Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 243 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Minigame Competition #28! Top 5 Voting (Revote)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:00 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Guinea wrote:
Just let all 6 in the final voting. It's common practice in competitions on MFGG.
The top 5 voting's only purpose is to narrow down the field of candidates to avoid ties in the final votings. If it's now 5 or 6 doesn't make a big difference, but if it were 5 or 11, that would make a difference.

thanks guinea.

you heard the man folks!
We go in to final voting with 6 finalists!

Finalists are:
Miles
Yoshbert
Pyro
Mit/LordCyber
Rystar/Camtendo
UEU Games/Tortwag

Last edited by Nite Shadow on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:03 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I will vote for Miles's entry.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:05 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Miles

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
 Post subject: Re: Minigame Competition #28! FINAL VOTING
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:52 pm 
The Quantifiably Quip-tic QC Dude
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I also vote for Miles.

Image Refs - Something new's gonna show up here, I just know it! - DeviantArt - YouTubeImage
???!, 10%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:47 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Rystar + Camtendo
Edit: I'm sorry, but all three of those votes towards Miles definitely should have been towards other applicants. Rystar/Camtendo, UEUGames/Tortwag, and Yoshbert were ones whose games really stood out from the others. They had interesting features that would want to make you continue playing the game. I'm just wondering if people are actually judging or just simply selecting a name at random.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
kremling wrote:
Rystar + Camtendo
Edit: I'm sorry, but all three of those votes towards Miles definitely should have been towards other applicants. Rystar/Camtendo, UEUGames/Tortwag, and Yoshbert were ones whose games really stood out from the others. They had interesting features that would want to make you continue playing the game. I'm just wondering if people are actually judging or just simply selecting a name at random.

ill be honest, i could not decide,
they all had a certain greatness to them.
So i threw 2 dice until it hit doubles.

1. Miles
2. Yoshbert
3. Pyro
4. Mit/LordCyber
5. Rystar/Camtendo
6. UEU Games/Tortwag

they landed snake eyes, which was miles.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:58 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
kremling wrote:
Rystar + Camtendo
I chose Miles' entry purely because in my personal opinion it was the neatest and had the most interesting concept of the 6. Sure it may not have been polished but it was arguably the most innovative of them, and it also had extremely believable and great 3D for a such a retro-looking game.
UEUGames/Tortwag's entry, conversely had very great visuals and extremely polished gameplay but I felt it got repetitive a tad too fast because I found myself spam-clicking throughout the first few seconds in the game and my finger started hurting.
Cam&Rystar's entry was also nice, but the game got way too frustrating way too fast. The enemies spawned too quickly, and I felt like ragequitting after being bombarded with a plethora of enemies. Additionally, after you lose the game is filled with endless enemies so there's not even a limit to how many appear on the screen at once. (game forces you to restart once you lose anyway). I did like the ? Block mechanic though, and the game was also somewhat polished.
Yoshbert's was nice as well, but I felt like it could have been a lot better if it had more mechanics in the game. Right now all you can do is get rid of consecutive 3 (and ONLY 3) vertical or horizontal blocks, there's no 3 perpendicular clearings, nor can you clear vertically/horizontally. There's also no powerups or even rotating blocks at 45 degrees or anything, and it got a little bland after awhile. You can at least do chain-drops though, if that ever happens.
I do give him credit for making this though, I could never do a puzzle game like this without failing 1,000 times at it. :laugh: Let alone do something with powerups and perpendicular clearings and extra stuff.
Spoiler:

With that, please note that I am not trying to discourage anyone's entry nor antagonize kremling, but merely defending my vote.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:46 am 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
not sure whether or not to feel like our game was unoriginal or it just was extremely sub-par so that it didn't have any major problems, nobody's talking about it :V

[tr]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mit

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
For you TDLR folks: My vote goes to UEU Games and Tortwag.

@Wiiboy's review of Rystar's/Cam's game: Now I feel bad because I suggested for Rystar to speed his entry up :X oops

I'm going to stick with my UEU Games / Tortwag vote. The one thing I hated was the fact that you pretty much had to click spam, but other than that, it was fun. It looked very nice and seemed technically impressive (custom name-type screen, a few small-but-neat puzzle-related mechanics, etc) to me. I really liked it. My only suggestion if I didn't miss this already existing is to make a keyboard equivalent to a mouse click, so you could point with the mouse and shoot with a button so you wouldn't risk killing your mouse.

Rystar's/Camtendo's game was cool. Bit of Mario Bros 1983, a pinch of Wrecking Crew, and a side of Goomba. The mix was a good one, and the mechanics were decent. Only real problem to me was that the fun didn't quite last as long as it did with other entries. I'd say it needs a good bit of levels and stuff, but I think such a thing might already be planned. If so, awesome!

Mit's/LordCyber's game was pretty nice. The custom graphics were pretty, though the cloud shadows when mixed with the hills looked a bit weird. It's a simple shooter, but a good one. I liked the layout for as far as I got, though I only ever got as far as where there were a bunch of cannons. My only real gripe is the fact that you have to restart the game to get your hit points back up to max, but apparently that was a testing-related accident. A minor annoyance is the fact that the starting resolution is so huge, but that's easily remedied with that fine F4 function.

Yoshbert's was cool. It looked nice, but there wasn't really much to it. More ways to clear blocks may help things if you ever plan to make it bigger.

Pyro's was kind of cool. Stop Mario from succeeding in his quest to get to that block! I really liked the idea, though the engine was kind of weird at times. Some of the challenges were pretty neat. A good feature to add would be the game keeping track of what challenges were completed.

User page at mfgg.net

[jp]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 am 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I vote for Rystar + Camtendo still, It gives me some nostalgia TBH.

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 am 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Rystar + Cam

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:18 pm 
Dart. Still a basic FC. For now.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Mit's game. Why nobody's (apart miles) talking about it, It's the one I've enjoyed the most with Miles game, but I prefer the coin shooter Raiden-like style, just my opinion.

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Miles wrote:
I'm going to stick with my UEU Games / Tortwag vote. The one thing I hated was the fact that you pretty much had to click spam, but other than that, it was fun. It looked very nice and seemed technically impressive (custom name-type screen, a few small-but-neat puzzle-related mechanics, etc) to me. I really liked it. My only suggestion if I didn't miss this already existing is to make a keyboard equivalent to a mouse click, so you could point with the mouse and shoot with a button so you wouldn't risk killing your mouse.
Thank you for your vote and your attention. You've got a point there. Lots of people didn't want to click much. So I will make throwing eggs with holding the mouse button instead clicking.

[fi]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:50 pm 
I shine.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Pyro.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 pm 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Pyro (with Mit's a close second). I found Pyro's concept the most unique, although the difficulty was way too easy.

User page at mfgg.net

[sc]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:26 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I also vote pyro.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:02 pm 
The Quantifiably Quip-tic QC Dude
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
Yoshbert's was nice as well, but I felt like it could have been a lot better if it had more mechanics in the game. Right now all you can do is get rid of consecutive 3 (and ONLY 3) vertical or horizontal blocks, there's no 3 perpendicular clearings, nor can you clear vertically/horizontally.

It is possible to clear blocks in any arrangement, as long as there's more than 3 blocks stacked horizontally or vertically.

Image Refs - Something new's gonna show up here, I just know it! - DeviantArt - YouTubeImage
???!, 10%

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:03 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Yoshbert wrote:
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
Yoshbert's was nice as well, but I felt like it could have been a lot better if it had more mechanics in the game. Right now all you can do is get rid of consecutive 3 (and ONLY 3) vertical or horizontal blocks, there's no 3 perpendicular clearings, nor can you clear vertically/horizontally.

It is possible to clear blocks in any arrangement, as long as there's more than 3 blocks stacked horizontally or vertically.
This is kinda what what I mean. I'd like to 3 or more touching blocks no matter what.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:15 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
CURRENT STANDINGS-
Rystar/Camtendo - IIII
Miles - III
Pyro - III
Mit/LordCyber - II
UEUWag - I
Yoshbert -

I'm gonna be honest (and I hope this doesn't come off as mean or anything) but I think our game was a lot more innovative than Miles'. I know it's your opinion, but I just feel that Miles' game didn't have that much to it, while our game did. it's even got a boss fight (that I have a hunch nobody got to) at the end of the level, and there's power-ups you can get from special groups of Boos. you really only do 2 things in Miles' game- shoot or don't shoot.

with that rant over and done, I'm gonna vote for Rystar and Camtendo. they won twice already (theoretically) and it had heaps of polish.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 243 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked