Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 26 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [nl]
 Post subject: Re: Minigame Competition #40
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:10 am 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
It's December 29th, guess this is over then, unless pingu can fix it quickly.
EDIT: It's true, I tested it myself, and it says I need RPG maker.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:18 am 
Oops. Then I guess you have to download RPG Maker 2003.

The web where I got 2003 from is not there anymore, but I say this site seems trusty.
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/rm2003/download/

[nl]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:10 am 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
pingurules wrote:
Oops. Then I guess you have to download RPG Maker 2003.

The web where I got 2003 from is not there anymore, but I say this site seems trusty.
<link>

If I'm right, entries should be stand-alone applications, not dependent on some other program. Isn't there a way to submit the file without needing RPG Maker (and even then, is a game made in RPG Maker a valid entry? I don't know whether it counts as a pre-made engine or not).

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:16 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
^If nobody can play it, there won't be votes for this particular entry. We can not expect every MFGGer to download RPG Maker 2003 just to play a game. If the stand-alone rule isn't a rule yet, it should be made one.

EDIT: The competition rules have been modified now to include this rule, but it doesn't apply to this competition obviously. Still, voters can choose to skip games that require additional downloads or installs.

As for the general question of RPG Maker being a pre-made engine: RPG Maker is very limited in that it can only create one genre well: RPGs, therefore I do not think it gives an unfair advantage over something like GM or MMF, a disadvantage more likely.

User page at mfgg.net

[de]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:39 pm 
But alas, I'm still alive.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
So I have played his game and it's not that special. You have to go through a maze out of water and there are instant-death traps everywhere.
You have to go to some ports and that in time, which is 1:00. Then, at the end you have to beat a big boss, (no spoilers) and that's it.
Well, actually not, if you consider, that he's almost undefeatable. Sorry, my vote goes to Supernova.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:23 am 
LSF Games wrote:
Well, actually not, if you consider, that he's almost undefeatable. Sorry, my vote goes to Supernova.

Well, that's okay, I don't really mind.

But what do you mean by "almost undefeatable"? Does it mean that the boss is too hard?

The Kraken's attacks are bugged, in which it deals only half the damage on what it is supposed to inflict, and the octopuses, two-fifths.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 26 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked