Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 243 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Voting- Minigame Competition #7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:37 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Elyk, why did you review your own game? That was a tad bit unecessary, and frankly, immature in my opinion.disregard this plz

Last edited by behind on Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:38 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
CRAP!

...forgot that I was gonna enter ;_;

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:00 pm 
Needs more Custom Title Request forum.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Char - you know already, i told you on MSN but just for every one else to know, the instructions were cool, but there was a lot at one time on the pages - not a big worry, though

Elyk - Cute minigame. Got through the puzzles fine, nice idea!

Mason - I like your idea and follow-through, and the updated version is much better than the last one I played. Good job!

RandomClam - At first, I thought this was a newb-attempt. It all started making sense after the odd Pacman part. Funny, I must admit.

Superdimentiobros - Lovely little concept, and great use of the power-ups!

Wiiboy - Awesome minigame, and I'd probably go back and play this again.

MasterGamePro - I love the visual feel, the smoothness and the accuracy of this to the original with 3D. Unfortunately, this doesn't really make it something I'd vote for in a minigame competition, unless the theme was to recreate an official game (which I hope is never a theme).

Janj - oh god the backgrounds when it's a Game Over what's going on
Anyways, the low FPS made it difficult to move that cursor. Plus, if I don't want to hit Peach, I have to make sure I return it to some sort of area I know things won't pop up in, because apparently you don't click to spray water. That wasn't a good choice.

My 5:

Char
Elyk
Mason
Superdimentiobros
Wiiboy

Wiiboy wrote:
Elyk, why did you review your own game? That was a tad bit unecessary, and frankly, immature in my opinion.

it was funny and a joke

laugh, boy

@LordGavin, what the hell's up with the "forced" in brackets on your votes

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:15 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Quote:
Wiiboy - Awesome minigame, and I'd probably go back and play this again.
Thanks! :-)

Quote:
Quote:
Elyk, why did you review your own game? That was a tad bit unecessary, and frankly, immature in my opinion.

it was funny and a joke

laugh, boy
Oh, I thought he was just trying to be a douchebag. My mistake. Please disregard that naieeve comment of mine plzzz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
@LordGavin, what the hell's up with the "forced" in brackets on your votes
He originally didn't want to vote for those people, until someone told him that he had to, and he did. So he put "forced" on the people that he didn't want to vote for but had to.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:20 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Wiiboy4ever wrote:
Two conflicting reasons. One, LordGavin called my sportsmanship into question and I always critique the games that everyone else enters strongly so I felt that it would only be fair to recognize the flaws in my own work. Two, I did it to be silly like Yoshiman said.

EDIT: I began writing this post before I saw that you had made your edit.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:25 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Elyk: I liked it. It got a bit annoying at times but overall, it was fun. Original concept, too. Puzzles weren't too easy but they weren't too hard either, but I'm sure if you put some more time into it, you'd be fine.

Mason: Fun concept, I did say to you earlier that it'd be more fun with levels, but I guess that's just me. Overall I liked it. (and I got 27 points >:D beat you)

RandomClam: the pacman was hilarious :D the game itself wasn't too much fun, though.

superdimentiobros: Okay, sorry, I'm apparently the only one who isn't a fan of this game, but it seemed very untested. In level 3 I kept dying after setting the ice block on fire and landing on the blue block. Then I figured out you can't fall on the blue block from the top, you need to go around and land on it. That threw me off. In the next level, where you had to burn a wall of ice, if you just stood on the block that was above the ice block and dropped fire, the fire wouldn't actually melt the ice block underneath you, it'd burn the one that's two blocks under you. In the next level where you dropped a blue block in the lava then froze the lava under it, you had to jump first and then freeze the lava, otherwise you'd glitch and fall through the block. The game was good and the concept was neat but these very obvious glitches really really ruined the game for me.

Wiiboy4ever: fun. The "easter eggs" weren't really easter eggs though. Can't figure out how you thought someone would figure that pressing a random key (backspace) on the title would let you play as peach.

MasterGamePro: I know, everyone says 3D was a cheap gimmick but I really liked how well this was pulled off. Physics could use a lot of work though.

Janj: I'm sorry for being so blatant but this game was terribly boring. All you did was move your mouse around and hit random objects.

[VOTE]
Elyk
Mason
RandomClam
Wiiboy4ever
MasterGamePro

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:32 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Quote:
Wiiboy4ever: fun. The "easter eggs" weren't really easter eggs though. Can't figure out how you thought someone would figure that pressing a random key (backspace) on the title would let you play as peach.
y uno keep things unspoiled :[

On a serious note: uh, I just went off by what I normally see in video games that are those 'secrets'. Not sure why you don't see them as easter eggs. And they're only there to get players to figure out what they are, I thought that would be kinda cool.

Also, this is random, but I thought the pacman from RandomClam's game was hilarious too.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:34 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
On a serious note: uh, I just went off by what I normally see in video games that are those 'secrets'. Not sure why you don't see them as easter eggs. And they're only there to get players to figure out what they are, I thought that would be kinda cool.

They give you a hint. I'm missing the hint entirely.

LordGavin wrote:
Secondarily, you insulted others who failed to enter the contest, referring to them as "wimps". Even if this was in a joking regard (which it did not appear), that's unsportsmanlike and, for that, you don't deserve my vote anyway.
This is complete bull ****. The point of votes are a judgment on the minigame, not a judgment on the competitor's outlook. though, I'd rather not initiate drama on this topic, so I'll end this here.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:37 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Char wrote:

Okay I'm confused. :S

What gives you a hint?

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:43 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Char wrote:

What gives you a hint?

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:48 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Char wrote:
Char wrote:

What gives you a hint?

Alright, give me an example of an easter egg you've found in a videogame.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:51 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
There was one in Yoshi's Island which required you pressing Select and L+R+A+B or something like that. A secret message box told you that.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:01 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Char wrote:
There was one in Yoshi's Island which required you pressing Select and L+R+A+B or something like that. A secret message box told you that.
So for it to be qualified as an easter egg, it has to be hinted at?

Well in that case, the last one in my game that Elyk discovered counts as one because it's hinted at as well.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:04 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
No. You're missing the point.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:06 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
^ *sigh*

EDIT: Well, Char, I'm causing this thread to be really spammy. Again. I'd love to continue our discussion, but this is suppoesed to be for voting for the MGC. I guess you can PM me if you want, or comment on the game's topic. In fact, I'll do both myself, (depending on how lazy I am). I thought I could understand in one, simple, explanation but evidently that didn't happen.

Sorry for the inconviences, everyone.

Last edited by behind on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:16 pm 
Lord of the Realm
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
EDITED:

At DJYoshiman: Exactly what WiiBoy said.

At Elyk:
I honestly have no problem with the "wimps" comment, but was simply implying a lesson, in that to mind what you say to your competitors during a competition. Such things, in cases, can be taken wrong, and judges remain to have every right to take that into account when voting. Was it the reason I didn't vote for you? No, not in any way. I just didn't enjoy your game, as I stated before.

On a personal note as well: I find no issue in reviewing your own games. Heck, I do it as a small-sided video series on my YouTube channel, so I can completely relate.

At Char:
To concerning Elyk, I point to what I just said. As for the graphic issues I experienced, I thought it had something to use with the graphics card. However, I used to experience no problems with the displays before, but only found some issues in more resent years. I would assume my computer's card software (or driver) was updated systematically and received data that made it less supportive of some GM games. Whichever, I'm just glad it's what I expected. Maybe I'll be able to fix it in due time.

At WiiBoy:
Allow me to point to an "Easter Egg" from "Donkey Kong Country: Returns", if you're having trouble coming up with an idea of what they are: In level 7-1, you can see Crocomire's skull in the background, along with 75 meters and Mr. Game-And-Watch. Easter Eggs aren't always secrets or unlockables, but also references in some cases to other related or unrelated works or jokes. Normally, they're there to give plays a small laugh.

I could be completely wrong about all this, but I don't think I'm that far off, if I am at all.

Last edited by LordGavin on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[aq]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:19 pm 
Cheezits are my favorite snack
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Char wrote:
RandomClam: the pacman was hilarious :D the game itself wasn't too much fun, though.

I'm glad the pacman was so well received.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:24 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
RandomClam wrote:
Char wrote:

I'm glad the pacman was so well received.

That actually was pretty funny.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:34 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
LordGavin wrote:
However, I used to experience no problems with the displays before, but only found some issues in more resent years. I would assume my computer's card software (or driver) was updated systematically and received data that made it less supportive of some GM games. Whichever, I'm just glad it's what I expected. Maybe I'll be able to fix it in due time.

Like I said, it only glitches if surfaces are used.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:15 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Wow, I'm glad almost everyone liked my game!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 243 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked