[ 5 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
Music Competition #14: Deserts!, Please sticky this topic kthxbai
 [zz]
 Post subject: Music Competition #14: Deserts!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:04 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Sorry for the delay! It took me some time to get everything together, but I'm done now! Skipping straight to the point, this time, we're making desert themes! Ahh, deserts... A mainstay of video games, these can be a very, very wide range of things! Let's dive right into them, shall we? Don't forget your lotion and sunglasses, by the way~

First off, we have the slow variant, with tons of ethnic percussion, a flute-y instrument and my favorite, the sitar and the like! Like Lanayru Desert, these can be very melodic, or very... ...what does Shifting Sand Land even qualify as?

Next, we've got the relatively upbeat way of doing this - New Super Mario Bros. Wii's Desert Theme and Gritzy Desert immediately come to mind. While keeping a lot of the instrumental choices of the former, these tracks are fast in comparison, and that works well! Instead of getting straight into the heat, the speedy nature of these tracks almost makes them feel like an oasis. Oh, and we can't forget Sandopolis, which makes up for the lack of realistic ethnic instruments for a pretty sweet beat and the main composition.

Well... that said, how's about we go out of the box? Zone 1 and Zone 4 of Desert Ruins are very good examples, the first being an upbeat saxophone and drum affair, whereas the latter is a groovily jazzy disco of a pyramid theme! There's not really a rule when you make this; just make it sound like it'd fit in a desert! Even chiptune could work, as Desert Land easily proves~

I'm not too sure about deadlines, but just to be sure, I'll have a date set for November 16th. This date can be slightly stretched if necessary, but I'd like to think that would be the final date. And yes, remixes are accepted, of course! As long as the original track or song isn't from a desert, you're fine.
Well, what are you waiting for? Time's-a-ticking, better get to work!

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
 Post subject: Re: Music Competition #14: Deserts!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:37 am 
I'm not a guy that can ever be defined
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
At times like this I wish I didn't write a desert tune relatively recently... Oh, well back to the drawing board - count me in !!

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:55 pm 
I'm not a guy that can ever be defined
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
And a last minute entry (and only entry) arrives!
Downoad
It was in VERY early development so the mixing is subpar, but the basic concept is there. I'd call this piece scrapped and unfinished for now.

[sc]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:26 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I'm not certain what's happening with this comp at the moment, as there's only one entry, and that was a few weeks ago. If we're waiting for another entry, I might be able to come up with something within the next couple of days.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:51 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Badge awarded.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 5 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked