Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 143 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [in]
 Post subject: Re: Minigame Competition #5: Return of the 7 Days of MFGG
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:23 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Um, is it me, or did you forget mit and lordcyber?

..read the name of the person who posted it

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:24 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Char wrote:
Um, is it me, or did you forget mit and lordcyber?

..read the name of the person who posted it
I'm so embarrassed now. :(

User page at mfgg.net

[pr]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:30 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Woah, voted in both times...
I'll be reserving this post for voting once I decide who.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:59 am 
[*]
My Votes

1. LordCyber12 and MIT
2. Char
3. VinnyVideo
4. ChrisD3
5. SuperDimentioBros

I'M BEING CRITIC. SO PLEASE NO HARD FEELINGS. :)
I know a lot of efforts have been pulled in to make these games, and some comments may really put you off. But I say that all of them are really nice, fun to play and to share with my friends over my place here.

LordCyber12 and MIT
A cool arcade game, simpler and nice. My only complain is the overuse of "Here I GO!" played mechanically over and over again as I tapped my DASH key. Very annoying, sorry.

Char
I never played any Metroid game before, not in my recent memories. So I judged it as any other platformer. A nice platformer, Really. Collect items and break through etc. etc.
I found the controls a bit over-responsive. No Crouch + Fire, really got me killed. And no skippable informations. Too much trial and Error. Not of my personal taste. But nice to play nonetheless.

VinnyVideo
I will repeat what other had said, shockingly bad collisions. and seeing that the aim was to collect the Cannons altogether! Took a while for me to realize that!
Glitchy enemy AI, coupled with Wrapping! OMG! I died even before I realized what the heck was happening on the screen. :mad:
After when I got hang of it, I went on for about 5 mins, got bored, pressed ESC. Sorry.

ChrisD3
A good concept. But plagued with glitches! No graphics, backgrounds whatsoever. On level 2 itself I got halfway through a green platform and got stuck there forever! Damn, it was maddening. Still gets my vote for a try out of the regular run-jump-run platformers.

SuperDimentioBros
OMG! UBER DIFFICULT!!!11!!i!111ELEVENi!i!i!i!i!iONEONEiiEYE!!EXCLAMATION
The game's sad gravity and controls frustrated me to no end. After 16th effort I managed to collect one petal and ALAS! I dashed a wall! After which I Ragequitted! But only to realize that the Petal was with me and it wasn't not the entire room restart. Sorry, I'm not gonna go through that ordeal again to collect the second one.

Now the only one left out

JanJ
I'm really sorry you're the last in my voting queue and sixth. It has nothing to do with flash games or whatsoever. Although the controls seemed nice, but If I'm collecting things by clicking, why the heck is Mario snowboarding there? There's a lot of confusion around the gameplay mechanic itself! I'd have loved to vote for you, but others have really outdone you. Sorry.

That's my VnV (Views and Votes)

Now about ugly and crappy thing I made for this contest.

Diabloist337:A puzzle with great music and nice sense of monochrome art,but boring stuff.This concept of control 2 players was made before and with more stuff.I think that the game is a little slow and is better use splited view to the players,because it has a risk of one of them is out of the view.When I was killed by a red spray,I received game over and need redo all again.Is very frustrating to puzzle game.A advice to is short the levels a little,try add new stuff(or combination of stuff) in a more creative way,and,after a game over,the player can a chance to retry again.

The game was intended to be a puzzle game. And the pace of the game is purposely made slow to fit the grungy graphics and post production (film grain) effects. (I dunno if you noticed ;) )
And yes, You MUST carry both characters, if one is left behind, it's Game Over.
And I agree about the level restarts, I should have done that. But I had time constraints, and I did abide all the rules, I mean, plenty of eating, drinking and sleeping part. :whoops:
I dunno if you got ahead of level 5. Cause that's where things start 'twisting' around. Nevermind.
But yes, I absolutely agree with you. More elements are required. But seeing that I signed up late, (saw this competition late + had no real concept in mind at that time) I think that's as far as I could have gone... :(

DiabloistThis game is so outrageuously creepy. :huh: Not necessarily a bad thing, though. Okay, so the gameplay is really really boring. The boxes move way too slow, and I almost quit the first level waiting for the damn things to cooperate. And they even take a hoal hour just to fall back down once they jump. And that music totally came outta nowhere. (is that transformers theme, i see?) Still a decent game, though.

Creepy. Yes, sure! It was meant to be.
I will say it again. It was meant to be slow. Don't you ever get bored with all the fast games?
Music? yes, it is. I just picked that cause I thought it suited well. ;)

I'm currently downloading all. Will reply again with my reviews and votes. DONE.

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:35 am 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Votes:
lordcyber12 & Mit
Diabloist337
VinnyVideo
Janj
ChrisD3

Opinions:
lordcyber12 & Mit: Not a bad game. Could use a few touch ups in a few areas (overuse of HERE I GO!!!) but as you said you plan to rectify that. It also gets repetitive after a while. I have no complaints otherwise.

Diabloist337: A good concept but it's very very slow paced and it takes ages to move and jump. I'm impatient as it is and the speed of this didn't help :P

VinnyVideo: While I can see what you were trying to do with this, it didn't go so well. The room warping is horrible and the engine test is not really interesting. All you do is collect random bullets and they kill zombies.

Janj: Not too much fun. You just clicked random items while Mario was snowboarding.

ChrisD3: Really unpolished. While the concept and idea of the game was good, the execution was not. The levels were badly designed and you had to exploit thousands of glitches to walk around. The graphics were not good at all.

superdimentiobros: You lost my vote because this game is impossible. I ragequitted after getting the first petal after 27 tries.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:55 am 
[*]
[*]
Can someone give me a sound of Wario's charge attack?I didn't find it and I wanted to replace before I submit this game in the site(with other fixes).

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:52 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Quote:
I'd have loved to vote for you, but others have really outdone you. Sorry.
I fail to see how smb and even chris outdone janj. Seriously.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:16 pm 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Quote:

Can we seriously not start arguments about who voted for who? It's downright insulting to say "I fail to see how ___'s game is better than ___'s game." And it's your own vote, you can vote for who you like.

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:08 pm 
I shine.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I vote for:
Char
Diabloist337
lordcyber12 & mit
superdimentiobros
VinnyVideo

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:22 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Char - I enjoyed playing it. The items that you had to collect were actually purposeful and as a player I had more of a desire to collect them than something silly like a coin. They were hidden well enough that finding them actually was part of the game's challenge. Music was good. Graphics were good. There were some bugs but none that really detracted from game play.

ChrisD3 - I did not enjoy playing it. This was not really a collectathon game, it was more of a "go from point a to point b" game. The orbs felt more like level end checkpoints and their purpose was only to bring me to another dull level. It seemed like as the game went on you got progressively lazier with the level design as well. The music and sounds were nonexistent. The graphics were really poor and half-assed. The collision detection was really buggy and made some levels impossible to complete (7).

Diabloist337 - I did not enjoy playing it. It was actually a collectathon game which was good and collection of the gold pieces actually served a purpose and it was possible to miss some of them. My main issue with this game was that it ran so slowly. The platforming wasn't difficult enough that I needed time to think about what to do next so I found myself bored holding the right key waiting for the blobs to move only a few body widths over. It seems like you were trying to go for a black and white style but I felt like that only compounded the dullness that the slow movement already created. There weren't really any bugs that I saw unless that slow movement was a bug. This game could easily become enjoyable if you sped it up and made the levels more interesting (maybe even some color).

Janj - I did not enjoy playing it. I don't really have any experience making flash games so I don't know how difficult they are, but this seemed really lacking. It was as if you decided to have Mario on a snowboard just so that way you had an excuse not to add in a background. Clicking on the items wasn't really entertaining at all. The graphics looked bad because of how they were resized. At times clicking on an item did nothing. It would have been nice to know how many points I needed to pass a level (unless I missed that notifier).

lordcyber12 & Mit - I enjoyed playing it for a bit. It was entertaining for a while but then became too spammy. It was impossible to collect coins near the end of the game without being hurt by the spike balls. It seemed like the coins had a purpose other than score but I wasn't entirely sure since I was never told that I didn't have enough when I reached the blue thing. I didn't really notice any bugs and it controlled fine. The graphics were okay. I don't know if this was asked already but are the enemies randomly generated or is it choreographed?

superdimentiobros - I did not enjoy playing it. Did you even play test this? The collisions are really buggy and you die without even making contact with the wall. The level design seems poor and the generic sky with star blocks reflects a clear lack of effort.

VinnyVideo - I did not enjoy playing it. The game did not seem like a collectathon to me. It was more of a dodge and defend type game. The enemies did not even seem to be much of a threat and often just stood there doing nothing. I don't know if as you continued to play they actually started to attack since I quit from boredom before I figured that out. The graphics seemed fine. There were times when I stepped onto a bullet bill and nothing would happen.

Char
Mit/lordcyber12
Diabloist337
VinnyVideo
Janj

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:14 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Char wrote:
Quote:

Can we seriously not start arguments about who voted for who? It's downright insulting to say "I fail to see how ___'s game is better than ___'s game." And it's your own vote, you can vote for who you like.
Sure, just pick on me. I know that wasn't the best thing to say, but I never meant to 'insult' anybody.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:12 am 
[*]
Wiiboy4ever wrote:
Char wrote:

Sure, just pick on me. I know that wasn't the best thing to say, but I never meant to 'insult' anybody.

I should have been more specific. My mistake. I feel miserable now. :(

What I really meant to say was about the game mechanic. It was kinda (actually, total) mess up. Although it was cosmetically nice, but I, personally don't stand for a game which doesn't have a clear vision, at least towards its gameplay. I never meant to insult anyone. (Why would I? I'm the newest guy here!)

More than anyone I feel terribly guilty towards JanJ, I'm so sorry buddy. Didn't mean to put you off, honestly.

------------

And now for my entry. Lost of people have been saying that the game's slow pace have put 'em off. I know. Since this place is MFGG, so you all are used to playing the fast paced games. I should have understood that before I submitted the entry.

The game's concept was a classic Black and White and balancing the line, which represented the old Light and Darkness struggle and walking the line between Good and Evil, subliminally. And the Gold coins represented the things that must be done. whether good or bad, may put the other sub conscience into the harm's way. The slow pace was in accordance to those concepts and also to show off the game's graphics and artworks. I see that it has almost failed it purpose. Nevermind.

I'll re-release the game with faster pace and more colors as you had been demanding. Plus, the required features like Level Restarts, and Level Selection will also be there.

And seeing that I have already caused much of the fuss / mess here, by my earlier comments, unintentionally, but its happened anyway, it is only fitting that shut my mouth from here on.

Thanks a lot for the votes and support.
See y'all.

[in]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:32 am 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
No you haven't, it's certain people misinterpreting what you wrote that's causing trouble. You are entitled to your opinion and you don't have to feel bad about it.

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:23 am 
i'd hit it
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
AND OUR FINALISTS ARE
VinnyVideo        IIIIII
Char IIIII
Diabloist337 IIIII
lordcyber12 & Mit IIIII
Janj IIII

Complete list:
Spoiler:

ChrisD3           III
superdimentiobros II

As always, DOWNLOAD ALL AT ONCE™ and vote for one of the finalists.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
 Post subject: Re: ----- FINAL VOTING ---- Minigame Competition #5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:18 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
GAH! It's so hard to pick. :huh:

....but my vote goes to Char

User page at mfgg.net

[in]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:25 am 
[*]
GAH! It's so hard to pick. :huh:

I agree

My vote goes to LordCyber12 and MIT

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:38 pm 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
my vote goes to char.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:32 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

This is definitely a toss-up here, but I guess I'll go with Char.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:48 pm 
The Quantifiably Quip-tic QC Dude
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'm voting for Char as well.

Image Refs - Something new's gonna show up here, I just know it! - DeviantArt - YouTubeImage
???!, 10%

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:04 pm 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Char

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 143 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked