Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  [ 189 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [ca]
 Post subject: Re: Time Limits ~ Minigame Competition #6
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:14 pm 
Lord of the Realm
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Char wrote:
Just tried it - Alt-F4 does.... absolutely nothing

... Wow... *Tries it himself* When did that stop working? Maybe it also becomes disabled when the close feature is.
Very well, my apologies. Thought it was working.

*Sighs* Never in all the forums I've been a part of have I collected such a consistent attention of so many mods/admins.

I'll lay it down flat:

The constant griping I've received from each of the mods/admin concerning my game (about relatively minor things that now appear blown out of proportion [that's how it appears to me, at least]) has worn on me. As critics of my work (and anyone elses work here), supporting your views and points with comments like "it's annoying" is not as pleasant to hear over something like "this would work better" or "people may like this more". As an open critic to many other works handed to me from over the web, I've had to learn this to avoid raising emotions and such unwanted things from those I critique. With you as forum mods/admins, I would have expected the same, but instead received all that.

To further point out that when I misunderstood what and where the theme was, I first received put-downs by this forums mods/admins over proper assistance. That was uncalled for. A response saying "The theme is located (here). The theme is (this). We thought you would have figured that out." would have better sufficed over a reply like "You're supposed to click the big 'Theme' button." and talking to me as if I am a moron. That was what raised me voice against why the first post wasn't simply edited to include it, and why that discussion began.

Finally, when I posted in the showcase about my website re-vamp, it was quickly pulled down as "spam". A website is a web-based application (as a web-based application is any application run through a web-browser, which does include websites themselves [as far as I would consider]) and the showcase encourages the sharing of "fan-games, independent games, and applications". For mods/admin to refer to that work then as "spam" is insulting.

Perhaps this is was all a misunderstanding and I've interpreted your words wrong, but the mood I've received has remained too consistent to be thought of otherwise. I feel unwanted and belittled by the forum mods/admins.

There, I spoke my mind finally. So what's gonna happen? Am I going to be ignored? Lectured? Heck, banned for being "annoying", or perhaps maybe a simple apology (even if you find it completely unnecessary) to help heal my spirits?

Oh, and thank you for the names Char (a link would have been nice, but I'm sure I can find them easily enough). I'll see if I can implement that into my next big game coming out soon.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:08 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Maybe if you just admitted you're wrong instead of pinning the blame back at us, things would have easily been settled. "Okay, my bad, but since my entry still stands because it has time-based events. [etc]" would have warranted a "that's cool" response - "No! I saw underlined text so that has to have been the theme even though the link that has the theme is in size 200 font, in the colour of a link and has arrows around it and references to click it!" - is only going to aggravate us.
LordGavin wrote:
Oh, and thank you for the names Char (a link would have been nice, but I'm sure I can find them easily enough). I'll see if I can implement that into my next big game coming out soon.

supersound- http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=120034
bass- http://testgmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=232090

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Is voting still going on or did i miss something?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:08 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
superbowser wrote:
Is voting still going on or did i miss something?

I believe it's still kicking

in which case I cast a vote for the superbowser one

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:18 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Alright since it has been over 24 hours....

LordGavin III
superbowser IIIIII
Wiiboy- I

superbowser wins and gets to make the next competition!

LordGavin takes 2nd

Wiiboy is top 5

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:26 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
badges handed. Superbowser has 48 hours to make the next MGC (or just contact me for the timer and stuff), failing which control passes to LordGavin for the next 24 hours, failing which Wiiboy gets it for 12 hours, failing which staff makes the MGC.

and yes, I do apologise on my behalf for all the trouble that we've been through.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:40 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I've PM'd Char about what I need to do to set up the next competition, so be looking for the topic in the next few days

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:02 pm 
Lord of the Realm
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Char wrote:
Maybe if you just admitted you're wrong instead of pinning the blame back at us, things would have easily been settled.

LordGavin wrote:
...Maybe you can understand how I missed that. My bad...
...we're all cool (I hope). Ah, the fun with confusion...

I'm sorry Char, but I couldn't hear you over the sound of my apology.

Regardless, since you demand one, perhaps it's due time for a clearer one. No, as much as I think linking you to a new apology (using size 200 font, of course) would help you spot it, I'll just do it my way:

I extend my most sincere apologies to those that had to deal with the strife between themselves and I over the duration of this Mini-Game competition. Regardless of out clash of views, my hopes is that this is all finally resolved and that it no longer effects our relationships in the future.

There we go. Now everyone should be happy.

With that said, my time here on the MFGG forums has come to a (most likely temporary) end. As is typical of me to disappear for long spans of time, I will have to do so again now. Congratulations to SuperBowser for having bested me in the contest, I hope your next one goes well. Congradulations to WiiBoy for becoming a quick friend to me. If you ever need me for anything, here's my E-mail so you can get a hold of me:

Spoiler:

Oh, and thank you for the links Char. That was quite helpful of you.
Char wrote:
and yes, I do apologise on my behalf for all the trouble that we've been through.

If that is anyway directed to me, thank you. That's very kind (would have liked it in the earlier post, but late is better then never).

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:06 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
There was no need to continue this. The MGC is done.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  [ 189 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked