Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 143 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [in]
 Post subject: Re: Minigame Competition #5: Return of the 7 Days of MFGG
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:53 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
5 hours.. come on people!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:07 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Download

Here's my first demo of Brains. Trapped in a room full of the bloodthirsty undead, Mario must scramble to collect ammunition for his gun to keep the zombies at bay and survive as long as possible. Credit goes to Elyk for the original concept.

I'll probably remove the room wrapping unless I can find a prettier way to do it, but most likely this will be the last version I release before the deadline.

User page at mfgg.net

[pr]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:07 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
just started lv 1 of a NEW GAME.
I'll never finish the other two in time.
Edit: finished lv 1, starting two

char, why is it named that?

Last edited by Janj on Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:56 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Metroid: Diode

Development Log
Mediafire Mirror

Don't even ask why it's named that.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:41 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
The only reason I'm playing Char's game cause the girl is hottttt

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:47 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
^ wouldn't argue with that :)

User page at mfgg.net

[pr]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:24 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Uploading game to my site...
LINK: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12466&p=333506#p333506

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:42 pm 
[*]
[*]
aff.....I made it(well, we made it),I hope that MIT upload the file in time.Very near of the deadline.....

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:48 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]

http://www.box.net/shared/4ro9dighbc

here it is you guys, just remember to read the readme, and have fun

also controls are configured in-game

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:52 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Here it is!
It kind of sucks, but...
http://www.freefilehosting.net/darkmatterlosthispetals1111
Attachment:
screenshot209.png
screenshot209.png [ 19.65 KiB | Viewed 441 times ]

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:54 pm 
[*]
[*]
And please, play our game before you vote

[in]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 am 
[*]
Can some one tell me the judging procedure here?
I'm really sorry, But I'm a newcomer and dunno anything at all :(

The only reason I'm playing Char's game cause the girl is hottttt

I agree

Last edited by Guinea on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Split topic.

[in]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:16 am 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
times up. the download all at once™ is due in a while (as soon as i download everything)

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:44 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Can some one tell me the judging procedure here?

1) Top 5 voting.
Members vote for their favorite five entries, you can't vote for yourself though.
This takes 2 days usually.

2) Final voting.
The top five entries from the Top 5 voting can be voted for, and members can vote their favorite entry.
After 1 day the winner is the one with the most votes.

The winner also gets to pick the theme for the next competition.
In case you're unsure about any rules, please go to the Archives and look for the rules thread.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:38 am 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Top 5 Voting!

Our contestants are (in alphabetical order):
Char
ChrisD3
Diabloist337
Janj
lordcyber12 & Mit
superdimentiobros
VinnyVideo

(I hope I didn't miss any :<)

DOWNLOAD ALL AT ONCE™ HERE (61MB)
Sorry about the delay, my net died :V

User page at mfgg.net

[pr]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:41 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
^^Thanks Char!
If char hadn't posted that download, then the game might take a while.
BUT(I might sound like a nerd) downloading that would make it a little bit easier, because I tweened the objects to go in and out of the 550 x 400 rectangle. When you play it directly from the swf, you can see that objects hang in there a little while more.

Try downloading this webpage by right clicking>>save page as and move it to the 'Janj' folder in the mgc5pack. Use this file to play it instead of the swf. Also, you must download this file or else you will get an error.
(Basically all it does is resize the game when you play it in your browser).

Also, I've moved the game to the same directory of the html file.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:13 pm 
[*]
[*]
Ok.So my little reviews:
Char: A metroid Clone(the correct term is Metroid Redux)?You really has no-life to do everything in a week.Is like Robot want Kitty (or want Puppy or want Fish).Nice work!.But I don't like exploration based and trial and error (a error that was fixed in Metroid Prime), turning a player a in a moron vandal (like in GB Zelda games where Link thrusts his sword in every wall to find a weakpoint to use a bomb).I think that has 99,9% to me and Mit lose to you.

ChrisD3:A puzzle buggy platform game that look more than a engine that doesn't work well,I discovered some abilities by using double jump or using <space> to "invert vspeed".Is more frustaing when try finish the level 7, that has a orb in a narrow place(I beat it because,some how, the ball touchs one invisible pixel of the orb).Level 11 is blank.

Diabloist337:A puzzle with great music and nice sense of monochrome art,but boring stuff.This concept of control 2 players was made before and with more stuff.I think that the game is a little slow and is better use splited view to the players,because it has a risk of one of them is out of the view.When I was killed by a red spray,I received game over and need redo all again.Is very frustrating to puzzle game.A advice to is short the levels a little,try add new stuff(or combination of stuff) in a more creative way,and,after a game over,the player can a chance to retry again.

Janj:A flash game focus in click stuff.Why need move Mario because it is useless.The flash sutff like text or other thing are too much amateur and lack quality.To a week comp,isn't a good game.Sorry.

superdimentiobros:Is %$&#&$ hard! The speed momentum is too much high to control.Worst than the vspeed used in SMB!!! from last comp.

VinnyVideo:A isometric survival game that broke the rules of a isometric game collision.touch Bullet to shoot in the "Zombies" and avoid them.Simple game,but too much simple.

So my aproximate Top Five is:
Char
Diabloist337
VinnyVideo
Janj
ChrisD3

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:08 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
MY TOP FIVE VOTE:

Diabolist
lordcyber & mit
Char
VinnyVideo
Janj

superdimentiobros - Gave up after 10 seconds at most. Gameplay is too hard. :( If the gravity were disabled then maybe I would have liked the game more. The music rocks though!

Janj - Meh. The intro probably should have some music and it's really boring, but I still like you way you 'presented' it. The ingame, however desperately needs some work. The items are blocky, the gameplay is boring, the levels are short, and there isn't even a background. :( Also, where do you type the password anyway? And is Luigi even playable despite the character select screen saying "Mario game" & "Luigi game"? Same thing with the freeplay and career mode. Also, I encountered a glitch in one of the levels where after a certain amount of time, no items appeared and the level continued on forever. But I loved the SM64 snow theme and it fit well.

ChrisD3 - I really don't know how to describe this. It's......different. The gameplay is extremely glitchy. I don't even know what I'm supposed to do. The game comes with no instruction, and I'm left to just jumping and bouncing around everywhere. And the graphics are just bad.

Vinny Video My my. This game is very good, if I must say so mahself. :agree: I love the graphics, (SMRPG ROXXX) The gameplay was good, and the sounds were fitting and good as well. My only gripe with this is the replay value, which is low because the game gets boring a tad bit too fast. Y'know, just run avoid, and collect. It'd be nice if there were powerups, or different monsters or something. Also, did you set the origins for the sprites in the center? Because when the cursor hits the enemies, the explosion is not created at the center of the enemies, which looks sorta weird. One more thing: Mario's movements are a little...akward. Like, he's too slippery.

lordcyber & mit - I liked it. Gameplay is fun, and the addition of the charge and jumping ability is nice. Sprites are nice as well. The audio really needs some tweaking, however. For instance, the fireball sounds play even after the level they appear in. Also, this game contains massive ear rape. Like the sound when the thwomp is collecting all the coins sounds atrocious. Same with the fireball glitched I mentioned. The music, too isn't very fitting in my opinion. It's too slow-paced, and doesn't really fit with this type of gameplay. Also, the ground system seems cheaply gimmicked, since the objects don't move 'with' it; the move at a completely different speed, so it looks as if everything is on a conveyor belt and not actually just moving on a regular floor. And one last thing, you can easily just NOT play the game and still get a score; Wario just simply gets dragged to the bottom left, being hit by the obstacles. But I suppose this is a good thing, since if there were something such as health implemented, that would make the game even more frustrating since you get hit constantly.

Char - Great and unique game. I love the concept along with the girl, like I said before, is hot (but that's beside the point). The gameplay is great. Sure, 8-bit graphics are outdated, but they're still pretty good. And man, I am lovin' that song. 8-bit brinstar from super smash bros ftw And the game really makes you think, and come up with a strategy to get past certain spots. The problem with that is it makes you think too much, to the point where it's hard and confusing. Especially the controls. I feel as if there are too many, where I'm just banging my keyboard trying to get unstuck in the game. But I still like the fact that there are many gameplay elements that make the game fun to play.

DiabolistThis game is so outrageuously creepy. :huh: Not necessarily a bad thing, though. Okay, so the gameplay is really really boring. The boxes move way too slow, and I almost quit the first level waiting for the damn things to cooperate. And they even take a hoal hour just to fall back down once they jump. And that music totally came outta nowhere. (is that transformers theme, i see?) Still a decent game, though.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:10 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
^Um, is it me, or did you forget mit and lordcyber?GAH!

Last edited by behind on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:22 pm 
[*]
[*]
Ops,I forgot to destroy the fireballs.That why the sound is repeating.Is very hard find good soundeffects (I didn't find the charge sound and sorry for ear rape).Next time I choose not put sound instead put bad (but only avaliable)sounds the moving background only move with integer hspeed,so it has this problem(because the objects have a drag speed of -1.5).The music has the same problem of finding too.Yep, is possible NOT play the game and still get a score.If you don't have enough coins, you are killed by thwomp and get a Game Over.Maybe if I raised the coin amount asked by Thwomp, can turn it a little more(the sequence of coin asked is 50,100,200 and 400)Still need balancing stuff (wario lost 5*level coins by damage).

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 143 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked