Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 172 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Minigame Competition #13 - Wind!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:39 pm 
S̛̜̭͚̗͚̪͚̃ͯ̑̉̾̍̎O͙͈̻͖̣͍ͬͨͧO̯̮̯̠N̩̫̣͛̔
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
I have to object to this! We haven't received word from an Admin about if that is needed.

Night Shadow, you just ruined my day. And it ain't even begun.

And Fez, we don't know if that was even needed.

...I have to object to this. Unless the rules state as to what happens when there's a tie, which they don't, then it should be up to the admins as to how the tie is broken... that is, if the tie needs to be broken in the first place!

(I know I sound a bit like a sore loser, but I personally feel cheated out of 2nd place. I mean, sure, my game's not exactly the best, but Baloon Float's controls are very complex. And, when you think about it, our games have the same goal: reach the end of the stage.)

His WAS better

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:40 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
I've always thought that any tie that's in a position for a badge (tie for 1st, 2nd, or 5th) is always needed to be broken.

Well, I go by the rulebook, and it says nothing about dealing with ties. Which is why I has PMed an Admin to clarify what happens. But no, you guys decide to break the tie yourselves. And, by doing so, you ended up making myself very unhappy. I mean, I can understand that the Sky Run is the best, but Balloon Float being better than mine? No way - that game's controls are somewhat of a pain to use. True, it might not have the same sprite problems as my game, but still - I refuse to accept that Night thought my game wasn't as good as Balloon Float.

balloon float IS better

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:41 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
I've always thought that any tie that's in a position for a badge (tie for 1st, 2nd, or 5th) is always needed to be broken.

Well, I go by the rulebook, and it says nothing about dealing with ties. Which is why I has PMed an Admin to clarify what happens. But no, you guys decide to break the tie yourselves. And, by doing so, you ended up making myself very unhappy. I mean, I can understand that the Sky Run is the best, but Balloon Float being better than mine? No way - that game's controls are somewhat of a pain to use. True, it might not have the same sprite problems as my game, but still - I refuse to accept that Night thought my game wasn't as good as Balloon Float.

and oh yeah, be happy that you got a badge.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:44 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Alright, can we um, stop talking about which one was better and which one was worse? :( We all have our opinions. Ah2190, I can understand that you want this whole thing to be fair, but it's important to know that others feelings should be taken in consideration. It's best to just accept our differences and agree to disagree.
...okay, I'm done now, before I get reported as backseat modding or something, I'll just wait for the next comp.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:45 pm 
MRPG:TT Creator
[*]
[*]
[*]
moonrat wrote:

Ah2190

Spoiler:

'Unresponsive'? 'Boring'? 'STUPID'?!?

You're just being mean to me because I was somewhat mean to you.

...I really want to call fowl play right now, but then again if I do, it's most likely going to be found that my comments were what sparked it.

But I can't accept this. I simply just can't. And, this is something I failed to tell you guys beforehand, that was my very first game using Game Maker. Sure, I didn't expect to win, especally with Bowser's Sky Run, but I was aiming for the silver.

Edit: I really want to cool off right now, but moonrat's triple-post responces to what I said is both a) really destructive, and b) against the standard MFGG forum rules. That's why there's an EDIT button.

Creator of Mario: Wind Walkers (Ex-3rd place in Minigame Comp 13)
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:52 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
moonrat wrote:

Ah2190

Spoiler:

'Unresponsive'? 'Boring'? 'STUPID'?!?

You're just being mean to me because I was somewhat mean to you.

...I really want to call fowl play right now, but then again if I do, it's most likely going to be found that my comments were what sparked it.

But I can't accept this. I simply just can't. And, this is something I failed to tell you guys beforehand, that was my very first game using Game Maker. Sure, I didn't expect to win, especally with Bowser's Sky Run, but I was aiming for the silver.

Edit: I really want to cool off right now, but moonrat's triple-post responces to what I said is both a) really destructive, and b) against the standard MFGG forum rules. That's why there's an EDIT button.

you got what you deserved after your post to me. :angry: AND I don't plan on editing it.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:01 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
moonrat wrote:
you got what you deserved after your post to me. :angry: AND I don't plan on editing it.

Now that's it. I'm calling fowl play on the whole contest. True, I somewhat caused some of it, but you've left me with no other choice, moonrat. If it turns out well for you, you may be getting a badge after all, because I know that by doing this, I'm putting myself in danger of... well, you know. But if I have to suffer to prove that there was fowl play, then I'll do it.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:03 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
moonrat wrote:

Now that's it. I'm calling fowl play on the whole contest. True, I somewhat caused some of it, but you've left me with no other choice, moonrat. If it turns out well for you, you may be getting a badge after all, because I know that by doing this, I'm putting myself in danger of... well, you know. But if I have to suffer to prove that there was fowl play, then I'll do it.

I think the admin see this

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:08 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
moonrat wrote:
ah2190 wrote:
moonrat wrote:

They will, as I've made sure to inform them that I've done this.

And, I WAS going to give your game another chance... but, by forcing my hand, I'm now unlikely to ever want to try any of your games.

Anyway, this WAS the 13th competition, so it's going to be unlucky for someone.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:15 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
moonrat wrote:
ah2190 wrote:

And, I WAS going to give your game another chance... but, by forcing my hand, I'm now unlikely to ever want to try any of your games.

I'm unlikely to MAKE any more games

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:20 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
moonrat wrote:
ah2190 wrote:
moonrat wrote:

Look, I know what I was saying was somewhat harsh, but I did admit that, and tried to correct it. The idea you had was ok, but the mechanics and sprites of the game wasn't as good.

Look, can't we, once this is all sorted, put our differences beside us?

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[sc]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:25 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
First off, I've been here for 3 years now, and as far as I can remember, we always try to break ties for 1st and 2nd, just so there aren't multiple first place/runner up badges being handed out. That's just standard. We don't ask admins to break them for us.

Second, I think that you're just being incredibly sour here. You even said that you were aiming for silver. This was your first game. You were beaten by people that have more more experience than you. You should be glad that you even made it into the top 5.
I mean, aiming high is always good, but you can't get so upset when you don't place as high as you wanted to.
People just have opinions. And they preferred Azuriyuu's game to yours. I also thought that it was more responsive and more enjoyable.

Just try again next time. Every little bit of experience and feedback helps. You can't expect your first game to be a masterpiece. Hell, you're on the right road. That's miles better than the first thing I made. You just have to keep at it and don't let it get you down.

And moonrat, sure, he said mean things to you. No reason you have to be a jerk back. That just furthers the arguments. Be the bigger person here and stop it yourself.

Last edited by Fez on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:25 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
moonrat wrote:
ah2190 wrote:

Look, I know what I was saying was somewhat harsh, but I did admit that, and tried to correct it. The idea you had was ok, but the mechanics and sprites of the game wasn't as good.

Look, can't we, once this is all sorted, put our differences beside us?

You took it to far and it to late to go back

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:31 am 
[*]

Why are you two getting so mad? Calm the <REDACTED> down, people.

I'll say that I don't think the controls to my game are complex; numerous, yes, but the equivilant of "If the key is on the right, the wind blows right. If the key is on top, the wind blows up." isn't complex. Flawed, yes, but it's no more complex than a really big analog stick.

Secondly, there's no reason to get so angry and scream at eachother. I came for a good clash of game designing hearts, not for a screaming match of children.

ah:
Spoiler:

moonrat:
Spoiler:

And now, I want to thank everyone who thought that my game was worth being here. :) It... wasn't up to my par of quality, and given the opportunity and time I would've made a number of changes. I think I'm going to take a few days to spruce it up a little and alter the controls (While keeping the same theme to the controls) for the sake of actually submitting the game.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:43 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
moonrat wrote:

And you still keep you badge

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:44 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Azuriyuu wrote:

I'll say that I don't think the controls to my game are complex; numerous, yes, but the equivilant of "If the key is on the right, the wind blows right. If the key is on top, the wind blows up." isn't complex. Flawed, yes, but it's no more complex than a really big analog stick.

Secondly, there's no reason to get so angry and scream at eachother. I came for a good clash of game designing hearts, not for a screaming match of children.

ah:
Spoiler:

moonrat:
Spoiler:

And now, I want to thank everyone who thought that my game was worth being here. :) It... wasn't up to my par of quality, and given the opportunity and time I would've made a number of changes. I think I'm going to take a few days to spruce it up a little and alter the controls (While keeping the same theme to the controls) for the sake of actually submitting the game.

Well... I can sometimes be a bit of a jerkass, I'll give you that. And I was a bit TOO competitive, leading to my dismissal of moonrat's game as being poor. But I'm trying to calm down right now, which is why I was saying that if it was OK with moonrat if we put our differences behind us. But it seems that was yet another mistake on my behalf. moonrat should had used my offer to his advantage, but no - he shuts it down, without thinking about what he could do with it.

...I'm not sure if I'll carry on working on Wind Walkers right now. I was going to, and I had plans for it, but... well...

Edit: That does remain to be seen, moonrat.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:47 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
ah2190 wrote:
Azuriyuu wrote:

ah:
Spoiler:

moonrat:
Spoiler:

Well... I can sometimes be a bit of a jerkass, I'll give you that. And I was a bit TOO competitive, leading to my dismissal of moonrat's game as being poor. But I'm trying to calm down right now, which is why I was saying that if it was OK with moonrat if we put our differences behind us. But it seems that was yet another mistake on my behalf. moonrat should had used my offer to his advantage, but no - he shuts it down, without thinking about what he could do with it.

...I'm not sure if I'll carry on working on Wind Walkers right now. I was going to, and I had plans for it, but... well...

Edit: That does remain to be seen, moonrat.

I damn well thought your offer, but you had already harassed me.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:48 am 
[*]
I know this will probably sound like "OH HOH HOH HOOOOH I'M SO AWESOME AT GAME DESIGN", when I really am not, but if either of you want any game design tips, I'd be happy to help you improve your projects, whatever they may be.

Originally Mario's Balloon Float was going to be longer and a lot cooler, but then things happened like having to work two of the days I could have been making the game, then having a job interview for a second job, then starting the second job... Geez, it sounds like an excuse.

Ultimately, I did my best with the resources I had.

[sc]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:50 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
moonrat wrote:
ah2190 wrote:
moonrat wrote:

And you still keep you badge

You're sort of missing the point here.
The badges really aren't that big of a deal. You're bound to get one if you keep entering competitions.

It's the fact that you're refusing to let this go that is a big deal. Again, be the better person here, step up and end this argument, (an apology would be a good idea) so that you can put this behind you.

And you 'harassed' him back. He's no more to blame than you are. In fact, you seem to be more to blame right now, since you refuse to calm down. At least he admitted that he made a mistake, which you seem to be unable to do.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:00 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
And, seeing as I hadn't been here as long, I had no real idea as to how ties are sorted out. I would like the rules to be updated so that this sort of misunderstanding that I made can be avoided in the future.

Also, that offer I made still stands. Taking it is one way to make sure that this argument doesn't go any further.

Edit: You know, thinking about it... I might take you up on that offer, Azuriyuu.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 172 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked