Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 349 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
The MFGG Wiki, Attention: URL form has changed
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: The MFGG Wiki
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:49 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It sounds like some of the images were shared using external file hosts but were later deleted. Is that correct? You'll probably need to contact the spriters individually to see if they still have the originals.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:26 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Nite Shadow wrote:
That is certainly odd.
Do the posts in question appear to cut off abruptly, or to be missing chuncks of conversation?

Well, there seems to be no posts about voting or results made in the topics about Sprite Competition #1-3.

VinnyVideo wrote:
It sounds like some of the images were shared using external file hosts but were later deleted. Is that correct? You'll probably need to contact the spriters individually to see if they still have the originals.

Yes, the images were originally hosted on Imageshack, but they were later on removed for reasons that don't appear to be explained. I sent an e-mail to each one of the spriters just recently. They should hopefully reply soon, and see if they still have their winning entries or not.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:44 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
So, I haven't received an answer from any of the winners yet (and it doesn't look like they went back and did something about that here on MFGG yet), but there is one thing that I have been wondering about. Should we be italicizing game titles? Because I've seen some articles do this, and I think it looks better that way, but it doesn't seem to noted on the Style Guidelines. It may take a very long time (if not impossible) to get every article to have game titles italicized, but I'm sure we could at least be able to get a majority of the articles have games titles use that format.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:06 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I think that's more of a choice of the editor to do.
You can if you like, but I see no reason to make it a requirement.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:31 pm 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

This is the kind of thing that would be nice to standardize, but it's a very low priority.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:51 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
This is the kind of thing that would be nice to standardize, but it's a very low priority.

Yeah, ideally for a wiki it'd be preferred to have consistency around the board. It's hardly a thing to worry about right now, but in the future someone should probably go ahead and either italicize everything or de-italicize what has been italicized. One or the other, if you ask me.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:45 pm 
This old dog still knows a few tricks
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
So I know this isn't a huge priority to anyone, but I have a badge for winning something in the MFGG Awards 2008. I don't rightly remember what I won it for, but I do remember I won something, and I'm not on the list of winners, nor is such a win noted in my article.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:55 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Black Boo wrote:
So I know this isn't a huge priority to anyone, but I have a badge for winning something in the MFGG Awards 2008. I don't rightly remember what I won it for, but I do remember I won something, and I'm not on the list of winners, nor is such a win noted in my article.

Well, I just put you into the list of MFGG Awards 2008 winners, Black Boo. I wasn't around MFGG in the late 2000s and it doesn't seem like a usable archive that at least contains the MFGG Awards 2008 ceremony exists, so I didn't put what awards did you win. Hopefully someone that knows what awards you've won will put them into your article.

Also, guys, should this topic really stay on the News & Events sub-forum? I don't see anything in this topic that relates to the sub-forum, so I think the General Chat would be a more suitable place for this topic (that's just me, though, at least).

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:39 pm 
[*]
Is it allowed to do something like this...?

http://www.superluigibros.com/download- ... ario-games
I was thinking of mirroring and making articles of some of these games on MFGG Wiki. I know they aren't on MFGG, but they need some love too. They also are hidtorically significant due to being some of the first fangames made with Game Maker (the Trisoft Engine also has a demonstration on here).

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:05 am 
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I'm always appreciative of people who provide mirrors for download links, especially for popular games that are discussed on the Wiki but aren't hosted on the mainsite. Waligie games are a good example of this - I've uploaded a bunch of those to my Box account because file hosts often delete files that have been inactive too long, and old fangames sometimes go a while without being downloaded.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:20 am 
[*]
VinnyVideo wrote:
I'm always appreciative of people who provide mirrors for download links, especially for popular games that are discussed on the Wiki but aren't hosted on the mainsite. Waligie games are a good example of this - I've uploaded a bunch of those to my Box account because file hosts often delete files that have been inactive too long, and old fangames sometimes go a while without being downloaded.

Apparently on the Sonic Retro wiki you can attach a zip file to the article without using an external host. Will I need to find an external host for the MFGG wiki, or is there a way to upload .zip files to it?

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:38 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I'm afraid so.
We simply cannot handle the load on the Wiki.

User page at mfgg.net

[tn]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:24 am 
They Seeme Rawlin' Dey Hatein'
[*]
[*]
Can i rename my own page?
And how to upload images?

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:00 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Yes, you can rename pages. You can do so by clicking on the Move button, which should be on the top. That will take you to an area where you can have the page use a new name, with the old name now becoming a redirect to it. If you want to upload images, you can either click on "Upload file", which should be on the left, or click on a red image link. Doing so will take you an area where you can upload a file from your computer.

User page at mfgg.net

[tn]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:06 am 
They Seeme Rawlin' Dey Hatein'
[*]
[*]
Q-Nova wrote:
Yes, you can rename pages. You can do so by clicking on the Move button, which should be on the top. That will take you to an area where you can have the page use a new name, with the old name now becoming a redirect to it.

Done, Thanks. :)

Q-Nova wrote:
If you want to upload images, you can either click on "Upload file", which should be on the left, or click on a red image link. Doing so will take you an area where you can upload a file from your computer.

:'(
I don't know why, but for some reason, it doesn't work when i click "Upload file".

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:23 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Ihatefiendishchain wrote:
Done, Thanks. :)

You're welcome!

Ihatefiendishchain wrote:
:'(
I don't know why, but for some reason, it doesn't work when i click "Upload file".

Hm, that seems odd. It seems that you did upload a file (and upload a new version of it), but I somehow can't seem to access it. I just get taken to a white area when I do so. I can't seem to even put the file on a page, because the page will then just be nothing but white, in my browser, at least. Not sure what could be the cause of this, unfortunately. I hope someone around here will be able to know what's going on around here.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:00 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Now this is odd.
for whatever reason, the new file page is inaccessible, this prevents me from deleting it.

It looks like I'm going to need some assistance.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:08 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

500 error, so something is going wrong with the wiki software. Who knows what, though.

this was probably obvious but I'm just confirming

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:49 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Alright, it took me a bit to find an alternate means of getting to the delete command due to the broken page.
This subsequently allowed me to retrieve the image which was uploaded.

Being 2201x2365px in size was just too much for the Wiki software to handle.
Since it would attempt to load the entire thing before anything else, the page it was on, or any page it was added to, would subsequently refuse to fully load, hence the error, and white screens noted prior.
Scaling it down to 500x537px in size fixed the problem.

In light of this, I must note that large images must be scaled down to a reasonable size. no bigger than 600x600px in size.

The rules have also been updated to reflect this.
http://wiki.mfgg.net/index.php?title=Help:Rules

Thank you.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:14 am 
Always got a bone to pick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Nite Shadow wrote:
Alright, it took me a bit to find an alternate means of getting to the delete command due to the broken page.
This subsequently allowed me to retrieve the image which was uploaded.

Being 2201x2365px in size was just too much for the Wiki software to handle.
Since it would attempt to load the entire thing before anything else, the page it was on, or any page it was added to, would subsequently refuse to fully load, hence the error, and white screens noted prior.
Scaling it down to 500x537px in size fixed the problem.

In light of this, I must note that large images must be scaled down to a reasonable size. no bigger than 600x600px in size.

The rules have also been updated to reflect this.
http://wiki.mfgg.net/index.php?title=Help:Rules

Thank you.

You may want to adjust the max file size (in MB) so that decent-quality images within that rough scale are the largest allowed.

Image Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 349 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic