Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 43 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Music Comp #5-2016
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:32 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Yoshi the Great wrote:
The only remixes that have already been made are the SMB, SMB3, SMW, and NSMBU overworld, underground, airship, ghost house, and castle themes. (If you don't know already, SMM composed new ghost house and airship themes for the games that didn't already have them) Anyway, I don't personally consider SM64 to be a "platformer", but why not? :thumbsup:

Don't forget that the underwater themes from SMB, SMB3, SMW, and NSMBU also have edit mode remixes on SMM too! Anyway, the theme sounds pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what remixes people will make for this competition. :D

User page at mfgg.net

[cl]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:34 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I started working on my entry ASAP and I was able to get it finished in some time:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:47 pm 
Why is there a max limit of 38 charact
[*]
[*]
[*]
Whoa! That's really good, and you made it really fast! The only thing that I would recommend changing is making the original melody a bit quieter. If you look at another example of what it's really like in SMM: (This time the NSMBU overworld)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zefvt2aWgJQ
and then compare it to the real thing just for comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z7t5ht8JOg
You'll notice that the main melody has been toned down a bit in the SMM version. I'd just recommend turning the main melody down a touch. :D

Edit: Also, just out of curiosity, what did you make that in?

<span style="color:#1FB425;">It takes minds to make millions. It takes Trump to make billions.</span>

I wanted that to be my title but the code is too many characters. Oh, and I just realized that it doesn't even work anyway either. What sort of witchcraft does this site use, using [color=___] instead of <span style="color:___;">???

[cl]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:15 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Yoshi the Great wrote:
Whoa! That's really good, and you made it really fast! The only thing that I would recommend changing is making the original melody a bit quieter. If you look at another example of what it's really like in SMM: (This time the NSMBU overworld)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zefvt2aWgJQ
and then compare it to the real thing just for comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z7t5ht8JOg
You'll notice that the main melody has been toned down a bit in the SMM version. I'd just recommend turning the main melody down a touch. :D

Edit: Also, just out of curiosity, what did you make that in?

Ohhh, really? I never thought someone would think it's really good. Thanks! I actually didn't take so short in making it though, since I started working on it as soon as I saw your post approving. Well, I do make music much faster than other musicians because I have learned some methods with experience. For example, I totally ditched sequencing on the piano roll; it's a lot of work and hard for getting the right timing. I appreciate the feedback but sadly I'd have to remake the whole thing because I use the limited version of FL Studio 12, which doesn't allow me to load project files. But I kind of like how it sounds anyway. Thanks again!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:01 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

here is my entry:

https://soundcloud.com/user-237627365/volcano-nsmbwii

User page at mfgg.net

[cl]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:45 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Im thinking of remaking my entry because Ive been told I could do better. I will also try to turn the main melody down a bit like you said.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:16 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

if you're going to remake your entry, i would suggest you tone down the general urgency of the piece. as it stands it's a bit too 'high action' for the calm and slow process of editing.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:33 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Yeah, I agree with mysteriousclown. Turn down the urgency, turn down the main melody, and it'll be pretty nice!

Also, mysteriousclown, your entry is awesome. It's nice and calm, and just fits the style really well! Nice job! :thumbsup:

<span style="color:#1FB425;">It takes minds to make millions. It takes Trump to make billions.</span>

I wanted that to be my title but the code is too many characters. Oh, and I just realized that it doesn't even work anyway either. What sort of witchcraft does this site use, using [color=___] instead of <span style="color:___;">???

[cl]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:52 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Thanks for the input. Here's the new entry:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:45 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
That sounds better, Hexyuu Yandere! It fits the theme better. The only thing I think it needs is a loop, and it should then be perfect! mysteriousclown, your entry sounds really good too! It fits the theme very well.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:44 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
I agree with Q-Nova, but I would also suggest making it a bit slower to have the same rhythm of the original theme. In SMM, when you test levels, the original music starts at the same position as the remix. Your remix is a tad faster than the original, which would sound strange during that transition (it would get slower as it switched to the original theme rather than keeping the same tempo). So, just make it a little slower, and you should be good! :thumbsup:

[cl]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:07 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Unfortunately, I never knew how to make loops. I even tried to find how in the internet but had no luck. I guess its too late to make the theme slower. For one, I already had uploaded it to YT. On the other hand, the deadline was yesterday so voting phase should start now.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:33 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Yep, it's time for the voting phase.

Here's Hexyuu Yandere's remix of Koopa's Road from Super Mario 64: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTPnzD5US7A
And mysteriousclown's remix of the volcano theme from New Super Mario Bros. Wii: https://soundcloud.com/user-237627365/volcano-nsmbwii

Let the voting begin!

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:56 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
mysteriousclown

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:42 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
mysteriousclown

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:00 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
mysteriousclown

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:21 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Aw, only two entries? I was hoping to hear a lot of good music tracks on this competition. Oh well, I guess time has been recently rather busy for a lot of MFGG's musicians (I did have an idea for this competition, I just didn't really find the motivation to make an entry, maybe next time). I also felt that the deadline might be a bit too far away. Having competitions with deadlines really far away from the start don't seem to usually get a whole lot of entries, and I feel like some people would constantly procrastinate or maybe even forget about working on their entries due to the huge length of free time they could have (though, I don't really know how life goes for the average MFGGer, so I might be wrong).

Anyway, I think I'll vote for mysteriousclown.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:48 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
mysteriousclown

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:16 am 
soverygrin
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
mysteriousclown.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:36 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
It's been a few days since voting started, so I think we should close voting now. Here are the votes tallied up:

mysteriousclown - IIIIII - The Winner!
Hexyuu Yandere (now Iroha Nekomura) - The Runner-Up.

Congratulations, mysteriousclown, for winning this competition! You made a great piece. :thumbsup: I would also like congratulate Iroha Nekomura for participating at the competition with a nice piece.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 43 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked