alternative to Facebook

Uh, do you mean User:*Instert username here* articles? Or just regular*Insert username here* articles?

User page at mfgg.net

[se]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:13 pm 
In Donaldismo Veritas
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Wiiboy4ever wrote:
DJ Yoshiman wrote:

Uh, do you mean User:*Instert username here* articles? Or just regular*Insert username here* articles?

What's the difference? Except for the fact that User:*username* should be moved to *username*, I mean.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:15 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Alex wrote:
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
DJ Yoshiman wrote:

What's the difference? Except for the fact that User:*username* should be moved to *username*, I mean.
I thought user pages were like your profile pages.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:51 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Alex wrote:
Wiiboy4ever wrote:

I thought user pages were like your profile pages.

User:username is supposed to redirect to username

User page at mfgg.net

[aq]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:13 pm 
Founder
[F]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Okay, I'll finally speak up. This wiki is loaded with so much gross misinformation it's not funny. Want proof?
http://wiki.mfgg.net/wiki/index.php/Mar ... mes_Galaxy

First off, right there in the first sentence:
Quote:
Mario Fan Games Galaxy (MFGG), long ago Bowser Technologies

I've said it a million times: BOWSER TECH AND MFGG WERE NEVER THE SAME SITE. Early on in MFGG's lifespan, the two sites coexisted, with BT eventually growing dormant. At one point, MFGG's forum became corrupted, and I had to replace it with the now dead Bowser Tech forum... and that's where the connections between the two sites end.

Quote:
Previous versions of MFGG have been hosted on Penguinia, Masaki, EmulationZone, and CJB.

LOL. Hosted on Masaki? Either he's some kinda robot with built-in server capabilities, or somebody mistook him for his server. I know he had two domains hosting MFGG - one was Gunsha, and I forget what the other was (it could have been "Masaki" for all I know!). Also, CJB was not a host - it was a URL redirection service.

But yeah, some time when I'm not occupied with more important and worthwhile matters, I'll have to go through and fix, well, just about everything. ;P In the mean time... one thing that's been annoying me was that "Bowser Technologies," "Bowser Tech," etc, redirect to the Mario Fan Games Galaxy page. Again, NOT THE SAME SITE. The worst part is, I know that there used to be a page for Bowser Tech, but somebody changed it to redirect. So, uh, how do you fix this? Anyone wanna lend a hand please? ^_^;

Psychic Cyclopean Silverware IN SPACE!
Follow updates (among other things) on The Twitterbooks!
(if you followed my old personal account, this is a different one - follow it instead!)

Engine test demo and more @
EyesInEverything.com

[au]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:44 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
This happens when information is passed down without people really knowing the details, the nature of Wikis I guess.

Could've told people CJB was a redirection service at least, my old Kamikaze Games website used cjb. Also yeah, Masaki was a person.

And MFGG was also hosted on d2sector, i'm surprised that dark chapter wasn't mentioned.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:11 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Yikes. That's a lot of pages Squirrel just deleted. A lot of that was basically utter junk, like Brawl for Europe First and a bunch of old, unused files. But he also purged a whole bunch of pretty notable and well-written articles as well, like Quackers (!). I'll say it again: If you're going to be deleting everything that's not fangame-related, the existing Wiki should be archived.

Also, TD, according to the revision history, the Bowser Tech and MFGG articles were merged a little while ago. Still, someone should give them separate articles.

User page at mfgg.net

[aq]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:46 pm 
Founder
[F]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Actually, they were merged back in 2007, apparently. Nevertheless, I figured out how to revert the page and did so accordingly. I'll probably rewrite the BT article some time in the future, whenever I can be arsed to do so. ;D

Psychic Cyclopean Silverware IN SPACE!
Follow updates (among other things) on The Twitterbooks!
(if you followed my old personal account, this is a different one - follow it instead!)

Engine test demo and more @
EyesInEverything.com

[gb]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:33 am 
[Witty Retort]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I see some strange users registering on the Wiki. One even posted a motor insurance page on there.
Three users, DennisDye7, AlphaTanner1 and BernicePenn8. They seem pretty fishy to me!

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:07 pm 
Only ripping sprites/sounds!
[*]
[*]
Can I add useful stuff on sprites and textures stuff? An example of Created Sprite and a ripped sprite, surely, using the credit of the Custom sprite author...

Only if he approves, I will ONLY update after asking... And if is really allowed (to edit that page)...

And other thing, how to edit pages? ^^"

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:03 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
gabrielwoj wrote:
Can I add useful stuff on sprites and textures stuff? An example of Created Sprite and a ripped sprite, surely, using the credit of the Custom sprite author...

Only if he approves, I will ONLY update after asking... And if is really allowed (to edit that page)...

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:51 pm 
Only ripping sprites/sounds!
[*]
[*]
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
gabrielwoj wrote:

But I need to register right?

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:54 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
gabrielwoj wrote:
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
gabrielwoj wrote:

But I need to register right?
Yes.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Black Squirrel, on main site wrote:
I count user pages as a very low priority.

I'm a bit confused here.

And,

Thunder Dragon wrote:
Okay, I'll finally speak up. This wiki is loaded with so much gross misinformation it's not funny. Want proof?
http://wiki.mfgg.net/wiki/index.php/Mar ... mes_Galaxy

First off, right there in the first sentence:
Quote:
Mario Fan Games Galaxy (MFGG), long ago Bowser Technologies

I've said it a million times: BOWSER TECH AND MFGG WERE NEVER THE SAME SITE.

So does no one care to fix that? If I (or anyone else) were to go in and change that, would it just get reverted and the person yelled at for messing with the article? And lastly... how much does it even matter?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:09 am 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Part of the problem is that none of the people who've actively contributed to the Wiki in the past are spending much time on it now, and the only active Wiki Sysop (Black Squirrel) seems only interested in randomly deleted "non-serious" articles every few months (even though some of these articles have been for notable fads or even members who have actively contributed to the CFP). Personally, I've lost most of my enthusiasm for working on the MFGG Wiki, especially since no one has any real vision for what it should really look like.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next  [ 349 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic