Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 95 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [pr]
 Post subject: Re: Minigame Competition #15 - Boss Rush
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:13 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Hey guys, school just got out for me. I'll try to whip something up with the 4 days left.
EDIT: one question: can bosses just come out at you randomly or do they all have to be fought separately?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Janj wrote:
one question: can bosses just come out at you randomly or do they all have to be fought separately?

hmm, thats a tough one,

I suppose, if you look at it in the perspective of an outer space shooting game (gradius for example) the effect of early bosses later becoming common enemies could be considered sort of the effect of a boss rush mode, they would appear at random, and some times in multiples.

i think you are within the rules with your question. ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[pr]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:05 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
OK, thanks Nite Shadow.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:19 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Janj wrote:
OK, thanks Nite Shadow.

any time ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:02 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hmm... the description says "in a row" though, so, I still feel a little perplexed.
edit: nevermind, not even worth mentioning.

Last edited by behind on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[pr]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:05 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Got the basic movements working. Onto editing the mc's and starting the attacks!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:27 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
Hmm... the description says "in a row" though, so, I still feel a little perplexed.

small loophole here, technically, even if randomized, they are still in a row, just no specific order to it.

User page at mfgg.net

[pr]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:03 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Well this is going fast!
Already started on the first boss, Cobrat.
Added shadow's and Cobrat's animations, still haven't started on attacks and stuff.

EDIT:
Cobrat's AI is going fantastic! I'm pleased with it so far.
A bit of info:
I have 4 invisible objects. Those guide Cobrat to Mario. Once Cobrat is in the same invisible object as Mario, it goes directly to him, very slowly. Just need to begin Mario's attacks.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:20 am 
MRPG:TT Creator
[*]
[*]
[*]
I've got a good idea, but I sadly don't have the time to make it. Been away for far too long from the computer

Creator of Mario: Wind Walkers (Ex-3rd place in Minigame Comp 13)
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[pr]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:29 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Yess, finished Cobrat's stage, now for the next boss of Level 1. Hmm...

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:18 am 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
how many bosses have u guys made so far? I havnt made any yet, but ima make em tomorrow. Im probably gonna just use premade sprite sheets, depending on the boss.

Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl

[pr]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:45 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
TheShyGuy wrote:
how many bosses have u guys made so far?

I've made one

I wish AS2 would have everything AS3 has. Currently, Mario's punches don't have to end. They just keep going and going until the user releases the key they've been holding. I even used this other code (to try to make punches last one second) but it doesn't work. I guess I'll have to make the next bosses different than the first one (Cobrat is like the most ****** thing I've ever seen. I hope the next boss (Most likely Koopatrol) isn't as stupid as Cobrat).

I'm actually kind of glad I entered this contest, because I really had nothing to do until Christmas.

User page at mfgg.net

[pr]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:57 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Sorry to double post, I just wanted to say that I didn't get much progress done after Cobrat was done. I actually wanted to make a game sort of like this, and this was the inspiration I needed to get it started, but the coding was so difficult that I never got to finish. Since I'm leaving at six in the morning for the Piedmont Triad Intl. Airport, I'll be out of wifi. Miami and San Juan probably both have wifi, so I'll connect with my DSi to check out the site.

But about the game, I'll probably release what is completed in January and, if possible, release the finished version.

See ya in 2012!

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:41 pm 
The Quantifiably Quip-tic QC Dude
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
unfortunately, I wasn't able to do a lot with my entry. I'm dropping out, too.

Maybe I'll pick it up and work on it some other time.

Image Refs - Something new's gonna show up here, I just know it! - DeviantArt - YouTubeImage
???!, 10%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:33 am 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
i didnt do alot either...i dont even have sound on it yet. Or even the boss i wanted to make. I made/still making ludwig as the "base" for the rest of the bosses. Ill probably just make a bunch of simpler bosses b4 deadline. Although i did make alot of progress on other things because of this competition ,which is good. i might show a vid of a non-tile based level i made for fun because of the progress i had to make on the level editor im working on. Gl to anyone whos still in this competition.

Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl

[gb]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:34 am 
MRPG:TT Creator
[*]
[*]
[*]
Well, that's a major bummer. Plus, hardly any entries after nearly TWO weeks (note: hardly any = none ATM) shows how difficult this theme is to follow. Especially with the standard rule-set.

But I'm going to show you something. It's not planned to be an entry for this comp, seeing as I made it over a year ago, (and I lost the source code of it around about a year ago too, due to my stupid USB stick which held the source code failing on me) but this is something I plan to revive and make better. This old Alpha Demo could also count as a Boss Rush of sorts, even though there are only two bosses in total. (However, the first one you fight multiple times, and each time he gets stronger)

And the reason why I'm posting it? Because if I had the time, I would had revived it and made it into a proper boss rush of sorts for this comp. But due to events beyond my control, I haven't been able to work on it. Still, this alpha demo is somewhat of a taste of what the comp entry could had become given enough time.

Anyway, enough with me chatting about the past. May I introduce you to an old relic of mine: Mario Galatic Defenders (Alpha Demo 1.0)

If it wasn't for the source code going MIA, I might had been able to expand on it. However, the main problem I would had faced would be making separate levels and joining them together with a world map a la Super Mario Galaxy 2. Plus, I would also need to change the ship (which was part of the tutorial I followed to make this demo) to a Starship Mario sprite. Still, I hope you enjoy this blast from my past (that is, before I started work on MRPG:TT and M:WW) which I hope to bring back soon.

Creator of Mario: Wind Walkers (Ex-3rd place in Minigame Comp 13)
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:12 am 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[youtube]youtube.com/watch?v=nwWzkfWZvb8&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

heres a level i made in gimp. I made the collision map with my editor that had to be improved because of the competition. This isnt in the boss rush game im making, its just a level i made because i got bored =). I think it looks pretty cool since its not tile based and looks pretty accurate. Theres are some obvious collision 'response' things i still need to fix up, but it still looks pretty good.Also the gameplay itself was within my boss rush game's engine.

..dunno how to set up the youtube thing...so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwWzkfWZvb8&feature=channel_video_title

[tw]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:19 am 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
TheShyGuy wrote:

Like this:
[youtube]nwWzkfWZvb8[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwWzkfWZvb8&feature=channel_video_title
Bolded is video id.

Code:
[youtube]put the video id here[/youtube]

Anyways, I like the way you did for the slopes and hills (coding).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:32 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
Well, that's a major bummer. Plus, hardly any entries after nearly TWO weeks (note: hardly any = none ATM) shows how difficult this theme is to follow. Especially with the standard rule-set.

But I'm going to show you something. It's not planned to be an entry for this comp, seeing as I made it over a year ago, (and I lost the source code of it around about a year ago too, due to my stupid USB stick which held the source code failing on me) but this is something I plan to revive and make better. This old Alpha Demo could also count as a Boss Rush of sorts, even though there are only two bosses in total. (However, the first one you fight multiple times, and each time he gets stronger)

And the reason why I'm posting it? Because if I had the time, I would had revived it and made it into a proper boss rush of sorts for this comp. But due to events beyond my control, I haven't been able to work on it. Still, this alpha demo is somewhat of a taste of what the comp entry could had become given enough time.

Anyway, enough with me chatting about the past. May I introduce you to an old relic of mine: Mario Galatic Defenders (Alpha Demo 1.0)

If it wasn't for the source code going MIA, I might had been able to expand on it. However, the main problem I would had faced would be making separate levels and joining them together with a world map a la Super Mario Galaxy 2. Plus, I would also need to change the ship (which was part of the tutorial I followed to make this demo) to a Starship Mario sprite. Still, I hope you enjoy this blast from my past (that is, before I started work on MRPG:TT and M:WW) which I hope to bring back soon.

Trying to get your game to start now, (seems i need another plugin)
However, im afraid this cannot be entered anyway, the release date was 2010-07-09,
which means, its automatic D.Q. on the grounds of being made before the competition started.
Im sorry.

9 hours remaining.
And merry Christmas.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:47 pm 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
thats not my utube account btw, its my bros...jsyk. I just uploaded the vid to his account.

anyways..only 4 hrs to code for my bosses >.>. Time to code like hell

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 95 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked