Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 95 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [gb]
 Post subject: Re: Minigame Competition #15 - Boss Rush
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:15 pm 
MRPG:TT Creator
[*]
[*]
[*]
Nite Shadow wrote:
ah2190 wrote:
Well, that's a major bummer. Plus, hardly any entries after nearly TWO weeks (note: hardly any = none ATM) shows how difficult this theme is to follow. Especially with the standard rule-set.

But I'm going to show you something. It's not planned to be an entry for this comp, seeing as I made it over a year ago, (and I lost the source code of it around about a year ago too, due to my stupid USB stick which held the source code failing on me) but this is something I plan to revive and make better. This old Alpha Demo could also count as a Boss Rush of sorts, even though there are only two bosses in total. (However, the first one you fight multiple times, and each time he gets stronger)

And the reason why I'm posting it? Because if I had the time, I would had revived it and made it into a proper boss rush of sorts for this comp. But due to events beyond my control, I haven't been able to work on it. Still, this alpha demo is somewhat of a taste of what the comp entry could had become given enough time.

Anyway, enough with me chatting about the past. May I introduce you to an old relic of mine: Mario Galatic Defenders (Alpha Demo 1.0)

If it wasn't for the source code going MIA, I might had been able to expand on it. However, the main problem I would had faced would be making separate levels and joining them together with a world map a la Super Mario Galaxy 2. Plus, I would also need to change the ship (which was part of the tutorial I followed to make this demo) to a Starship Mario sprite. Still, I hope you enjoy this blast from my past (that is, before I started work on MRPG:TT and M:WW) which I hope to bring back soon.

Trying to get your game to start now, (seems i need another plugin)
However, im afraid this cannot be entered anyway, the release date was 2010-07-09,
which means, its automatic D.Q. on the grounds of being made before the competition started.
Im sorry.

9 hours remaining.
And merry Christmas.

If you read my post fully, you would had known that I wasn't entering it into the contest. I was just showing it off as something that I had done before that I would had remade, given enough time.

Creator of Mario: Wind Walkers (Ex-3rd place in Minigame Comp 13)
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:58 pm 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
heres my entry... >.>

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24872

thats the xna client profile download to play the game

if no one else has an entry, and i win by default... id rather not get a badge or host the next competition(unless im allowed to be in it).

theres only one boss, ludwig. Who really wasnt even supposed to be in the game. But i didnt have enough time so hes the only one in there. You jump on his head a few times to kill him. When you do, you'll play/toggle to the other level. Theres only 2 levels, both fighting ludwig. Sorry i wanted to do more, but i couldnt.

the reason that bowserjr,mario, and ludwigs will spawn is if you press a,s, d. It was put in at the begining for debugging and i didnt take it out.

Anyways, controls are:

leftCtrl - run
left shift - jump
arrowkeys

edit:

well i was in a rush, so you play on the land level first, then the shell level.....Eh some bugs in switching levels, but when you die it gets fixed

edit:

removed because i remembered that i had hardcoded the content, srry for the few that downloaded it.

Last edited by TheShyGuy on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl

[gb]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:08 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Just in the nick of time, TheShyGuy... just in the nick of time.

And, if the deadline isn't extended, then it looks like you will automatically win this, seeing as no-one else has made an entry yet. (And to clarify things: what I posted wasn't an entry, but to show something that I might had remade for this contest given enough time)

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:11 pm 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
i wouldnt even want an extension. I just wanna do another different competition.

edit:nvm

Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl

[gb]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:22 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
TheShyGuy wrote:
i wouldnt even want an extension. I just wanna do another different competition.

edit:nvm

Same here. Well, either that, or a reboot of Mario Galactic Defenders. I really want to turn that into more than that old alpha demo that I no longer have the source code for...

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:31 pm 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
why dont you decompile it and take the code you actually need.

This comp definitely helped me out. Im going to redo my engine that ive been working on for a few months and redesign to be like this competitions engine. It had bad coding because i didnt use design patterns, which i used in this games engine(design patterns,not the engine). I didnt think it was that much easier when your code is organized.

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:19 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
If you read my post fully, you would had known that I wasn't entering it into the contest. I was just showing it off as something that I had done before that I would had remade, given enough time.

then you should have posted it in its own thread.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:42 am 
I was pretty far in development for this as my first game and post on mfgg and I was pretty proud of it too...

Then I got distracted by Christmas and ended up forgetting about it. D: If I can salvage my work for the next contest I'll use it for that, but I'll probably just finish it as a boss rush with 3 bosses.

[tw]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:11 am 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Should we extend one more week?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:16 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
supernova wrote:
Should we extend one more week?

looks like theshyguy wins by default.

ive already sent out the report, this thread should be out of the way shortly.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:09 am 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
im fine with an extension even though id rather just be in the next competition, this ones too long and there arent that many people really in it. Btw if i win by default, then does that mean i have to host it? Id rather someone else host since im new.

[tw]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:13 am 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Yeah, you're going to ask Guinea by PM him. He will give you instructions for the next one.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:45 am 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
someone else can host it. And btw my game is unplayable..for you guys. I remembered that i had hardcoded the content folders to match my comp and i never changed it >.>

-removed the file

[tw]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:47 am 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
So. If there is no entry then we just cancel this competition or we extend it?

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:39 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Nite Shadow wrote:
ah2190 wrote:

then you should have posted it in its own thread.

True... but, like I said, given enough time I would had extended it to be a better game and entered it into the comp. Plus, I was thinking of switching from Flash to GM. Also, I can't recover the game files to decompile my own game. Then again, I don't like decompiling any games: it allows people to cheat and rip off the game.

But thinking about it, I've just come up with a good idea for another game comp theme. And this time, the reward for winning that one would be more than just a badge on your profile... But to execute it, I need Guiena to allow me to set the theme.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 95 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked