Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 57 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [au]
 Post subject: Re: Music Competition #2, 2014 | SMW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:18 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Well that's the last competition I ever enter.

Funfact: I deleted my entry halfway through voting and apparently nobody noticed.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:30 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Kritter, what's your problem? What happened?

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:34 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:

Funfact: I deleted my entry halfway through voting and apparently nobody noticed.
Because you lost to lu9 when you thought your entry was clearly better or what? Well, people liked his entry more, get over it, it happens. People don't always judge objectively but go by what they liked best. And people rarely listen to certain entries more than once and when they do, they probably already downloaded it, so it's hard to notice.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:55 pm 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:

That you delete your entry halfway through is supposed to prove what exactly? All it shows is that people don't post to say "Kritter your entry is gone". What it doesn't show is your implication that people never intended to listen to your entry.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:06 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Kritter wrote:

Just because you deleted it halfway through doesn't mean people are going to tell you that you deleted it. If they can't access it, they will probably just ignore it and vote on the other entries.

Are you upset because nobody commented on it or because you lost? I personally liked yours best, but that doesn't mean everyone else did.

. . .

Also, congrats lu9! :D

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:58 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
People already decided the winner before anyone else had even entered. Maybe next time i'll crank out a 40 second ditty using default SMW instruments and throw it up before anyone else can too, at least it'd be less of a waste of my time and effort.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:47 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
People already decided the winner before anyone else had even entered. Maybe next time i'll crank out a 40 second ditty using default SMW instruments and throw it up before anyone else can too, at least it'd be less of a waste of my time and effort.
Oh yeah, please tell me more about how people complimenting an entry already makes it the winner without anyone else standing a chance. You poor thing wasted all your effort because people already overhyped a 40-second tune that deserved no attention at all. Is that what you're saying? Seriously, tone your negative attitude down. Not only do you delete your entry to gain attention in the most immature way possible, but now you're trying to talk down lu9's submission just because you didn't win.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:58 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Kritter wrote:
Oh yeah, please tell me more about how people complimenting an entry already makes it the winner without anyone else standing a chance. You poor thing wasted all your effort because people already overhyped a 40-second tune that deserved no attention at all. Is that what you're saying? Seriously, tone your negative attitude down. Not only do you delete your entry to gain attention in the most immature way possible, but now you're trying to talk down lu9's submission just because you didn't win.

Just speaking literally, though it's funny you of all people telling me to tone down my negative attitude given the colossal netherbound-stick you possess at the moment. I put days of effort into mine, and if all it took to win was 40 seconds of SMW-style music then yes, it was a waste of effort.

Still, why not take the time to give me critique instead of saying Lu9's was "TOTALLY FREAKING AMAZIIIIING" and completely ignoring mine, or are you too grumpy to do that? DJ Grumpy.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:02 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Kritter wrote:
DJ Coco wrote:
Kritter wrote:

Just speaking literally, though it's funny you of all people telling me to tone down my negative attitude given the colossal netherbound-stick you possess at the moment. I put days of effort into mine, and if all it took to win was 40 seconds of SMW-style music then yes, it was a waste of effort.

Still, why not take the time to give me critique instead of saying Lu9's was "TOTALLY FREAKING AMAZIIIIING" and completely ignoring mine, or are you too grumpy to do that? DJ Grumpy.

You need to calm down. These competitions are just for fun. It's not like you missed out on a 1-million dollar prize or anything. All you missed was a little icon that goes under your avatar on a Mario fan website. Don't be a sore looser.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:03 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:

I just react to people the way they act, so you realize how you actually sound. And you're just coming off as childish with your whole actions. I'm not a music critique and can't tell how much effort was put into anything. I just go by what I liked best, and so did the rest of the people. If you want critique, then ask for it. If you want people to know the effort you poured into your thing, then tell them. But you're just acting sulky like it's the people's fault for not making you win.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:08 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Evil Yoshi wrote:
You need to calm down. These competitions are just for fun. It's not like you missed out on a 1-million dollar prize or anything. All you missed was a little icon that goes under your avatar on a Mario fan website. Don't be a sore looser.

No I gained an icon in the form of a second place, seeing as I already had first and third, so that's wrong. I'm calm as anything, I don't see the issue in saying I am no longer going to enter a competition, farcical as it may be. Still, I do so look forward to being able to vote in every competition hereafter, sounds like a blast.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:11 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Kritter wrote:
Evil Yoshi wrote:

No I gained an icon in the form of a second place, seeing as I already had first and third, so that's wrong. I'm calm as anything, I don't see the issue in saying I am no longer going to enter a competition, farcical as it may be.

:blank:
Okay, whatever. Let's just end this little drama now. This isn't going anywhere.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:20 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
I'm not a music critique

Surely it doesn't take much to say "I like it" or "I don't like it because of this reason" but apparently that was the case.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:23 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
Surely it doesn't take much to say "I like it" or "I don't like it because of this reason" but apparently that was the case.
True, but then again, the competition isn't there for critique to be given. If you wanted any, you could've just asked. If you did, I'm sorry and I didn't see it.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:27 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Kritter wrote:
DJ Coco wrote:
I'm not a music critique

Do you have your own music topic? If you make one I'm sure you can get much more constructive criticism there since here people are more focused on seeing the entries and voting rather than giving a lot of specific criticism. You could even post your competition entry on your music topic so that you have a place where people can focus only on your music rather than an entire competition and give you advice on making it better for the final voting.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:28 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Kritter wrote:
True, but then again, the competition isn't there for critique to be given. If you wanted any, you could've just asked. If you did, I'm sorry and I didn't see it.

I shouldn't have to, but you would not have given any even if I had I don't think.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:33 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
DJ Coco wrote:
I shouldn't have to, but you would not have given any even if I had I don't think.
Maybe not me, but other people would have stated their opinions. However, regardless of the critique, we all listened to all entries and voted for what we deemed to be the best entry. Anyway, this dispute derails the thread and feels more like a justification of the arguments from both sides, so I'll just cut it here. Sorry if I came off as hostile.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 57 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked